- Volume 7 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Development and Validation of a Mobile-based English Speaking Test Convergence Model
모바일 영어말하기평가 융합 시스템 모형 타당도 검사
- Kim, Jungtae (Department of TESOL Business English, Pai Chai University)
- 김정태 (배재대학교 TESOL.비즈니스영어학과)
- Received : 2016.03.30
- Accepted : 2016.04.12
- Published : 2016.04.30
In the study, a convergence model of a mobile-based English speaking test was developed. Based on the needs analysis from Korean college students, a speaking test App for iOS and Android mobile devices was developed and its test validity was examined. To develop the test, test items, scoring features and scales were developed. The result of the needs analysis survey showed that 69 out of 87 (79.3%) owned Android phones whereas only 17 (19.5%) held iPhones. Based on the result, an English speaking test App was developed. The technologies used for the test included HTML5, the Javasciript bridge technology, Node and Express, and Mongo DB. In the experiment, five examinees took the test. The test validity was obtained in that all the functions of the test were successfully operated and some feedback was gathered.
Convergence model;Mobile Devices;Smart Phone Apps;English speaking test;iOS/Android;Validity
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Yun-Young Sok, Seok-Hun Kim, "Development of Integrated Infant Care Management App", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7. No. 1, pp. 31-36, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.031
- Kyoung-Mi Yang, "The Effect of Self-Esteem and Depression on Smartphone Addiction among University Students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 7, pp. 113-123, 2016.
- Su-Young Pi, "Educational Utilization of Smart Devices in the Convergence Education Era", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 29-37, 2015.
- Yong-Hwan Lee, Han-Jin Cho, June-Hwan Lee, "Implementation of Educational Service for Environmental Saver using Smart Device", Journal of digital Convergence , Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 1-8, 2015.
- Jungtae Kim, "The Effectiveness of Test-takers' Participation in Development of an Innovative Web-based Speaking Test for International Teaching Assistants at American Colleges", University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2006.
- Jungtae Kim, "The Computer-delivered ESL Writing Placement Test at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign", University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2002.
- F. Davidson, B. Lynch, "Testcraft: A Teacher's Guide to Writing and Using Language Test Specifications", Yale University Press, 2002.
- C. A. Chapelle, J. Jamieson, V. Hegelheimer, "Validation of a Web-based ESL Test. Language Testing", Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 409-439, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1191/0265532203lt266oa
- L. F. Bachman, A. S. Palmer, "Language test in Practice", Oxford University Press, 1996.
- G. Fulcher, "Interface Design in Computer-based Language Testing. Language Testing", Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 384-408, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1191/0265532203lt265oa
- J. Kim, D. A. Craig, "Validation of a Videoconferenced Speaking Test", Computer Assisted Language Learning, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 257-275, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1080/09588221.2011.649482
- Sung-Uk Yoon, Youn-Suk Kwon, "Relationship between test anxiety and self-esteem in partial health related department convergence College students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 91-98, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.091
- C. A. Daniel, J. Kim, "Anxiety And Performance in Videoconferenced Interviews", Multimedia-Assisted Language Learning, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 9-32, 2010.
- G. Brindley, H. Slatyyer, "Exploring Task Difficulty in ESL Listening Assessment", Language Testing, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 369-394, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1191/0265532202lt236oa
- C. Elder, N. Iwashita, T. McNamara, "Estimating the Difficulty of Oral Proficiency Tasks: What Does the Test-taker Have to Fffer?", Language Testing, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 347-368, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1191/0265532202lt235oa
- G. Fulcher, R. M. Reiter, "Task Difficulty in Speaking Tests", Language Testing, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 321-344, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1191/0265532203lt259oa
- B. Dayley, "Node.js, MongoDB and AngularJS Web Development", Pearson Education, Inc., 2014.
- Tae In Han, "A Study on the Technical Evaluation of the Quality Certification for e-Learning Contents", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 49-66, 2015.
- Hye-Jung Jung, "The Analysis of Data on the basis of Software Test Data", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 1-7, 2015.
- Hyo-Jung Kim, Jong-Youn Rha, "Is Smartphone Smart for Everybody? A Study of Smartphone User Typology", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 37-47, 2015.
- Eui-Ho Kim, Hae-Sool Yang, "The Use of the ARCS Motivation Model in Mobile Learning Apps Design", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 69-79, 2015.