- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Influence of Entrepreneurial Supporting Policy and Entrepreneurship on Entrepreneurial Intention in the fusion of industries -Considering the moderating effect of the business failure burden and self-efficacy-
융복합 산업 분야에서의 창업지원정책 및 기업가 정신이 창업의지에 미치는 영향 -사업실패 부담감과 자기효능감의 조절효과를 고려하여-
- Kwon, Myung-Kyu (Dept. of Fusion Technology, Graduate School of Venture, Hoseo University) ;
- Yang, Hae-Sool (Graduate School of Venture, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2016.03.09
- Accepted : 2016.05.20
- Published : 2016.05.28
The purpose of study was to examine the entrepreneurial supporting policy and the entrepreneurship which can affect the entrepreneurial intention, and to prove the moderating effect of the business failure burden and the self-efficacy on the relationship of the entrepreneurial supporting policy, entrepreneurship and the entrepreneurial intention through the empirical study in the fusion of industries. We used data from 321 survey participants by using structured questionnaires, excluding dishonest respondents, and statistical analysis was conducted using SPSS 18.0 statistic package. We used hierarchical regression technique to prove our hypothesis. The results showed that education and marketing support which are part of the entrepreneurial supporting policy in the fusion of industries will have positive influence on innovativeness, pro-activeness and risk acceptability which are part of entrepreneurship. It has been reported that only funding support has positive influence on entrepreneurship pro-activeness. The results also indicated that the entrepreneurial supporting policy will have positive influence on the entrepreneurial intention, but business failure burden and self-efficacy will have no moderating effect in the relation between the entrepreneurial supporting policy and the entrepreneurship. The theoretical and practical implications of the findings were discussed and the directions for future research were presented.
- Soon-tae Kim, "The Effects of Government Policy and Characteristics of Micro-enterprise on Business Strategy and Performance", Ph.D. dissertation, Chungbuk National University, 2013.
- Francine Lafontaine & Kathryn Show, "Serial Entrepreneurship: Learning by Doing", etranet.isnie.org, 2014.
- Yong-tae Kim, "An empirical study on the affecting factors of social enterprise entrepreneurial performance", Ph.D. dissertation, Chung-Ang University, 2012.
- Timmons, J. A., "New Venture Creation", Burr Ridge, 1994.
- Gartner, W. B. & Vesper, K. H., "Experiments in Entrepreneurship Education : Sucess and Failures.", Journal of Business Venturing, 9, pp. 179-187, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0883-9026(94)90028-0
- Ronstadt, R., The Educated Entrepreneurs : "A New Era of Entrepreneurial Education is Beginning", American Journal of Small Business, Summer, pp.7-23, 1985.
- Kil-seok Han, "The Systematization Plan of Entrepreneurship Education, Korea Association of Business Education", pp. 173-198, 2007.
- Jong-hun Lee, "2015 Guide of Government Supporting Fund", Hangseongb, pp. 14-25, 2015.
- Young-soon Chung, "Determinants of the Financial Outcomes of Micro-enterprises", Social Welfare Policy, Vol. 33, pp. 531-557, 2008.
- Bong-jun Cheon, "The Effect Analysis of Entrepreneurial Supporting Fund from Small and Medium Business Corporation", M.A. dissertation, Seoul National University, 2012.
- Bong-sam Park, "Success factors for establishment stages of small business", M.A. dissertation, Busan University, 2007.
- Miller, D., "The Correlates of Entrepreneurship in Three Types of Firms", Management Science, Vol. 29 No. 7, pp.770-791, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.29.7.770
- Morris, M.H. and P.S. Lewis, "The Determinants of Entrepreneurial Activity : Implications for Marketing", European Journal of Marketing, 29(7), pp. 31-48, 1995 https://doi.org/10.1108/03090569510094991
- Schumpeter, J. A., "The theory of economic development: An inquiry into profits, capital, credit, interest, and the business cycle", Transaction publishers, Vol. 55, 1934.
- P. Drucker, "Innovation and Entrepreneurship Practice and Principle", New York : Harper & Row, p.17l, 1985.
- Chun-huwa Kim, "An empirical study on the influence of store entrepreneur's start up education and experience before start up to performance of stores", M.A. dissertation, Chung-Ang University, 2013.
- Covin. J. G. and Slevin., D. P., "Jugging Entrepreneurial Style and Organizational Structure-How to Get Your Act Together", Sloan Management Review, 31(2), 1990.
- Des, G. G. & T. Lumpkin, "The Role of Entrepreneurial Orientation in Simulating Effective Corporate Entrepreneurship", Academy of Management Executive, Vol. 19 No. 1, pp. 147-156, 2005.
- Blanchflower, G, G., "Self-employment: more may not be better", NBER working paper No. 10286, 2004.
- Baik-jung Yoon, "The Effect of Entrepreneurial spirit and Motivation-driven Entrepreneurship on Establishment of New Business by Under-graduated student", Ph.D. dissertation, Hoseo University, 2011.
- Dae-youl Jun, "A study of the Effect of the Technological Innovation Support System for Venture Business on Entrepreneurship & Technological Innovation", Ph.D. dissertation, Soonsil University, 2011.
- Crant, J. M., "The Proactive Personality Scale as a Predictor of Entrepreneurial Intentions", Journal of Small Business Management, Vol. 34 No. 3, pp. 42-49, 1996.
- Krueger, N. F. & M. D. Reilly & A. L. Carsrud, "Competing Models of Entrepreneurial Intentions", Journal of Business Venturing, Vol. 15 No. 5-6, pp. 411-432, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0883-9026(98)00033-0
- Park Si-Sa; Kang Sung-Il, "Entrepreneurial Intentions and Personal Characteristics of Travel Agency Employees", Journal of Tourism Sciences, Vol. 31 No. 2, pp. 187-204, 2007.
- Kyu-ho Cho, "An Exploratory Study on The Factors Influencing on Social Entrepreneurial Intention", Journal of the Korean Entrepreneurship Society, Vol8 No. 4, 2013.
- Krueger, N., "Growing up entrepreneurial" Proceeding of the Academy of Management, Atlanta, GA, 1993.
- Young-uk Kang, "A Study on Entrepreneurship Intentions of Potential Small Business Entrepreneurs: Focused on Moderating Effects of Small Business Startup and Self-efficacy", Ph.D. dissertation, Hoseo University, 2013.
- Bandura, A., "Social foundations of thought and action" : A social cognitive theory, Englewood Cliffs, NJ : Prentice Hall, pp. 122-125, 1986.
- Su-yeon Hwang, "The Impact of Social Support for Small Businesses on Self-Efficacy : focused on small business in Incheon province", M.A. dissertation, Inha University, 2007.
- Ensley, M.D., J.W. Carland &J.C.Carland, "Investigating the existence of the lead entrepreneur", Journal of Small Business Management, October, pp. 32-45, 2000.
- Jeong-jong Shik, "The Effects of Preparations by Small Business Operators on the Success Possibility of Starting up the Business", M.A. dissertation, Chung-Ang University, 2012.
- Soon-young Lim, "The Predictability of Entrepreneurship Education Improvement by Self-efficacy and Teaching Presence", M.A. dissertation, Ewha Womans University, 2012.
- Redding, S. G., "The Impact of Colonialism on the Formation of an Entrepreneurial Society in Hong Kong", 1993.
- Sang-hun Oh, "A Comparative Study of the Influence of Start-up Environments on Young Adults and Seniors' Entrepreneurial Intention : Focusing the Mediating Role of Entrepreneurship", Ph.D. dissertation, Hoseo University, 2013.
- Chang-Sso Sung, "A Study on the Factors Influencing Senior Entrepreneurship", Ph.D. dissertation, Chung-Ang University, 2011.
- Jin-Hyuk Ryu, Sun-Bae Kim, "Effects of Knowledge-based Service Organization CEO' Transformational Leadership and Learning Organization Building Factors on Innovative Behavior in the Age of Convergence", Journal of digital Convergence , Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 147-161, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.4.147
- Kang-Seok Lee, Hae-Sool Yang, "Effects of Learning Organization Building Activities in Convergence Service Companies on Organization Citizenship Behavior - Considering the Moderating effect of Perceived Organization Support -", Journal of digital Convergence , Vol. 13, No. 11, pp. 71-84, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.71
- Hoon Kim, Kyung-Hye Park, "The impact of collaboration process and capabilities on innovation performance in convergence environment", Journal of digital Convergence , Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 151-158, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.5.151
- Sang-Ho Weon, Hae-Sool Yang, "A Study on the Critical Success Factors and Policy Direction of ICT-based Convergency Company", Journal of digital Convergence , Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 39-50, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.4.39
- Mi-Ja Lee, Hae-Sool Yang, "Study on Influence of Market Merchant College Education in Convergence Era to Educational Performance", Journal of digital Convergence , Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 209-218, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.10.209
- Brandon Walcutt, "A Convergent Study of Motivations, Success Factors and Issues of Foreign Entrepreneurs in South Korea", Journal of digital Convergence , Vol. 13, No. 7, pp. 125-136, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.7.125
- Bong-Gyu Park, "A Convergence Study of Transformational Leadership on Organizational Devotion and Team Performance - Moderating Effects of Authenticity -", Journal of digital Convergence , Vol. 13, No. 7, pp. 117-124, 2015.
- Eun-Young Park, Dong-Gi Kwag, "The Study on the Market Competitiveness Reinforcement for Convergence Industry", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 99-106, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.099
- Hyeon Young Kim, Myung-Seong Yim, "A Study on the Effect of Convergence Career Management Systems on Job Engagement and Career Commitment", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 23-31, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.023
- Min-Seok Song, "Convergence Models of Evaluation Systems for Social Welfare Facilities", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 115-122, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.115