- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A study on relationships between characteristics of smart usage and symptoms of MSDs
스마트폰 사용 특성과 근골격계질환 관련 자각 증상과의 관계에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.10.20
- Accepted : 2016.03.02
- Published : 2016.03.31
This study analyzed symptoms of MSDs(Musculokeletal Disorders) associated with characteristics of smartphone usage based on questionnaire survey. This study also tried to identify their relationship based on the results from questionnaire survey. A total of 943 subjects participated for the survey. The results in terms of symptoms associated with smartphone usage were as follows; 1) 49.8% of respondents experienced symptoms associated with MSDs, 2) 35.9%, 34.0%, 22.1%, 21.7% and 20.9% of respondents had symptoms at shoulder, neck, elbow, wrist, and fingers respectively, 3) The effect of 'daily time of data use', 'monthly costs' for MSDs of respondents was significant. Specifically, this study has some significance since it tries to identify the relationship between MSDs symptoms and characteristics of smartphone usage. The results of the study can be good basis for better design and user guidelines of smartphone to prevent MSDs associated with smartphone usage.
- Hui-Seon Jang, Seon-Sgsu(2014), "이동통신서비스 산업 및 주파수 현황" NIPA, 1662:1-14.
- Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning(2015), "유무선 통신서비스 가입자 통계(2015년 3월)".
- DIGIECO(2014), Trend Spectrum 2015년 모바일 트렌드 전망", DIGIECO Reports Issue&Trend.
- Seon-gil Ryu(2014), "스마트폰 도입 5년, 모바일 라이프 변화", DIGIECO Reports Issue&Trend:2-3
- Dong-Man Lee, Jun-Suk Ha, Geu-Na Kim(2014)," An Empirical Study on Factors Influencing Samrtphone Addiction and Technostress", Korea Internet e-Commerce Association, 14(6):1-25.
- Lee, Y. K., Chang, C. T., Lin, Y., Cheng, Z. H(2014), "The Dark side of Smartphone Us age: Psychological Traits, Compulsive Behavi or and Technostress", Computers in Human Behavior, 31:373-383, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2013.10.047
- Su-Hyun Eom(2013), "A Study on Adults' S mart Phone Addiction and Mental Health", Ph. D, Inha University.
- Yong-Min Park(2011), "A Study on Adults' Smart Phone Addiction and Mental Health", Ph. D, Sangji University.
- Min-Hhye An(2012), "A Study on Motivation s for Smart Phone Use and Use Patterns according to Life Style o fBaby Boom Generation", Ph. D, Ewha Womans University.
- Seung-Hun Lee(2011). "Evaluating the influence of smart phone use on the psycho-physiological condition", Ph. D, Konkuk University.
- Joon-Young Choi(2013). "The Correlation between Adolescent Students' Smart-phones Use and VDT Syndrome's Symptoms", Korea Academy of Health Social Work, 15:97-115.
- Su-Yeong Lee(2004), "A Study on Realities and Countermeasures of Muscuoskeletal Diseases to Farm Worker", Ph. D, Chungju National University.
- Chang-Su Kim(2012), ",A Study on the consumer type for smart phone users to basis of motivations", Ph. D, Incheon National University.
- Korea Internet & Security Agency,(2014), " 2014년 모바일인터넷이용실태조사 요약보고서".
- Bo-Kyoung Kim, Chung-Yill Parkm Hyeon-Woo Yim, Jung-Wan Koo, Kang-Sook Lee(2005), "Selection of a High Risk Group and the Effectiveness of an Exercise Program on Musculoskeletal Symptoms in Small and Medium Sized Enterprises , 대한산업의학회지, 17(1), pp. 10-25, 2005.
- Wijnhoven, H. A., De Vet, H. C., Picavet, H. S. J., Prevalence of musculoskeletal disorders is systematically higher in women than in men. The Clinical journal of pain, 22(8), pp. 717-724, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.ajp.0000210912.95664.53
- Leboeuf-Yde, C., Nielsen, J., Kyvik, K. O., Fejer, R., Hartvigsen, J., Pain in the lumbar, thoracic or cervical regions: do age and gender matter? A population-based study of 34,9 02 Danish twins 20-71 years of age, BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, 10(1), p. 39, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2474-10-39
- Su-Jeong Lim(2015), "An empirical study on quantitative work-relatedness for symptoms of Musculorskeletal Disorders", Ph. D, Inha University.
- Hyoung-Ryoul Kim, Jong Uk Won, Jae-Suk Song, Chi-Nyon Kim, Hyun-Soo Kim, Jaehoon Roh)(2003), "Pain Related Factors in Upper Extremities among Hospital Workers Using Videl Display Terminals", Korean Society of Occupational&Environmental Medicine, 15(2):140-149.
- Gij-Jin Byun, He-Suk Hong, Yun-Gyeong Kim (2011), "Factors Associated with Health Behaviors and Musculoskeletal Disease among Adults", 기초간호자연과학회지, 13(3), pp. 262-268, 2011.
- Ji-In Lee, Ho-Sueb Song(2014), "Original Articles : The Correlation Analysis between Hours of Smartphone Use And Neck Pain in the Gachon University Students", Journal of Korean acupuncture & moxibustion medicine society, 31(2):99-109.