- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Improvement of the Performance of the Supersonic Abrasive Blasting Nozzle
초음속 연마가공 노즐의 성능개선에 관한 연구
- Kwak, Ji-Young (Graduate School, Dept. of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, KAU UNIV.) ;
- Jeon, Ik-Jun (School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, KAU UNIV.) ;
- Park, Se-Eun (School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, KAU UNIV.) ;
- Lee, Yeol (School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, KAU UNIV.)
- 곽지영 (한국항공대학교 대학원 항공우주 및 기계공학과) ;
- 전익준 (한국항공대학교 항공우주 및 기계공학부) ;
- 박세은 (한국항공대학교 항공우주 및 기계공학부) ;
- 이열 (한국항공대학교 항공우주 및 기계공학부)
- Received : 2015.09.16
- Accepted : 2015.12.16
- Published : 2016.04.30
The dynamics of gas-particle flow from a supersonic abrasive blasting nozzle have been studied by 1-D analytical calculation, including wall friction effects inside the nozzle. The developed code in the present study shows a satisfactory agreement with the other study's results. By utilizing the code, the redesign and optimization of the inner contour of a commercial abrasive blasting nozzle were carried out, and it was found that the redesigned nozzle in the present study can produce faster particle velocities at the nozzle exit by up to 22% compared with the original commercial nozzle.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Settles, G. S. and Garg, S., "A Scientific View of the Productivity of Abrasive Blasting Nozzles," Jorunal of Thermal Spray Technology, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 35-41, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02647515
- Jodoin, B., "Cold Spray Nozzle Mach Number Limitation," Journal of Thermal Spray Technology, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 496-507, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1361/105996302770348628
- Li, W. Y. and Li, C. J., "Optimal design of a Novel Cold Spray Gun Nozzle at a Limited Space," Journal of Thermal Spray Technology, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 391-396, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1361/105996305X59404
- Bae, H. J., Baek, J. J., Lee, C. S., Shin, C. S., Lee, B. H., Shin, S. R., Baek, K. K. and Kim, K. S., "Improving Blasting Productivity by Optimizing Operation Parameters," Journal of Protective Coating and Linings, Vol. 24, No. 11, 2007.
- Lee, M. W., Yoon, S. G., and Kim, H. Y., "Numerical study on characteristics of particle velocity with various particle size in the supersonic flow," Proceedings of KSME 2009 Fall Annual Meeting, 2009.
- Kwon, E. H., Cho, S. H., Han, J. W., Lee, C. H., and Kim, H. J., "Particle Behavior in Supersonic Flow during the Cold Spray Process," Metals and Materials International, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 377-381, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03027508
- Settles, G. S., "Abrasive Blast Cleaning Nozzle," US Patent-5,975,996, 1999.
- Settles, G. S. and Geppert, S. T., "Redesigning Blasting Nozzles to Improve Productivity," J. of Protective Coatings and Linings, Vol. 13, pp. 64-72, 1996.
- John, J. E., and Keith, T. G., Gas Dynamics, 3rd ed., Prentice Hall, pp. 311, 2006.
- Morsi, S. and Alexander, A. J., "An Investigation of Particle Trajectories in Two Phase Flow Systems," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 55, No.2, pp. 193-208, 1972. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112072001806
- Jeon, I. J., Park, S. E., Lee, Y., "Study on the Behavior of Particles in the Abrasive Blasting Nozzle," Fall Conference of Korean Society of Propulsion Engineers, 2015.
- Chin, J. S. and Lefebvre, A. H., "A Design Procedure for Effervescent Atomizers." ASME 1993 International Gas Turbine and Aeroengine Congress and Exposition, pp. V03BT16A093 - V03BT16A093, 1993.
- Momber, A., Blast Cleaning Technology, Springer, pp.75, 2008.
- Alignment Measuring Apparatus for B-axis of Separated Multi-axis Machine vol.17, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2018.17.4.047
- Flow Characteristics of Double-Venturi Abrasive Blasting Nozzle vol.17, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2018.17.2.008
- A Study on Structural Improvement of the Swashplate Axial Piston Pump Valve Block (1) vol.17, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2018.17.1.069
- A Study on Structural Improvement of the Swashplate Axial Piston Pump Valve Block (2) vol.17, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2018.17.1.076