- Volume 52 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Physicochemical characteristics and volatile flavor compounds of produced mixture wine with kiwi and permission fruits using wild yeast, Saccharomyces cerevisiae Y28
야생 효모 Saccharomyces cerevisiae Y28을 이용하여 제조한 참다래-대봉감 혼합과실주의 이화학적 특성 및 향기성분
- Lee, Hee Yul (Department of Food Science, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Seo, Weon Taek (Department of Food Science, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Jeong, Seong Hoon (Namhae Garlic Research Institute) ;
- Hwang, Chung Eun (Department of Food Science, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Ahn, Min Ju (Department of Food Science, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Lee, Ae Ryeon (Department of Food Science, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Shin, Ji Hyun (Farming Corporation OrumJooga Winery) ;
- Lee, Joo Young (Farming Corporation OrumJooga Winery) ;
- Jo, Hyeon Kook (Farming Corporation OrumJooga Winery) ;
- Cho, Kye Man (Department of Food Science, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology)
- 이희율 (경남과학기술대학교 식품과학부) ;
- 서원택 (경남과학기술대학교 식품과학부) ;
- 정성훈 (남해마늘연구소) ;
- 황정은 (경남과학기술대학교 식품과학부) ;
- 안민주 (경남과학기술대학교 식품과학부) ;
- 이애련 (경남과학기술대학교 식품과학부) ;
- 신지현 (영농조합법인 오름주가) ;
- 이주영 (영농조합법인 오름주가) ;
- 조현국 (영농조합법인 오름주가) ;
- 조계만 (경남과학기술대학교 식품과학부)
- Received : 2015.12.31
- Accepted : 2016.03.22
- Published : 2016.03.31
The study was aimed to investigate the mixing ratio of kiwi and persimmon juices for the production of good quality wine by Saccharomyces cerevisiae Y28. Firstly, the optimum condition of rapidase treatment for the kiwi and persimmon juices was established, thereafter various mixing ratio (10:0, 9:1, 8:2, 7:3, 6:4, 5:5) of kiwi and persimmon was investigated regarding physiochemical properties and flavor compounds of wine. As the result, the optimum conditions were obtained as 0.3% rapidase for 1 h in kiwi and 0.3% rapidase for 3 h in persimmon. According to higher ration of persimmon, the pH of wines increased from 3.69 to 3.77, while the acidity of wines decreased from 2.07% to 1.51% at 14 days fermentation. The ranges of brix and reducing sugar in wines were decreased which ranges around 9.6 to 8.8 and 6.07 to 6.90 g/L, respectively, after fermentation. Major organic acid in wines were identified as tartaric acid, malic acid, and citric acid. A small amount of free sugar such as sucrose and glucose were detected in wines, but fructose was completely absent. The soluble phenolic contents were decreased that ranges around 1.00 to 1.25 g/L, in contrast, browning degree were increased ranges around 0.212 to 0.412 after fermentation. The major flavor components were identified as ethyl acetate and hydrazine, and 1,1-dimethyl. Importantly, phenylethyl alcohol was detected from the all wines that have a typical rose like flavor. But sensory test results and preference of kiwi-persimmon (7:3) mixing wine was better than the other wines.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae Y28;kiwi;persimmon;volatile flavor compound;wine
Supported by : 농림축산식품부
- Cho, K.M. and Joo, O.S. 2014. Quality and antioxidant characteristics of Elaegnus multiflora wine through the thermal processing of juice. Korean J. Food Preserv. 21, 206-214. https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2014.21.2.206
- Cho, K.M., Kwon, E.J., Kim, S.K., Kambiranda, D.M., Math, R.K., Lee, Y.H., Kim, J.H., Yun, H.D., and Kim, H. 2009. Fungal diversity in composting process of Pig manure and mushroom cultural waste based on partial sequence of large subunit rRNA. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 1, 743-748.
- Cho, K.M., Lee, J.B., Kahng, G.G., and Seo, W.T. 2006. A study on the making of sweet persimmon (Diosyros kaki, T) wine. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 38, 785-792.
- Choi, I.W., Baek, C.H., Woo, S.M., Lee, O.S., Yoon, K.Y., and Jeong, Y.J. 2006a. Establishment of optimum extraction condition for the manufacture of kiwi liqueur. Korean J. Food Preserv. 13, 369-374.
- Choi, H.S., Kim, M.K., Park, H.S., Kim, Y.S., and Shin, D.H. 2006b. Alcoholic fermentation of bokbunja (Rubus coreanus Miq.) wine. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 38, 543-547.
- Chung, K.T., Seo, S.K., and Song, H.I. 1984. Chnages of polyphenols and polyphenol oxidase active bands during apple wine fermentation. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 6, 413-417.
- Ebeler, S.E. 2001. Analytical chemistry: Unlocking the secrets of wine flavor. Food Rev. Int. 17, 45-64. https://doi.org/10.1081/FRI-100000517
- Folin, O. and Denis, W. 1912. On phosphotungstic-phosphomolybdic compounds as color reagents. J. Biol. Chem. 32, 239-243.
- Grassin, C. 1993. Enzymetic liquefaction of apples. Fuit Process. 7, 1-6.
- Jang, S.J., Jo, Y.J., Seo, J.H., Kim, O.M., and Jeong, Y.J. 2014. Enzyme treatment for clarification of spoiled oriental melon juice. Korean J. Food Preserv. 21, 506-511. https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2014.21.4.506
- Jeong, E.J., Kim, M.H., and Kim, Y.S. 2010. Effect of pectinase treatment on extraction yield of the juice of Fragaria ananassa Duch. and the quality characteristics of strawberry wine during ethanolic fermentation. Korean J. Food Preserv. 17, 72-78.
- Jeong, Y.J., Kim, H.I., Whang, K., Lee, O.S., and Park, N.Y. 2002. Effect of pectinase treatment on alcohol fermentation of presimmon. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 31, 578-582. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2002.31.4.578
- Jo, Y.J., Kim, O.M., and Jeong, Y.J. 2013. Monitoring of the changes in volatile flavor components in oriental melon wine using SPME. Korean J. Food Preserv. 20, 207-214. https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2013.20.2.207
- Joo, O.S., Kang, S.T., Jeong, J.H., Lim, J.W., Park, Y.K., and Cho, K.M. 2011. Manufacturing of the enhances antioxidative wine using a ripe daebong presimmon (Dispyros kaki L). J. Appl. Biol. Chem. 54, 126-134. https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2011.022
- Kang, S.D., Ko, Y.J., Kim, E.J., Son, Y.H., Kim, J.Y., Seol, H.G., Kim, L.J., Cho, H.K., and Ryu, C.H. 2011. Quality characteristics of kiwi wine and optimum malolactic fermentation conditions. J. Life Sci. 21, 509-514. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2011.21.4.509
- Kim, Y.S., Jeong, D.Y., and Shin, D.J. 2008. Optimum fermentation condition and fermentation characteristics of mulberry (Morus alba) wine. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 40, 63-69.
- Kim, S.H., Kim, I.H., Cha, T.Y., Kang, B.H., Lee, J.H., Kim, J.M., Song, K.S., Song, B.H., Kim, J.K., and Lee, J.M. 2005. Optimization of enzyme treatment condition for clarification of pomergranate extract. J. Korean Soc. Appl. Biol. Chem. 48, 240-245.
- Kim, E.K., Kim, I., Ko, J.Y., Yim, S.B., and Jeong, Y. 2010. Physicochemical characteristics and acceptability of commercial low-priced french wines. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 39, 1666-1671. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.11.1666
- Kim, G.H., Kim, J.H., and Yang, J.Y. 2014. Change in flavor components of black-fermented galic wine according to the type if chips during the manufacturing process. J. Food Hyg. Safety 29, 73-77 https://doi.org/10.13103/JFHS.2014.29.1.073
- Kim, K.H., Sohn, C.B., Lee, S., Lee, S.A., Lee, J.O., Kwon, J.S., and Yook, H.S. 2008. Quality of 'Hayward' kiwifruit by low-dose gamma irradiation. J. East Asian Soc. Dietaty Life 18, 49-57.
- Lee, S.J. 2014. Volatile analysis of commercial Korean black raspberry wines (Bokbunjaju) using headspace solid-phase microextraction. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 46, 425-431. https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2014.46.4.425
- Miller, G.L. 1959. Use of dinitrosalicylic acid reagent for the determination of reducing sugar. Anal. Chem. 31, 426-428. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac60147a030
- Oh, H.J., Jeon, S.B., Kang, H.Y., Yang, Y.H, Kim, S.C., and Lim, S.B. 2011. Chemical composition and antioxidative activity of kiwifruit in different cultivars and maturity. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 40, 343-349. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.3.343
- Park, K.L., Hong, S.W., Kim, Y.J., Kim, S.J., and Chung, K.S. 2013. Manufacturing and physicochemical properties of wine using hardy kiwi fruit (Actinidia argute). Korean J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 41, 327-334. https://doi.org/10.4014/kjmb.1301.01002
- Park, M.K. and Kim, H.C. 2009. Extraction of polyphenols from apple peel using cellulase and pectinase and estimation of antioxidant activity. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 38, 535-540. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.5.535
- Rombouts, F.M. and Pilnk, W. 1979. Utilization of pectic enzymes in food prodiction. Dev. Food Sci. 2, 264-268.
- Schreier, P. 1979. Flavor composition of wines: a review. CRC Cr. Rev. Food Sci. 12, 59-111.
- Shin, D.B., Hawer, W.D., and Lee, Y.C. 2007. Effect of enzyme treatments on yield and flavor compounds of garlic extracts. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 39, 276-282.
- Song, D.H., Kim, C.J., Rho, T.W., and Lee, T.S. 1988. Phenolics contents and browing capacity during the white wine making. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 20, 787-793.
- Sun, S.Y., Jiang, W.G., and Zhao, Y.P. 2011. Evaluation of different Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains on the profile of volatile compounds and polyphenols in cherry wines. Food Chem. 127, 547-555. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2011.01.039
- Towantakavanit, K., Park, Y.K., and Park, Y.S. 2010. Quality changes in 'Hayward' kiwifruit wine fermented by different yeast strains. Korean J. Food Preserv. 17, 174-181.
- Woo, K.L. and Lee, S.H. 1994. A study on wine-making with dried persimmon produced in Korea. Korean J. Sci. Technol. 26, 204-212.
- Woo, S.M., Lee, M.H., Seo, J.H., Kim, Y.S., Choi, H.D., Choi, I.W., and Jeong, Y.J. 2007. Quality characteristics of kiwi wine on alcohol fermentation strains. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 36, 800-806. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.6.800
- Quality characteristics of madeleine added with halla gold kiwifruit fermented by lactic acid bacteria vol.25, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2018.25.2.205
- Lactic fermentation enhances the antioxidant activity of gold kiwifruit vol.25, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2018.25.2.255
- Changes in yeast diversity and volatile flavor compounds during fermentation of mugwort sugar extracts vol.25, pp.7, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2018.25.7.863