- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study of Performance Properties and Steam Condensate Capacity by Orifice Diameters of Free Float Steam Trap Valve
프리 플로우트 스팀트랩 밸브의 오리피스 지름 변화에 따른 작동 원리 및 응축수 배출량에 관한 연구
- Choi, In-Kyou (School of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A UNIV.) ;
- Kang, Jung-Ho (School of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A UNIV.)
- Received : 2015.12.16
- Accepted : 2016.01.14
- Published : 2016.04.30
In the steam system, a stream trap valve discharges a condensate and a non-condensable gas. It also prevents stream from being leaked. The free float stream trap valve is a mechanical type of stream trap. The valve is opened when a hallow ball is floated due to the density of the condensate through the condensate flows into the valve. On the other hand, when the flow of the condensate is completed, the valve is closed as the float subsides due to the weight of the structure and the stream is blocked. In addition, the bimetal lifts the hallow ball, which discharges the non-condensable gas. In this study, the performance of the properties of the free float stream trap valve, the method of support for three points, and the orifice design are researched. Moreover, the condensate discharge capacity of the free float stream trap valve is calculated from the experiment.
Supported by : 고기능성밸브기술지원센터
- Kim, D. H., Kim, D. H., Ryu, G. J., Kim, S. H., Song, J. K. and Seo, J. K., "Thermal Strucural Analysis of Bimetallic Steam Trap System," Proceeding of the SAREK Summer Conference, pp. 952-955, 2011.
- Ahlgren, R., "What they are, what they do : A steam trap primer", ASHRAE Journal, Vol. 43, No. 12, pp. 36, 2001
- Chikezie, N., "Engergy conservation: Successful management of steam traps", Filtration and Separation, Vol. 45, No. 7, pp. 27-29, 2008 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0015-1882(08)70259-3
- Spirax Sarco, Steam Engineers Data Book, pp. 157-205, 2014.
- "Free Float Steam Trap SS Series," (2015) http://www.tlv.com/global/TI/product-operation/freefloat-steam-trap-ss.html (accessed 15, Nov., 2015)
- Choi, I. K., Yeo, D. H., Park, D. K., Lee, K. D., Lim, J. Y., Hong, J. W., Byon, S. M. and Kang, J. H., "Numerical Study of Performance Properties and Steam Condensate Capacity by Orifice Diameters of Free Float Steam Trap Valve", Proceedings of KSMPE Autumn Conference, pp. 62, 2015.
- McCauley, J. F., The Steam Trap Handbook, The Fairmont Press, Inc., pp. 42-46, 1995.
- Song, K. N., Hong, S. D. and Ro, D. S., "Measurement of Weld Mechanical Properties of SUS316L Plate Using an Instrumented Indentation Technique", Journal of the Korean Welding and Joining Society, Vol. 131, No. 2, pp. 37-42, 2013.
- ISO 7842, Methods for determination of discharge capacity of automatic steam traps, 1988.
- Valve Seat Design for Full Contact Effect Using Grey Relational Analysis vol.17, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2018.17.4.017