- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development and Performance Evaluation of a Sealing-Type Abutment Inserted with a Gold Ring
골드링을 이용한 완전 밀폐형 어버트먼트 개발 및 성능평가
- Hong, Dae Sun (School of Mechanical Engineering, Changwon National Univ.) ;
- Jeon, Yong-Jae (School of Mechanical Engineering, Changwon National Univ.) ;
- Lee, Hyeon-Yeol (School of Mechanical Engineering, Changwon National Univ.) ;
- Lee, Seung Young (T-Strong Inc.)
- Received : 2016.02.25
- Accepted : 2016.03.28
- Published : 2016.04.30
When chewing forces are repetitively applied to a dental implant, gaps are often generated at the interface surfaces between the abutment and the fixture, which results in some deterioration, such as loosening of the fastening screw, dental retraction, and fixture fractures. To cope with such problems, a sealing-type abutment having a number of grooves along the conical-surface circumference was previously developed, and it showed better sealing performance than conventional ones. To enhance the sealing performance, a new model in which a gold ring is inserted into the top groove of the sealing-type abutment is developed in this study. In addition, a manufacturing process is developed, and performance evaluations, such as fatigue and sealing tests, are carried out. The evaluation results show that the gold-ring-inserted sealing abutment yields better performance than conventional ones.
Supported by : 창원대학교
- Branemark, P. I., Breine, U., Adell, R., Hansson, B. O., Lindstrom, J. and Olsson, A., "Intraosseous Anchorage of Dental Prostheses. I. Experimental Studies," Scandinavian Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 81-100, 1969. https://doi.org/10.3109/02844316909036699
- Gaviria, L., Salcido, J. P., Guda, T. and Ong, J. L., "Current Trends in Dental Implants," Journal of the Korean Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Vol. 40, No. 2, pp. 50-60, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5125/jkaoms.2014.40.2.50
- Carlson, B. and Carlsson G., "Prosthodontic Complications in Osseointegrated Dental Implant Treatment," International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 90, 1994.
- Siamos, G., Winkler, S. and Boberick, K.G., "The Relationship between Implant Preload and Screw Loosening on Implant- Supported Prostheses," Journal of Oral Implantology, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 67-73, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1563/1548-1336(2002)028<0067:TRBIPA>2.3.CO;2
- Kang, H. J., Kim, D. U., Hwang, S. W. and Hong, D. S., "Development of a New Sealing-Type Abutment for Improving Contact State between The Abutment and The Fixture," International Conference on Systems and Informatics, pp. 1306-1309, 2012.
- Calisti, L. J., "The advantages of gold as a dental restorative material," Dental Society of the State of New York, pp.389-390, 1982.
- TEASUNG S&E, ANSYS Workbench 14.0, TEA SUNG S&E Inc, pp. 207-215, 2012.
- ISO 14801, Dentistry-Implants-Dynamics Fatigue Test for endosseous Dental Implants, ISO, 2007.
- Coelho, P. G., Sudack, P., Suzuki, M., Kurtz, K. S., Romanos, G. E. and Silva, N. R. F. A., "In vitro Evaluation of The Implant Abutment Connection Sealing Capability of Different Implant Systems" Journal of Oral Rehabilitation, Vol. 35, No. 12, pp. 917-924, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2842.2008.01886.x