- Volume 25 Issue 4
This study aims to analyze the priority of regional climate change policy utilizing AHP (analytic hierarchy process) at the area of Metropolitan City of Incheon. It derives four factors at first hierarchical level, at which level the analysis of pair-wise comparison indicates that industrial sector, energy sector, climate change response, and green culture policy are considered important in that order. It also ends up with sixteen factors at second level. The result of comparison analysis between all factors reveals that investment promotion in green technology R&D is considered the most significant factor of all, followed by establishment of green enterprise support system, electricity-efficiency enhancement support project and build-up of green culture policy governance. The result implies that diverse promotional policies have to incorporate business, institutional, and cultural aspects for sustainable climate change policy of regions. The contribution of this study is that it highlights the need to include regional characteristics in deciding priority among policy options for them to be effective.
AHP;Climate change;Green industry;Regional policy;City of incheon
- Climate Change Control Planning Group, 2008, Climate change policy comprehensive plan, Korea.
- Incheon, 2010, Inceon climate change policy compre-hensive plan, Korea.
- Incheon, 2013, 2013 Incheon climate change report, Korea.
- Incheon, 2015, Incheon green-climate cluster plan, Korea.
- Jeon, I. G., 2015, The relative importance of wholesale factors in household items by using AHP, Master's Degree, Kyungpook National University, Kyungpook, Korea.
- Joe, G. T., Joe, Y. G., Kang, H. S., 2003, Analytic hierarchy process, 3rd ed., Dong-Hyun Inc., Korea.
- Kang, H. C., 2013, Current status of climate change policy mix and measures for its improvement(I), Korea Environment Institute.
- Kim, C. G., Moon, D. H., 2013, A Study on the decision making for policy instrument of green growth in agriculture and rural community, Rural Economy, 35(5), 45-64.
- Kim, C. S., Park, J. H., Lee, S. H., 2004, An Analysis on characteristic priority of the exportable traditional liquor to Japan using AHP, Korean Journal of Agricultural Management and Policy, 31(2), 180-193.
- Kim, K. S., Kang, S. W., 2008, An Analysis on the factor for the economic cooperation in the Yellow-Sea region using AHP, Research Academy of Distribution Information, 11(4), 133-149.
- Kim, K. S., Oh, S. H., An, D. H., 2013, An Analysis of the value of regional brand index by using AHP, Rural Planning, 19(4), 95-104. https://doi.org/10.7851/ksrp.2013.19.4.095
- Kim, M. C., Moon, S. J., Boo, C. S., 2008, Study on the priority analysis using the AHP in the section of health tourism focused on Jeju area, Tourism Study, 22(4), 281-300.
- Kim, S. W., 2009, Incheon northeast asia environmental capital forwarding basic plan, Incheon Development Institute, Korea.
- Kim, Y. G., 2012, International trends in greenhouse gas reduction policies and their implications, Korea Environment Institute.
- Lee, J. M., 2011, Derivation of HRD policy direction in the field of green technology using AHP methodology, Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 11(6), 350-359.
- Lee, S. Y., 2009, Green growth policy and implication of Japan, KDB Research Institute.
- Moon, J. Y., Lee, S. H., 2014, Recent efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and the implications of major countries, Korea Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Saaty, T. L., 1980, The analytic hierarchy process, McGraw-Hill Book Inc., New York.
- Saaty, T. L., 1987, The analystic hierarchy process-what it is and how it is used, Mathematical Modeling, 9, 3-5.
- The Committee on Green Growth, 2009, Green growth national strategy and a five-year plan, Korea.
- Yu, K. K., 2010, Analysis on priority of success factors in the provincial sports event through AHP method, Korean Journal of Sport Management, 15(1), 91-102.