- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Development of Serious Game to Improve Cognitive Ability for Children with Borderline Intelligence
경계선 지능 아동을 위한 인지능력 향상 기능성 게임 개발
- Hong, Inseok (Dept. of Human ICT Convergence, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Choi, Youngmee (Div. of Media Software, Sungkyul University) ;
- Yoon, Taebok (Dept. of Computer Software, Seoil University)
- Received : 2016.02.07
- Accepted : 2016.04.03
- Published : 2016.04.20
Recently, the number of children who are required to take special care are increasing because of the fast-changing society and the environment factor. Among them, most children in poor family are leading to Children with borderline intelligence, so urgent action are needed to prevent this situation. This study is conducted to establish the reason why children with borderline intelligence are taking place. In addition, this study embodies serious game as a solution which is able to prevent and cure this children with borderline intelligence problem. This game was made to improve weak memory, concentration and judgment of children with borderline intelligence and was verified in effectiveness by thirty people and experts.
- Mee-Sook Kim, "Comparison between OECD contries's standard of child welfare", Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, Vol. 2011, No. 6, 2011.
- Reality of children in childcare facilities (2013), http://www.ibabynews.com/News/NewsView.aspx?CategoryCode=0010&NewsCode=201308160316075000005810#z, (accessed September, 15, 2015).
- Heejung Jung "The Characteristics of Borderline Intellectual Functioning Children", Korean Journal of Special Education, Vol. 42, No. 4, pp.43-66, 2008.
- Guenha Kim "Grade level Differences in Academic Achievements of Elementary Students with Borderline Intellectual Functioning", The Korean Society of Special Education, Vol. 2007, No. 2, pp.73-97 2007.
- G. Lokanadha Reddy, R. Ramar and A. Kusuma, "Slow Learners:Their Psychology and Instruction", Hakjisa Publisher, pp.15-92, 2013.
- K. Curtis, J. P. Shaver "Slow learners an d the study of contemporary problems", Social Education, Vol.44, pp. 302-338, 1982.
- Eun-Suk Eun, "Logical Structure of Concrete Operation stage in J. Piaget and Its Epistemology", The New Korean Philosophical Association, Vol. 66, No. 4, pp.13-14, 2011.
- Heuel, Eberhard "the method increasing concentration by ten times", Bookfolio Publisher, pp.55-60, 2006.
- Seungju Cho, Hyungsup Yoon, "A Study on the Improvement of Concentration through Serious Games", Journal of Korea Game Society, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp.27-36, 2011.
- Seon-Jeong Yoon, Mi-Young Ryu, "Psycho-therapeutic Elements in Serious Game for Therapy", Journal of Korea Game Society, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp.31-41, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7583/JKGS.2012.12.2.031
- Hyeon-gyun Sin, "Growing Concentration", Hakjisa Publisher, pp.56-131, 2002.