- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Matching Method of Hull Blocks Based on Point Clouds for Error Prediction
선박 블록 정합을 위한 포인트 클라우드 기반의 오차예측 방법에 대한 연구
Li, Runqi;Lee, Kyung-Ho;Lee, Jung-Min;Nam, Byeong-Wook;Kim, Dae-Seok
- Received : 2015.10.10
- Accepted : 2015.12.19
- Published : 2016.04.29
With the development of fast construction mode in shipbuilding market, the demand on accuracy management of hull is becoming higher and higher in shipbuilding industry. In order to enhance production efficiency and reduce manufacturing cycle time in shipbuilding industry, it is important for shipyards to have the accuracy of ship components evaluated efficiently during the whole manufacturing cycle time. In accurate shipbuilding process, block accuracy is the key part, which has significant meaning in shortening the period of shipbuilding process, decreasing cost and improving the quality of ship. The key of block accuracy control is to create a integrate block accuracy controlling system, which makes great sense in implementing comprehensive accuracy controlling, increasing block accuracy, standardization of proceeding of accuracy controlling, realizing "zero-defect transferring" and advancing non-allowance shipbuilding. Generally, managers of accuracy control measure the vital points at section surface of block by using the heavy total station, which is inconvenient and time-consuming for measurement of vital points. In this paper, a new measurement method based on point clouds technique has been proposed. This method is to measure the 3D coordinates values of vital points at section surface of block by using 3D scanner, and then compare the measured point with design point based on ICP algorithm which has an allowable error check process that makes sure that whether or not the error between design point and measured point is within the margin of error.
hull block;error prediction;accuracy control;point clouds;ICP(iterative closest point)
- Besl, P.J., McKay, N.D. (1992) A Method for Registration of 3-D Shapes, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis & Machine Intelligence, 14, pp. 239-256. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.121791
- Byun, S.H., Chang, M.H. (2014) Registration of Point Cloud Data Using Relative Depth Images, Soc. CAD/CAM Eng., pp.680-683.
- Hur, S., Lee, S.C., Seo, Y.H., Kim, T.W. (2007) Registration Using Constrained PDM and TDM in ICP Algorithm and Minimizing Sliding Errors, Soc. CAD/CAM Eng., pp.260-265.
- Lee, J.H., Yoon, J.S., Ryu, C.H., Lee, H.B. (2009) Application of ICP Algorithm for Optimized Registration of Object Surface and Unfolding Surface in Ship-Hull Plate Forming, Soc. CAD/CAM Eng., 14, pp.129-136.
- Lee, J.M., Lee, K.H., Kim, D.S., Li, R.Q. (2014) Point Cloud Data based Augmented Reality for Rapid Discrepancy Check, Soc. CAD/CAM Eng., pp.225-228.
- Li, S.F., Wang, P., Shen, Z.K. (2009) A Survey of Iterative Closest Algorithm, Signal Processing, 25, pp.1582-1588.
- Li, R.Q. (2016) A Study on Smart Accuracy Management System of Ship Blocks Based on Point Clouds for Assembly Error Prediction in Shipyard, Master Dissertation, Inha University.
- Seo, J.H., Lee, D.H., Kim, Y.J., Park, S.H. (2012) Markerless Patient-image Registration for ICH Surgery Using Weighted ICP, Soc. CAD/CAM Eng., 17, pp.507-511.
- Visualization Toolkit, http://www.vtk.org
- Point Cloud Library, http://www.pointclouds.org
- Fabrication Assessment Method for Dimensional Quality Management of Curved Plates in Shipbuilding and Offshore Structures vol.32, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.26748/KSOE.2018.4.32.2.106
Grant : 제조혁신 전문인력양성
Supported by : 인하대학교 산학협력단