- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Performance Improvement of an Extended Kalman Filter Using Simplified Indirect Inference Method Fuzzy Logic
간편 간접추론 방식의 퍼지논리에 의한 확장 칼만필터의 성능 향상
- Chai, Chang-Hyun (School of Electronic Engineering, KIT)
- 채창현 (금오공과대학교 전자공학부)
- Received : 2016.02.26
- Accepted : 2016.03.29
- Published : 2016.04.30
In order to improve the performance of an extended Kalman filter, a simplified indirect inference method (SIIM) fuzzy logic system (FLS) is proposed. The proposed FLS is composed of two fuzzy input variables, four fuzzy rules and one fuzzy output. Two normalized fuzzy input variables are the variance between the trace of a prior and a posterior covariance matrix, and the residual error of a Kalman algorithm. One fuzzy output variable is the weighting factor to adjust for the Kalman gain. There is no need to decide the number and the membership function of input variables, because we employ the normalized monotone increasing/decreasing function. The single parameter to be determined is the magnitude of a universe of discourse in the output variable. The structure of the proposed FLS is simple and easy to apply to various nonlinear state estimation problems. The simulation results show that the proposed FLS has strong adaptability to estimate the states of the incoming/outgoing moving objects, and outperforms the conventional extended Kalman filter algorithm by providing solutions that are more accurate.
Supported by : 금오공과대학교
- Anderson, B. D. and Moore, J. B., Optimal Filtering, Prentice-Hall Electrical Engineering Series, 1979.
- Lewis, F. L., Optimal Estimation with an Introduction to Stochastic Control Theory, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1986.
- Habibi, S., "The Smooth Variable Structure Filter," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 95, No. 5, pp. 1026-1059, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2007.893255
- Lewis, F. L,, Optimal Estimation with an Introduction to Stochastic Control Theory, John Wiely & Sons, Inc., 1986.
- Abdelnour, G., Chand, S., Chiu, S. and Kido, T., "On-line Detection & Correction of Kalman Filter Divergence by Fuzzy Logic," American Control Conference, No. 30, pp. 1835-1839, 1993.
- Sasiadek, J. Z. and Wang, Q., "Fuzzy Adaptive Kalman Filtering for INS/GPS Data Fusion and Accurate Positioning," Preprints of the 15th IFAC Symposium on Automatic Control in Aerospace, pp. 451-459, 2001.
- Noh, S. Y., Joo Y. H. and Park J. B., "A New Intelligent Tracking Algorithm Using Fuzzy Kalman Filter," Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 593-598, 2005. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2005.15.5.593
- Park, S. Y., Park, J. H., Wang H. Y., No, J. H. and Huh, U. Y., "Localization using Fuzzy-Extended Kalman Filter," The Transactions of The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 63, No. 2, pp. 277-283, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2014.63.2.277
- Liu, M. and Xiong, F., "A Fuzzy Adaptive INS/GPS Integrated Navigation Algorithm," Procedia Engineering, Vol. 15, pp. 660-664, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2011.08.123
- Chai, C. H., "Discrete-Time Sliding Mode Control with SIIM Fuzzy Adaptive Switching Gain," International Journal of Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Systems, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp.47-52, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5391/IJFIS.2012.12.1.47
- Huang, X. P. and Wang Y., The Principle and Application of Kalman Filter with Matlab Simulation, Publishing House of Electronics Industry, China, 2015.
- Kim, S. P., Understanding of Kalman Filter using Matlab, A-Jin Publishing Co. Ltd., 2012.
- A Study on the Integrated Dynamic Control System to Improve the Lateral Dynamics and Ride Comfort of SUV Vehicles vol.17, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2018.17.4.070
- Development of Integrated Dynamics Control System of SUV Vehicle with Front and Rear Steering System vol.17, pp.6, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2018.17.6.031
- A Study on the SIIM Fuzzy Quasi-Sliding Mode Control for the Double Inverted Pendulum on a Cart vol.17, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2018.17.1.116