- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Amount of Spatter in Arc Welding for High-Strength Galvanized Steel According to Shielding Gas Composition
고강도 아연도금 강판의 아크 용접시 보호가스의 비율에 따른 스패터량에 대한 고찰
- Jeong, Young-Cheol (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Changwon National University) ;
- Cho, Young-Tae (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Changwon National University) ;
- Jung, Yoon-Gyo (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Changwon National University)
- Received : 2015.10.27
- Accepted : 2015.12.11
- Published : 2016.02.29
The need for high-strength galvanized steel has recently increased because of the increased number of car consumers who want improved efficiency and exterior quality. High-strength galvanized steel with high corrosion resistance improves the durability of products and exterior quality. Furthermore, the gilt of zinc does not come off during machining because of the fine adhesive property of zinc. When these are welded, zinc has a lower melting temperature than iron, so zinc is more quickly vaporized than iron. Vaporized zinc can stick to electrodes, which increases spatter in welding transportation. Created spatter can enter the molten pool and develop into inner defects or blowholes and pits. Scattered spatter sticks to the product, which leads to the secondary cost of spatter removal. Therefore, in this study, comparisons of amounts of spatter generated are conducted according to the composition of shielding gas in the MIG and CMT processes to find optimal welding parameters.
Supported by : 창원대학교
- Park, H. S. and Rhee, S. H., "Analysis of mechanism of plasma and spatter in CO2 laser welding of galvanized steel", Opt. Laser, Technol., Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 119-126, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0030-3992(99)00013-4
- Mei, L., Chen, G., Jin, X., Zhang, Y. and Wu, Q., "Research on laser welding of high-strength galvanized automobile steel sheets," Opt. Laser, Eng., Vol. 47, No. 11, pp. 1117-1124, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlaseng.2009.06.016
- Iqbal, S., Gualini, M. M. S. and Rehman, A. U., "Dual beam method for laser welding of galvanized steel:Experimentation and prospects," Opt. Laser, Eng., Vol. 42, No. 1, pp. 93-98, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlastec.2009.05.009
- Low, D. K. Y., Li, L. and Corfe, A. G., "Effects of assist gas on the physical characteristics of spatter during laser percussion drilling of NIMONIC 263 alloy," Appl. Surf. Scl., Vol. 154-155, No. 1, pp. 689-695, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-4332(99)00427-4
- Kim, Y. S., Ryoo, H. S., Kim, H. J. and, Oh, S. C., "A review of welding current waveform control and mechanical control technique for reduction of spatter in short-circuit transfer", Journal of Welding and Joining, Vol. 25, No. 5, pp. 4-14, 2007. https://doi.org/10.5781/KWJS.2007.25.5.004
- Furukawa, K., "New CMT arc welding process welding of steel to aluminum dissimilar metals and welding of super-thin aluminum sheets:, Welding international, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 440-445, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1533/wint.2006.3598
- Kim, B. H., Kim, W. I., Choi, C. and Park, Y. H., "Study of Weld Part Status Change by CO2 Welding According to the Variation of Gas Composition and Welding Wire on SS400 Material", Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 129-136, 2012.
- Kim, J. S., Kim, B. H., Lee, C. S., Kim, Y. J. and Park, Y. H., "Study on The Status of Welded Parts According to The Types of Shielding Gas in TIG Welding", Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 38-43, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2015.14.2.038
- Kim, J. S., Kim, B. H., Kim, G. T. and Park, Y. H., "A Study on The Variation of Penetration According to the Shielding Gas in A1100 Aluminum Welding", Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 49-54, 2013.