- Volume 49 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
SHRIMP U-Pb Age of the Early Jurassic Deformed Granites in the Aneui Quadrangle, SW Yeongnam Massif
영남육괴 남서부 안의도폭 지역 초기 쥬라기 변형 화강암류의 SHRIMP U-Pb 연대
- Seo, Jaehyeon (Department of Earth Environmental Sciences, Pukyong National University) ;
- Song, Yong-Sun (Department of Earth Environmental Sciences, Pukyong National University) ;
- Park, Kye-Hun (Department of Earth Environmental Sciences, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2016.03.18
- Accepted : 2016.04.08
- Published : 2016.04.28
SHRIMP U-Pb age determination was carried out for deformed granites in the Aneui quadrangle, SW Yeongnam Massif. Dating of zircons from a highly deformed mylonitic granite with banded structure and a relatively less deformed porphyritic to augenic granites, that were known as Precambrian gneisses, yielded the same age of ca. 195 Ma. On the basis of this result and previous age data, Early to Middle Mesozoic igneous activity around the Aneui area was interpreted as follows; Subduction-related granitic magmatism started with the intrusion of the Hamyang Granite in the middle Triassic (ca. 225-219 Ma) mainly in the west of the area and ended with syenitic intrusion at the end of Triassic period (ca, 220-210 Ma). After a relatively short period of quiescency, granitic magmatism restarted with the intrusion of magma forming deformed granites dated in this study at the Early Jurassic of ca. 195 Ma and continued to ca. 189 Ma and dioritic intrusion was associated around the late stage of granitic magmatism.
Supported by : 부경대학교
- Han, M., Kim, S.-W., Yang, K.-H. and Kim, J.-S. (2010) Age Dating of Granitoid Rocks of Geochang area. Proceedings of the Annual Conference of Geological Society of Korea, p.190.
- Hwang, I.-J. and Park, J-S. (1968) Explanatory Text of the Geological Map of Aneui Sheet (1:50,000). Geological Survey of Korea. 32p.
- Kim, C.-B. and Turek, A. (1996) Advances in U-Pb zircon geochronology of Mesozoic plutonism in the southwestern southwestern part of Ryeongnam massif, Korea: Geochem. J., v.30, p.323-338. https://doi.org/10.2343/geochemj.30.323
- Kim, K.-B. and Chwae, U. (1994) Geological report of the Hamyang sheet (1:50,000). Korea Institute of Energy and Resources, 26p.
- Kim, N.-J. and Kim, J-H. (1970) Explanatory Text of the Geological Map of Geochang Sheet (1:50,000). Geological Survey of Korea. 24p.
- Kim, O.-J. and Park, B.-S. (1980) Study on the Seismo- Tectonic Analysis of the Korean Peninsula. Ministry of Science and Engineering, 159p.
- Kim, O.-J., Hong, M.-S., Park, H.-I., Park, Y.-D., Kim, K.-T. and Yoon, S. (1964) Geological report of the Sancheong sheet (1:50,000). Kyeongsang Nam-Do, 25p.
- Kobayashi, T. (1953) Geology of South Korea with Special Reference to the Limestone Plateau of Kogendo, The Cambro-Ordovician Formations and the Fauna of South Chosen (Korea). Tokyo Univ. Press, 293p.
- Lee, H.-S., Song, Y.-S. and Park, K.-H. (2002) Zircon chemical age of the Precambrian gneisses from Gimcheon area in the central Yeongnam massif, Korea. Journal of the Petrological Society of Korea, v.11, p.157168.
- Lee, H.-S., Song, Y.-S., Cheong, C.-S. and Park, K.-H. (2006) Report on SHRIMP U-Pb zircon ages of Sangju and Gimcheon granites. 61st Annual Meeting of the Geological Society of Korea (Abstract), p.108.
- Lee, H.-S., Song, Y.-S., Park, K.-H. and Cheong, C.-S. (2007) U-Pb zircon age from Late Permian to Early Triassic (240-250 Ma) granite gneiss in central Yeongnam massif. Proceedings of the Annual Joint Conference, Mineralogical Society of Korea and Petrological, p.51-54.
- Ludwig, K.R. (2008) User's manual for Isoplot 3.6: A Geochronological Toolkit for Microsoft Excel. Berkeley Geochronology Center Special Publication, 4, Berkeley, CA. 77p.
- Ludwig, K.R. (2009) SQUID 2.50: A User's manual. Berkeley Geochronology Center Special Publication, 5, Berkeley, CA. 100p.
- Park, K.-H. (2012) Cyclic Igneous Activities During the Late Paleozoic to Early Cenozoic Period Over the Korean Peninsula. Jour. Petrol. Soc. Korea, v.21, p.193-202. https://doi.org/10.7854/JPSK.2012.21.2.193
- Park, K.-H., Kim, D.-Y., Song, Y.-S. and Cheong, C.-S. (2006a) Rb-Sr isotopic composition of Mesozoic Sancheong syenite and its geologic implication. The Journal of the Petrological Society of Korea, v.15, p.1-9.
- Park, K.-H., Kim, M-J., Yang, Y-S. and Cho, K.-O. (2010) Age Distribution of the Jurassic Plutons in Korean Peninsula. Jour. Petrol. Soc. Korea, v.9, p. 269-281.
- Park, K.-H., Lee, H.-S. and Cheong, C.-S. (2005) Sphene U-Pb ages of the granodiorites from Gimcheon, Seongju and Anui areas of the middle Yeongnam Massif. Journal of the Petrological Society of Korea, v.14, p.111.
- Park, K.-H., Lee, H.-S., Song, Y.-S. and Cheong, C.-S. (2006b) Sphene U-Pb ages of the granite-granodiorites from Hamyang, Geochang and Yeongju areas of the Yeongnam Massif. Jour. Petrol. Soc. Korea. v.15, p.39-48.
- Sagong, H., Kwon, S.-T. and Ree, J.-H. (2005) Mesozoic episodic magmatism in South Korea and its tectonic implication. Tectonics, 24, TC5002.
- Seo, J. and Song, Y.-S. (2010) Triassic-Jurasic plutonic activity of the Sancheong- Hapcheon area in the southwestern Yeongnam Massif. Proceedings of the Joint Conference of the Geoscience and Technology of Korea (Autumn), p.198.
- Seo, J., Song, Y.-S., Yoon, R. and Yi, K. (2013) Intrusive ages of the Sancheong syenite intrusion and associated plutonic rocks: implications for tectonic environments. Proceedings of the Annual Joint Conference, the Mineralogical Society of Korea and the Petrological Society of Korea, p.54.
- Song, Y.-S. (1989) Geochemistry of the Precambrian metamorphic rocks from the central Sobaegsan Massif, Korea. Jour. Korean Inst. Mining Geology, v.22, p.293-300.
- Song, Y.-S., Lee, H.-S., Park, K.-H., Fitzsimons, Ian C.W. and Cawood, Peter A. (2015) Recognition of the Phanerozoic ''Young Granite Gneiss'' in the central Yeongnam Massif. Geosciences Journal, v.19, p.1-16. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12303-014-0025-7
- Turek, A. and Kim, C.-B. (1995) U-Pb zircon ages of Mesozoic plutons in the Damyang-Geochang area, Ryeongnam massif, Korea. Geochemical Journal, v.29, p.243-258. https://doi.org/10.2343/geochemj.29.243
- Turek, A. and Kim, C.-B. (1996) U-Pb zircon ages for Precambrian rocks in southwestern Ryeongnam and southwestern Gyeonggi massifs, Korea, Geochemical Jour., v.30, p.231-249. https://doi.org/10.2343/geochemj.30.231
- Yoon, R., Song, Y.-S. and Yi, K. (2014) SHRIMP U-Pb Ages of the Yeongju and Andong Granites, Korea and their Implications. Jour. Petrol. Soc. Korea, v.23, p.209-220. https://doi.org/10.7854/JPSK.2014.23.3.209
- SHRIMP U-Pb Zircon Ages of the Haeinsa Granite from Central Part of the Yeongnam Massif vol.25, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7854/JPSK.2016.25.4.401