- Volume 17 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the effect of Shared Leadership on the Organizational Well-being
공유리더십이 조직웰빙에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Jin-Wook (Homeplus HRD) ;
- Chang, Young-Chul (Department of Business Administration, Kyunghee University) ;
- Kim, Young-Hunl (Department of Business Administration, Kyunghee University)
- Received : 2015.12.15
- Accepted : 2016.03.03
- Published : 2016.03.31
The study showed that directional Shared Leadership and transformational Shared Leadership positively influences the relationship between Shared Leadership and interpersonal relationships in the view of organizational wellbeing. In addition, in the relationship between Shared Leadership and rewarding job experience of organizational wellbeing, three leadership types excluding directional Shared Leadership had positive effects. In addition, transformational Shared Leadership and empowering Shared Leadership had a positive impact on the relationship between Shared Leadership and organizational mood of organizational wellbeing. In the relationship between Shared Leadership and a sense of fulfillment in the view of organizational wellbeing, transformational Shared Leadership only had a positive effect. As is the case with the sense of fulfillment, the transformational Shared Leadership, of and itself, positively influenced the relationship between Shared Leadership and leisure of life of organizational wellbeing. A analysis of the study showed that transformational Shared Leadership has an impact on both organizational wellbeing and personal wellbeing. Transformational Shared Leadership helps set up mutual vision or strategies, or to challenge each other to enhance existing processes and procedures. On the other hand, directional Shared Leadership influences the interpersonal relations only, whereas transactional Shared Leadership impacts rewarding job experience only. Presenting clearer ideas on what to do to each other and sharing the reward for performance implies that the members of an organization can feel much more rewarded through job engagement.
- Bowers, D. G., & Seashore, S. E, "Predicting Organizational Effectiveness with a Four-Factor Theory of Leadership," Administrative Science Quarterly, No. 11, pp. 238-263, 1966. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/2391247 https://doi.org/10.2307/2391247
- Carsten Sorensen & Gillian Pillans, "The future of work". crf Research, pp. 8-10, 2013.
- Cartwright, S., & Cooper, C. L, The Oxford Handbook of Organizational Well-Being, pp. 340-355, Oxford University Press, 2009.
- Cohen, S. G., & D. E. Bailey, "What makes teams work: Group effectiveness research from the shop floor to the executive suite," Journal of Management, No. 23, pp. 239-290, 1997. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/014920639702300303
- Churchill, L. R, "The Teaching of Ethics and Moral Values in Teaching: Some Contemporary Confusions," Journal of Higher Education Vol. 53, No. 3, pp. 296-306, 1982. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/1981749 https://doi.org/10.2307/1981749
- Day, A., & Carroll, S, "Using an ability-based measure of emotional intelligence to predict individual performance, group performance, and group citizenship behaviors," Personality and Individual Differences, No. 36, pp. 1443-1458, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0191-8869(03)00240-X https://doi.org/10.1016/S0191-8869(03)00240-X
- Diener, E., Suh, E. M., Lucas, R. E., & Smith, H. L, “Subjective Well-being: Three decades of progress,” Psychological Bulletin, Vol. 125, No. 2, pp. 276-302, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.125.2.276
- Ensley, M. D., Hmieleski, K. M., & Pearce, C. L, "The importance of vertical and shared leadership within new venture top management teams: Implications for the performance of startups," The Leadership Quarterly, No. 17, pp. 217-231, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.leaqua.2006.02.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.leaqua.2006.02.002
- Galinha, I. C. C. & Pais-Ribeiro, J. L, “The structure and stability of subjective well-being: A structure equation modelling analysis,” Applied Research in Quality of Life, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 293-314, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11482-009-9063-0 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11482-009-9063-0
- Gore, J. S. & S, E. Cross, “Relational Self-Construal Moderates the Link between Goal Coherence and Well-being,” Self and Identity, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 41-61, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/15298860802605861 https://doi.org/10.1080/15298860802605861
- Grant, S., Langan-Fox, J. & Anglim, J, “The big five traits as predictors of subjective and psychological well-being,” Psychological Reports, Vol. 105, No. 1, pp. 205-231, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2466/PR0.105.1.205-231 https://doi.org/10.2466/PR0.105.1.205-231
- Haeryong Kim, “The Effects of Corporate Image on Employees' Identification and Affective Well-being,” The Korean Academic Association of Business Administration, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 981-1008, 2009.
- Heskett, J. L., Jones, T. O., Lloveman, G. W., Sasser JR, W. E., & Schlesinger, L. A, "Putting the Service-Profit Chain to Work," Harvard Business Review, No. 72, pp. 164-170, 1994.
- Jae-Kyo Seo․Ah-Jeong Hong, “The Effect of Shared Leadership on Innovative Work Behavior and the Mediating Effect of Job Embeddedness and Informal Learning,” The Korean Academic Association of Business Administration, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 913-929, 2015.
- JeongHwa Park․Seongmo Yoo, "The influence of Soldier's personal trait, Self-Leadership, Positive Capital, Authentic Leadership, Psychological Well-being, and Emotional Well-being on Organizational Well-being," Journal of Brain Education, No. 11, pp. 21-46, 2013.
- Jinwook Kim, "A Study on the effect of Shared Leadership on the Job Attitue of Employees-Self-efficacy as a Moderating variable," pp. 101-107, Kyunghee University, 2013.
- JiJoon Song, Statistical analysis SPSS AMOS, pp. 210-210, 21century Books, 2013.
- Jungmin Kim, "A Study of the Impact of Emotional dissonance on Psychological well-being and Job satisfaction according to the sales person personality-Focus on difference demographic characteristics and store type characteristics in the jewerly industry". pp. 45-60, Kyunggi University, 2008.
- Lyubomirsky, S, The How of Happiness: A new Approach to Getting the Life you want, pp. 257-289, Penguin Group USA, 2007.
- MacIntosh, R, MacLean, D., & Burns, H, "Health in Organization: towards a Process Based View," Journal of Management Studies, No. 44, pp. 207-221, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-6486.2007.00685.x
- Manz, C. C., & Sims, H. P, "Leading Workers to Lead Themselves: The External Leadership of Self-Managing Work Teams". Administrative Science Quarterly, No. 32, pp. 106-129, 1987. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/2392745 https://doi.org/10.2307/2392745
- Oishi, S., Diener, E., Suh, E., & Lucas, R. E, "Value as a Moderator in Subjective Well-Being," Journal of Personality, Vol. 67, No. 1, pp. 156-182, 1999. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/1467-6494.00051 https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-6494.00051
- Pearce, C., L, "The Future of Leadership: Combining Vertical and Shared Leadership to Transform Knowledge Work," The Academy of Management Executive, No. 18, p. 47, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5465/AME.2004.12690298 https://doi.org/10.5465/AME.2004.12690298
- Pearce, C. L. & Conger, J. A, Shared Leadership: Reframing the Hows and Whys of Leadership, p.157, Thousand Oaks, Sage Publications Inc, 2003.
- Pearce, C. L., Conger, J. A. & Locke, E. A, Shared leadership theory, The Leadership Quarterly, No. 19, pp. 622-628, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5465/AME.2004.12690298 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.leaqua.2008.07.005
- Pearce, C. L., & Sims, H. P, JR, "Vertical Versus Shared Leadership as Predictors of the Effectiveness of Change Management Teams: An Examination of Aversive, Directive, Transactional, Transformational, and Empowering Leader Behaviors. Group Dynamics: Theory," Research, & Practice, No. 6, pp. 172-197, 2002.
- Pearce, C. L., Yoo, Y., & Alavi, M, "Leadership, social work and virtual teams: The relative influence of vertical versus shared leadership in the nonprofit sector," Improving leadership in nonprofit organization. pp. 156-161, San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2004.
- Prilleltensky, I., & Prilleltensky, O., Promoting Well-Being-Linking Personal, organizational, and Community Change, pp. 121-133, John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 2006.
- Ryan, R. M & Deci, E. L, On Happiness and Human Potentials: A Review of Research on Hedonic and Eudaimonic Well-Being, Annual Review of Psychology, No. 52, pp. 141-166, 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1146/annurev.psych.52.1.141 https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.psych.52.1.141
- Ryff, C. D, "Happiness is Everything, or Is It?: Explorations on the Meaning of Psychological Well-Being," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 57, No. 6, pp. 1069-1081, 1989. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2069 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.119
- Ryff, C. D. & Keyes, C. L. M, "The Structure of Psychological Well-Being Revisited". Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 69(4), pp. 719-727, 1995. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1689 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1249
- Ryff, C. D. & Singer, B, "Interpersonal flourishing: A positive health agenda for the new millennium," Personality and Social Psychology Review, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 30-44, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1207/S15327957PSPR0401_4 https://doi.org/10.1207/S15327957PSPR0401_4
- Schutte, N. S., Malouff, J. M., Hall, L. E., Haggerty, D. J., Cooper, J. T., Golden, C. J., & Dornheim, L, "Development and Validation of Measure of Emotional Intelligence," Personality and Individual Difference, No. 25, pp. 167-177, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0191-8869(98)00001-4
- Stajkovic, A.D, "Development of a Core Confidence Higher Order Construct," Journal of Applied Physiology, Vol. 91, No. 6, pp. 1208-1224, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.91.6.1208 https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.91.6.1208
- Temane, Q. M., & Wissing, M. P, “The role of personality factors in the dynamics of context and psychological well-being,” Journal of Psychology in Africa, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 105-114, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/14330237.2008.10820177
- Van Dierendonck, D., Diaz, D., Rodriguez-Carvajal, R., Blanco, A., &Moreno-Jimenez, B, "Ryff's six-factor model of psychological well-being: a Spanish exploration," Social Indicators Research, Vol. 87, No. 3, pp. 473-479, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11205-007-9174-7 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11205-007-9174-7
- Wright, T. A., Cropanzano, R., Bonett, D. G. & Diamond, W. J, "The role of employee psychological wellbeing in cardiovascular health: when the twain shall meet," Journal of Organizational Behavior, No. 30, pp. 193-208, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/job.592 https://doi.org/10.1002/job.592
- YeonOk Seong, “Conceptualization, Development And Validation Of An Organizational Well-Being Scale,” Korean Academy of Human Resource Management, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 325-348, 2010.
- Younghun Kim․Youngchul Chang, "A Study on the Moderating Effects of Shared Leadership on the Relationship between Types of Organizational Culture and Organizational Commitment, Job Satisfaction-A Focus on Company 'P ," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 12, pp. 6173-6185, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.12.6173 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.12.6173
- Yukl, C. A, Leadership in Organizations(4nd), pp. 41-45, England Cliff. NJ: Prentice Hall, 1998.