- Volume 37 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
2016 Competency Modeling for Doctor of Korean Medicine & Application Plans
2016 한의사 역량모델 정립 및 활용 방안
- Lim, Cheolil (Department of Education, College of Education, Seoul National University) ;
- Han, HyeongJong (Department of Education, College of Education, Seoul National University) ;
- Hong, Jiseong (Department of Medical History, College of Korean Medicine, Wonkwang University) ;
- Kang, Yeonseok (Department of Medical History, College of Korean Medicine, Wonkwang University)
- Received : 2016.02.22
- Accepted : 2016.03.30
- Published : 2016.03.31
Objectives: The purpose of this study was to develop a competency model for the Korean medicine doctors and find application plans for the future education in Korean medicine. Methods: Based on literature review, we drafted a competency model framework for modeling and defined competencies using generic model overlay method. Also we conducted a FGI with 20 extension specialists in Korean medicine to validate competency model. Results: Findings are 5 domains and 15 competencies. 5 domains have optimal patient care, reasonable communication skill, professionalism enhancement, performing social accountability, and efficient clinical management. 3 competencies are included in 5 domains each. With this model, 4 ways of application plans are shown to apply for the future competency-based education in Korean medicine. Conclusion: Developed 2016 competency model for the Korean medicine doctors can be a first huge step to innovate education in Korean medicine toward competency-based educational system.
- Kim YJ, Lim CI. Competency-Based Medical Education: Possibilities and Limitations Korean medical education review. 2011;13(1):13-23. https://doi.org/10.17496/KMER.2011.13.1.013
- Yoon BY, Choi IS, Kim SJ, Park HJ, Ju HJ, Rhee BD, et al. Recommendations for the Successful Design and Implementation of Competency-Based Medical Education in Korea. 2015;17(3):110-121. https://doi.org/10.17496/kmer.2015.17.3.110
- Ahn DS. Korean Doctor's Role. Journal of Korean Medicine Association. 2014:57(1):3-7. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2014.57.1.3
- Kim NI, Ko SG, Kim JW, Park HJ, Baek YS, Bu YM, et al. A study on Development of Korean Oriental Medical Education in New Paradigm. National Research Foundation of Korea. 2011.
- Shin SW. Development of Standardized Road-Map in Korean Medicine Education & Training. Seoul;Ministry of Knowledge Economy. 2012.
- Lim CI, Kang YS, Kim YJ, Han HJ, Hong JS, Han RE, et al. Development of General Competency Model for the Korean Medicine Doctors. Institute of Korean Medicine Education & Evaluation. 2015(In Press).
- Baek SJ, Song HD. Characteristics of strategic job analysis: comparison with traditional job analysis and competency modeling. 2014;16(2):145-167
- Kim JM, Ju DJ, Lee JH, Kil DH, Ju HM, Lee JE. Developing Competency Model for Rural Extension Workers Using Generic Model Overlay Method. 2007;39(2):115-138.
- Dubois DD. Competency-based performance improvement: A strategy for organizational change. HRD press, Inc.