- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Fabrication of 3D-Printed Circuit Device using Direct-Write Technology
Direct Write 기술을 이용한 3DCD의 제작
- Yun, Hae Young (Department of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Andong National Univ.) ;
- Kim, Ho Chan (Department of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Andong National Univ.) ;
- Lee, In Hwan (School of Mechanical Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2015.06.03
- Accepted : 2015.08.18
- Published : 2016.04.30
Generally, electrical circuits are fabricated as Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) and mounted on the casing of the product. Additionally, this requires many other parts and some labor for assembly. Recently, molding technology has increasingly been applied to embed simple circuits in plastic casing. The technology is called a Molded Interconnected Device (MID). By using this technology, PCB fabrication can be replaced by molding, and much of the corresponding assembly process for PCBs can be eliminated if the circuit is simple enough for molding. Furthermore, as the improvement of conductive materials and printing technologies of simple electric circuits can be printed directly on the casing part, this also reduces the complexity of the product design and production cost. Therefore, this paper introduces a new MID fabrication process using direct 3D printing technology. Additionally, it is applied to an automotive part of a cruise control switch. The methodology and design are shown.
Grant : 선택적 3차원 회로 도금과 첨가가공을 이용한 3D AMID 기술의 개발
- J. Hast, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, http://www.ee.oulu.fi/research/opintotoimisto/WikinLiitetiedostot/Liitetiedostot/PrintEl2012.pdf (accessed 1 Oct., 2015)
- Yang. Y. S., You. I. K., Yun. H. K., Hong. S. H., Park. J. H., Jang. M. K. and Lee. J. H., "Technology Trend of Printed Electronics," Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 1-11, 2013.
- LPKF Laser & Electronics AG, http://www.lpkf.com
- Paik. B. M., Lee. J. H., Shin. D. S. and Lee. K. S., "Development of Three Dimensions Laser Direct Patterning System," Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 116-122. 2012. https://doi.org/10.7735/ksmte.2012.21.1.116
- Kim. J. H., Lee. C. Y. and Kim. J. R., "Technical Trends of Direct Printing Electronics," Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 17, pp. 77-87. 2008.
- Vignesh, R., Suganthan, R. and Prakasan, K., "Development of CAD Models from Sketches: a Case Study for Automotive Applications," Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, Vol. 221, pp. 41-47, 2007.
- Kim. N. S., Han. K. N. and Church. K. H., "Direct Writing Technology for 21st Century Industries -Focus on Micro-Dispensing Depostion Write Technology," Proceeding of the Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers Spring Conference, pp. 511-515, 2007.
- Rao, R. B., Krafcik, K. L., Morales, A. M. and Lewis, J. A.. "Micro fabricated Deposition Nozzles for Direct-Write Assembly of Three-Dimensional Periodic Structures," Advanced Materials, Vol. 17 No. 3, pp. 289-293. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.200400514