- Volume 11 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Operation Conditions of Domestic Railway Wireless Communication Network and Those Technical Trends
철도 무선통신 기술동향 및 국내 운용현황
- Kim, Bum-Gon (Dept. of Technology Research, KORAIL Research Institute, KOREA RAILROAD Corp.)
- 김범곤 (한국철도공사)
- Received : 2016.03.23
- Accepted : 2016.04.24
- Published : 2016.04.28
As well as to operate a high-speed rail, our country with capability to produce high-speed train has developed a number of techniques, such as for a riding comfort improvement, automatic diagnosis for major electrical or mechanical parts, on board measurement for catenary systems and noise reduction of running rolling-stocks are still under development. In this paper, we describe the current status of operation technologies not only traditional railway wireless communication systems but also Long Term Evolution systems which would be deployed as soon as possible, like as in Europe, China and the United States. In addition, we produced the domestic wireless communication networks for railway which KORAIL Corp. has been operating and the schemes and the plans of HSR field test for the fourth generation mobile communication which should be enforced by national research and development.
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- B. Kim, J. Choi, Y. Shin, and J. Park, "Technical Requirements for Wireless Comm. Exclusive Use of HSR," Korean Society for Railway Conf. Yeosu, S. Korea, Nov. 2015, pp.271-275.
- B. Kim, J. Choi, C. Cho, and J. Park, "Comm. Based Train Control Sys. Based on Integration Wireless Networks for Railways," Korean Institute of Communication & Sciences, Conf. Jeju, S. Korea, Jun. 2014.
- TTA Standard, "TTAK.KO-06.0407, LTE based Railway Comm. System Requirements," Telecommunication Technology Association, S. Korea, Dec. 2015.
- Alain Bertout, "Next Generation of Railways & Metros Wireless Comm. System", Institution of Railway Signal Engineers Aspect, Sept. 2012
- Huawei Tech. Co. Ltd., "Huawei Future-Oriented LTE for Rail Solution," International. Trade Fair for Transport Tech. Innotrans, Berlin, Sept. 2012.
- ETSI Technical Specification 13.300, "LTE: Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access(E-UTRA) & E-UTRA Network(E-UTRAN); Overall Description," Jan. 2016.
- Electronic Comm. Committee(ECC) European Conf. of Postal and Telecom. Admin.(CEPT) Technical Report 162, "Practical Mechanism to Improve the Compatibility," May, 2011, pp.7-10.
- W. Cho, "Integration Scheme of Wireless Comm. in Railway Wireless Network," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 10. no. 6, 2015, pp. 659-664. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2015.10.6.659
- B. Kim, "The analysis of the relationship btw. the throughput & the wireless ch. conditions of a LTE mobile comm. sys.," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 10. no. 2, 2016, pp.219-226. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2015.10.2.219
- Technical Report, "Electrical Technical Infrastructure(2016)", KORAIL Electrical Tech. Division, no. 23, Jan. 2016, pp.185-191.
- S. Kim, "Limit Analysis of the Distance btw. DU and RU in 4G FDD Mobile Comm. Sys.," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 7. no. 1, 2012, pp.135-139. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2012.7.1.135