- Volume 31 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on User Experience Survey for Development of New Full Body Harness in Heavy and Construction Industry
중공업과 건설업에서 새로운 전신 안전대 개발을 위한 사용실태에 대한 연구
- Kim, Daesik (Department of Industrial Management Engineering, Dong-Eui University) ;
- Kim, Yuchang (Department of Industrial Management Engineering, Dong-Eui University)
- Received : 2016.08.10
- Accepted : 2016.12.15
- Published : 2016.12.31
According to industrial accident analysis of the Ministry of Employment and Labor in 2013, 38 workers were injured by fall accidents on average per day, and one worker died on average per day among them. In various industries such as heavy and construction industry, the full body harness is commonly used to prevent the fall accident. In developing full body harness, the designer considered only the workers' safety, without taking into account comfort and workability. The survey was conducted so as to search the problems of full body harness currently used by workers in heavy and construction industry. The survey questionnaire was given to 565 workers wearing full body harness in heavy and construction industry. The results of study showed that the development of new full body harness considering body size of korean was needed. The impotent factors for developing of new full body harness were the size and the weight of the full body harness. The full body harness taking into account body size was judged to contribute to more comfortable work, work efficiency and safety. The result of this study can be utilized as useful data in the development of new full body harness considering the body size of korean workers.
full body harness;fall accident;fall
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, 2012 industrial accident examination, 2013.
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, 2011 industrial accident examination, 2012.
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, 2010 industrial accident examination, 2011.
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, 2009 industrial accident examination, 2010.
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, 2008 industrial accident examination, 2009.
- Y. W. Ko, D. R. Kim, J. H. Cho and K. S. Kang, "Investigation & Analysis about Fatalities of Falls from Height at Construction Work", Journal of Korea Safety Management & Science, Vol.14, No. 3, pp.49-57, 2012.
- H. S. Ahn, E. J. Kim, K. J. Lee, J. H. Park, M. W. Cho, J. C. Oh and S. B. Kim, "Falls from Height Prevention and Risk Control Effectiveness", OSHRI, 2009.
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, Occupation Safety and Health Acts, 2015.
- T. Smith-Jackson, D. Hindman, L. Shields, B. Thomas, C. Gallagher and L. Koch, "Safety Climate and Use of Fall Arrest Systems", Proceedings of CIB W099 2011, 2011.
- J. Angles, A. Nakata, J. Morris, G. Dhillon, T. Smith-Jackson and D. Hindman, "Requirements and Task Analysis of Fall Protection for Residential Construction", Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, 2012.