- Volume 27 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Preparation of Spherical Energetic Composites by Crystallization/Agglomeration and their Thermal Decomposition Characteristics
결정화/응집 기법에 의한 구형 에너지 복합체 제조 및 그 열분해 특성
- Lee, Eun-Ae (Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Sogang University) ;
- Shim, Hong-Min (Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Sogang University) ;
- Kim, Jae-Kyeong (Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Sogang University) ;
- Kim, Hyoun-Soo (Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Koo, Kee-Kahb (Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Sogang University)
- 이은애 (서강대학교 화공생명공학과) ;
- 심홍민 (서강대학교 화공생명공학과) ;
- 김재경 (서강대학교 화공생명공학과) ;
- 김현수 (국방과학연구소) ;
- 구기갑 (서강대학교 화공생명공학과)
- Received : 2015.12.07
- Accepted : 2016.01.13
- Published : 2016.04.10
Spherical DADNE/AP (1,1-diamino-2,2-dinitroethylen/ammonium perchlorate) energetic composites were produced by drowning-out/agglomeration (D/A). The agglomeration of DADNE with AP particles was found to be affected by the amount of the bridging liquid, stirring velocity and residence time. The composites appeared to grow dramatically with the amount of bridging liquid which triggers agglomeration. As the stirring velocity and the residence time increased, the size of composites increased and then tended to decrease. Thermal gravimetric analysis showed that the addition of DADNE activates the low temperature decomposition (LTD) of AP. For the neat AP, the only about 30 wt% of AP was found to decompose at the LTD. On the other hand, it was found that 70 wt% of AP decomposed when DADNE was added by physical mixing and 90 wt% of AP decomposed when the DADNE/AP composites were prepared by the D/A method.
Supported by : 차세대 융복합 에너지물질 특화 연구센터
- A. Davenas, Solid Rocket Propulsion Technology, Pergamon Press Inc. NY, USA (1993).
- Z. Zhou, S. Tian, D. Zeng, G. Tang, and C. Xie, MOX (M=Zn,Co,Fe)/AP shell-core nanocomposites for self-catalytical decomposition of ammonium perchlorate, J. Alloy. Compd., 513, 213-219 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2011.10.021
- C. Wu, K. Sullivan, S. Chowdhury, G. Jian, L. Zhou, and M. R. Zachariah, Encapsulation of perchlorate salts within metal oxides for application as nanoenergetic oxidizers, Adv. Funct. Mater., 22, 78-85 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1002/adfm.201100479
E. Alizadeh-Gheshlaghi, B. Shaabani, A. Khodayari, Y. Azizian-Kalandaragh, and R. Rahimi, Investigation of the catalytic activity of nano-sized CuO,
$Co_3O_4$and $CuCo_2O_4$powders on thermal decomposition of ammonium perchlorate, Powder Technol., 217, 330-339 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.powtec.2011.10.045
- R. Dubey, P. Srivastava, I. P. S. Kapoor, and G. Singh, Synthesis, characterization and catalytic behavior of Cu nanoparticles on the thermal decomposition of AP, HMX, NTO and composite solid propellants, Part 83, Thermochim. Acta, 549, 102-109 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tca.2012.09.016
- F.-Q. Zhao, P. Chen, and S.-W. Li, Effect of ballistic modifiers on thermal decomposition characteristics of RDX/AP/HTPB propellant, Thermochim. Acta, 416, 75-78 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tca.2003.11.034
- B. Florczak, A Comparision of Properties of Aluminized composite propellants containing HMX and FOX-7, Cent. Eur. J. Energ. Mat., 5, 103-111 (2008).
- H. Bergman, H. Osmark, M-L. Pettersson, U. Bemm, and M. Hihkio, Some Initial Properties and Thermal Stability of FOX-7, IM & EM Technology Symposium, 346 (1999).
- B. Florczak, Investigation of an Aluminized Binder/AP Composite Propellant Containing FOX-7, Cent. Eur. J. Energy Mater., 5, 65-75 (2008).
- S. Karlsson, H. Ostmark, C. Eldsater, T. Carlsson, H. Bergman, S. Wallin, and A. Pettersson, Detonation and sensitivity properties of FOX-7 and formulations containing FOX-7, Proceedings of the 12th Detonation Symposium. August 11-16, San Diego, California (2002).
- N. Latypov, J. Bergman, A. Langlet, U. Wellmar, and U. Bemm, Synthesis and reactions of 1,1-diamino-2,2-dinitroethylene, Tetrahedron, 54, 11525-11536 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0040-4020(98)00673-5
- B. Janzon, H. Bergman, C. Eldsater, C. Lamnevik, and H. Ostmark, FOX-7-a novel, high performance, low vulnerability high explosive for warhead applications, Proceeding of 20th International Symposium on Ballistic, September 23-27, Orlando, Florida (2002).
- S. Bhadra, M. Kumar, S. Jain, S. Agrawal, and G. P. Agrawal, spherical crystallization of mefenamic acid, Pharm. Technol., 28, 66-77 (2004).
- S. K. Pagire, S. A. Korde, B. R. Whiteside, J. Kendrick, and A. Paradkar, Spherical crystallization of carbamazepine/saccharin co-crystals: Selective agglomeration and purification through surface interactions, Cryst. Growth Des., 13, 4162-4167 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1021/cg400804x
- A. Khawam and D. R. Flanagan, Solid-state kinetic models: Basics and mathematical fundamentals, J. Phys. Chem. B, 110, 17315-17328 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1021/jp062746a
- H. L. Friedman, Kinetics of thermal degradation of char-foaming plasctics from thermo-gravimetry-application to a phenolic resin, Polym. Sci., 6C, 183-195 (1963).
- T. Ozawa, A new method of analyzing thermogravimetric data, Bull. Chem. Soc., 38, 1881 (1965). https://doi.org/10.1246/bcsj.38.1881
- A. W. Coats and J. P. Redfern, Kinetic parameters from thermogravimetric data, Nature, 201, 68 (1964). https://doi.org/10.1038/201068a0
- S. Vyazovkin and C. A. Wight, Kinetics of Thermal Decomposition of Cubic Ammonium Perchlorate, Chem. Mater., 11, 3386-3393 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1021/cm9904382
- V. V. Boldyrev, Thermal decomposition of ammonium perchlorate, Thermochim. Acta, 443, 1-36 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tca.2005.11.038
- A. V. Raevsky and G. B. Manelis, On the mechanism of decomposition of ammonium perchlorate, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 151, 886-889 (1963).
Z. Yu, L. Chen, L. Lu, X. Yang, and X. Wang, DSC/TG-MS study on in situ catalytic thermal decomposition of ammonium perchlorate over
$CoC_2O_4$, Chin. J. Catal., 30, 19-23 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1872-2067(08)60087-X
- A. K. Galwey and M. E. Brown, Application of the Arrhenius equation to solid state kinetics: Can this be justified?, Thermochim. Acta, 386, 91-98 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0040-6031(01)00769-9
- T. Niioka, T. Mitani, H. Miyajima, N. Saito, T. Sohue, K. Ninomiyya, and I. Aoki, The fundamental study of HMX composite propellant and its practical application, National Aerospace Laboratory Report TR-875, Japan (1985).
- A, Zenin, HMX and RDX: Combustion mechanism and influence on modern double-base propellant combustion, J. Propul. Power, 11, 752-758 (1995). https://doi.org/10.2514/3.23900