- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Design of a Cylinder Valve Solenoid for a CNG Vehicle using Electromagnetic Field Analysis
전자기장 해석을 이용한 CNG 차량 용기용 밸브 솔레노이드의 설계
- Lee, Hyo-Ryeol (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National UNIV.) ;
- Ahn, Jung-Hwan (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National UNIV.) ;
- Shin, Jin-Oh (R&D Center,Youngdo Industrial Co. LTD.) ;
- Kim, Hwa-Young (Research Institute of Mechanical Technology, Pusan National UNIV.)
- Received : 2015.12.01
- Accepted : 2016.02.12
- Published : 2016.04.30
Growing concerns regarding environmental pollution have increased the demand for green vehicles. Green vehicles include electric vehicles, compressed natural gas vehicles, fuel cell vehicles, and vehicles running on fuels such as bio diesel or an ethanol blend. CNG vehicles are equipped with a cylinder valve installed in a high-pressure vessel to control the CNG flow. For this purpose, the optimum design of cylinder valve solenoid is necessary to secure at driving a CNG vehicle. In this study, electromagnetic field analysis to ensure the reliable operation of the solenoid was conducted by using a Maxwell V15. The electromagnetic field analysis was performed by magnetostatic technique according to distance between magnetic poles in order to predict the attraction force. Finally, the attraction force was validated through comparison between the Maxwell results and the measurement results. From the results, the error of attraction force was found to be 2.85 N to 6.5 N under the testing conditions.
CNG Vehicle;Pressure Vessel;Cylinder Valve;Solenoid;Electro Magnetic Field Analysis
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Yeo, K. M., Park, K. T., Park, T. J., Chung, H. T. and Kang, B. R., "Icing Analysis of Fuel Supply Line Components for CNG Vehicle," Proceedings of the KSME 2006 Spring Annual Meeting, pp. 197-202, 2006.
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, Regulation No. 110 Rev. 2, CNG Equipment - Part 1: Approval of specific components of motor vehicles using compressed natural gas (CNG) in their propulsion system, Part 2: Vehicles with regard to the installation of specific components of an approved type for the use of compressed natural gas (CNG) in their propulsion system, pp. 1-149, 2009.
- Sung, B. J., Lee, E. W. and Kim, H. E., "Empirical Design of an On and Off Type Solenoid Actuator For Valve Operation," KIEE International Transactions on Electrical Machinery and Energy Conversion Systems, Vol. 4, pp. 39-46, 2004.
- Fitzgerald, A. E., Kingsley, C. Jr. and Umans, S. D., Electric Machinery 6th ed, McGraw-Hill, pp. 258-265, 2003.
- Jang, J. H., Kim, J. H. and Lee, S. J., "Parameter Study on the Design of Solenoid to Enhance the Velocity of Coilgun," Journal of the Korean Magnetics Society, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 87-91, 2015. https://doi.org/10.4283/JKMS.2015.25.3.087