- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Effects of IT Resources on the Work Efficiency and Corporate Performance in The Mobile Smart-Work Environment
모바일 스마트워크 환경에서 IT자원이 업무효율성과 기업성과에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Min-Woo (HUMANNCIS Co., Ltd.) ;
- Oh, Min-Jeong (Dept. of Business Administration, Graduate School, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Seung-Chul (School of Business, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2016.03.12
- Accepted : 2016.05.20
- Published : 2016.05.28
The purpose of this study is to examine the effects of the IT resources on the work efficiency and corporate performance in Mobile Smart-Work Environment with IT convergence Technology by applying the Resource-Based View. The study has an academic meaning by empirically analyzing the effects of factors identified based on the existing study on the IT resources in Mobile Smart-Work, and practical implications to identify how the significance of the Mobile Smart-Work used as a platform of variety industries in manufacturing, logistics, service, distribution, finance, public institutions, and so on positively affects improvement of corporate efficiency and performance. The results showed that IT Infrastructure and IT skills in the Mobile Smart-work environment were found to bring positive effects on individual work efficiency, and IT skills had positive influence on team work efficiency. Also, we confirmed the individual and team work efficiency positively affect financial and market performance of business firms. Finally, we expect that business firm equipped with IT resources in the Mobile Smart-Work environment with IT convergence Technology. It can improve this work efficiency and the performance, which leads to strengthening the core competency.
- H. S. Han . J. A. Woo, "Exploration of Smart Work Benefits from the Perspectives of Individual, Firm, and Social Support", Journal of Korea IT Service, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp.147-167, 2012. https://doi.org/10.9716/KITS.2012.11.2.147
- M. J. Oh . M. W. Lee, "Adoption of Project Management Office in the Smart Work Environment: Effects and Influences", Korea Society of Project Management, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp.1-18, 2013.
- A. Y. Seo, "Factors Affecting Individuals' Job Satisfaction in Smart-work Environments", The e-Business Studies, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp.427-459, 2012. https://doi.org/10.15719/geba.13.3.201209.427
- H. J. Lee, "The public sector Smart Work Implementation Status and Issues", National Information Society Agency, pp.1-18, 2010.
- E. T. Penrose, "The Theory of the Growth of the Firm", NY: Oxford University Press, 1959.
- B. Wernerfelt, "A Resource-based View of the Firm", Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 5, pp.171-180, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250050207
- C. K. Prahalad . G. Hamel, "The Core Competence of the Corporation", Harvard Business Review, Vol. 68, No. 3, pp.79-91, 1990.
- J. Barney, "Firm resources and sustained competitive advantage", Journal of Management, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 99-120, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1177/014920639101700108
- Geon.-Ju Ko, "The Effect of Smart Work Circumstance Factors on Job Performance", Master's Thesis, Hansung University, pp.5, 2012.
- K. Y. Lee . T. H. Park . J. I. Lim, "A Study on Roles of CERT and ISAC for enhancing the Security of Smart Mobile Office", Journal of Korea Information Security and Cryptology, Vol. 21, No. 5, pp.109-127, 2011.
- Min-Woo Lee, "A Study on the Effect of IT Resources on the Firm Performance in the Mobile Smart-Work Environment", Ph.D's Thesis, Hanyang University, 2015.
- A. Bharadwaj, "A resource-based perspective on information technology capability and firm performance: An empirical investigation", MIS Quarterly, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp.169-196, 2000. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250983
- N. Melville . K. Kraemer . V. Gurbaxani, "Review: Information technology and organizational performance: An integrative model of IT business value", MIS Quarterly, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp.283-322, 2004. https://doi.org/10.2307/25148636
- Min-Woo Lee, "A Study on the Effect of IT Resources on the Firm Performance in the Mobile Smart-Work Environment", Ph.D's Thesis, pp.29, Hanyang University, 2015.
- M. H. Jo . J. S. Choi, "IT resources and perceived organizational efficiency among non-profit social service organizations", Journal of Social Welfare Administration, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp.113-138, 2012.
- Yusuf A . Saffu K, "Planning practices, strategy types and firm performance in the Arabian Gulf region", Education, Business and Society: Comtemporary Middle Eastern Issues, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp.203-217, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1108/17537980910981778
- Yong-Sik Kang, "A Study on the influencing factors of smartwork performance", Ph.D's Thesis, Chungbuk University, pp.76-77, 2014.
- Woo-Teak, Kim, "Effects of the Quality of Smart-Work on the Job-Performance in the Public Sector", Ph.D's Thesis, pp.75, Yeungnam University, 2012.
- Min-Woo Lee, "A Study on the Effect of IT Resources on the Firm Performance in the Mobile Smart-Work Environment", Ph.D's Thesis, pp.16-17, Hanyang University, 2015.
- Min-Woo Lee, "A Study on the Effect of IT Resources on the Firm Performance in the Mobile Smart-Work Environment", Ph.D's Thesis, pp.34, Hanyang University, 2015.
- Min Woo, Lee, "A Study on the Effect of IT Resources on the Firm Performance in the Mobile Smart-Work Environment", Ph.D's Thesis, pp.84-85, Hanyang University, 2015.
- S. H. Lee . H. O. Do . G. D. Seo, "A Study on Management Plans for Activating of Smart Work", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp.245-252, 2011.
- M. W. Lee, "Effect of Smart-Work IT Resources on the Work Efficiency and Corporate Performance in Service Industry", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 7, pp.89-97, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.7.89
- H. S. Han . T. E. Moon, "Synergy and contingency fit analysis for digital convergence value attributes" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 11, pp.403-418, 2012.
- Cohen, J, "Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences", 2nd Edition, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1988.
- B. S. Kim . B. S. Kwon . S. E. Woo . J. K. Chun, "The Effect of Collaboration through Mobile Messenger Service on Team Performance in Team Projects" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp.95-103, 2016.
- H. C. Song, "An Analysis on Difference of Convergence e-Business Valuation Factors" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp.135-142, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.135
- S. G. Kim . K. J. Seok, "Convergence of IT and Online Security Trading : The Effects of MTS Service Quality on Customer Satisfaction & Customer Loyalty" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp.137-148, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.9.137
- K. S. Noh . S. H. Ju, "A Study on Policies of the Ordering and Receiving System for Public e-Learning Project in Korea" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp.29-36, 2014.
- Y. H. Kim . K. O. Kim . J. M. Kim.S. J. Kim . K. Y. Jin, "Real-Time Scheduling Method to assign Virtual CPU in the Multocore Mobile Virtualization System" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp.227-235, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.3.227
- L. S. Kim, "Convergence of Information Technology and Corporate Strategy", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 17-26, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.017
- H. H. Park . H. O. Nho . Y. H. Kim, "The Impact of Perceived IT Threat on Convergence Information System Performance", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 65-71, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.3.065