- Volume 52 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A study on the spray characteristics of CRDI system with injection pressure
분사압력에 따른 CRDI 분사계의 분무특성에 관한 연구
- KIM, Sang-Am (Department of Power System Engineering, Chonnam National University) ;
- WANG, Woo-Gyeong (Faculty of Marine Technology, Chonnam National University) ;
- YANG, Jung-Kyu (Faculty of Marine Technology, Chonnam National University)
- Received : 2016.01.07
- Accepted : 2016.01.19
- Published : 2016.02.28
Injection rate, injection quantity and injection timing of fuel are controlled precisely by electric control in CRDI system. Particularly, injection rate being influenced with injection pressure affects to spray characteristics and fuel-air ratio, so it is a very important factor in diesel combustion. In this study, injection rates in accordance with injection pressure at a constant ambient pressure were measured with Zeuch's method. Under the same condition, non-evaporating spray images were taken with a high speed camera and analyzed carefully with Adobe Photoshop CS3. Macroscopic spray characteristics and breakup processes in the spray could be found from the examined and analyzed data. Injection start time and injection period were practically affected with injection pressure. Also, initial injection rate, spray penetration, spray angle and breakup of high density droplets region in the spray were affected with injection pressure. The results and techniques of spray visualization and injection rate measurement in this study would be practically effective to study a high pressure diesel spray for common rail direct injection system.
- Borman GL and Ragland KW. 1998. Combustion Engineering. McGraw-Hill, Singapore, 311.
- Hong JG, Ku KW, Kim JH and Lee CW. 2012. Spray Characteristics of CRDI for injection and ambient pressure. KSAE12-G0011, 56-60.
- Kang JS and Bae CS. 2003. The Structure of Break-up Zone of Diesel Spray from a VCO Nozzle. Spring conference proceeding of KSAE, 168-173.
- Kang JS, Choi W and Bae CS. 2004. Analysis of Transient Diesel Spray with Visualization and Injection Rate Measurement. KSAE, 12(5), 12-18
- Kim HM, Chung JW and Lee KH. 2007. A Study on the Characteristics of Injection-rate at Different Injection Conditions in a Common-rail Diesel Injector. Journal of ILASS-KOREA, 12(3), 166-171.
- Kim SA and Wang WG. 2013, The Fabrication and Trial Performance of Injector Driver for CRDI. Journal of KSPME, 17(2), 38-45.
- Marcic M. 2006. Sensors for Injection Rate Measurements. Sensors. MDPI, Maribor. 1367-1382.
- Seo YT, Suh HK and Lee CS. 2007. Spray and Combustion Characteristics on Biodiesel Blends with Diesel Fuel according to Split Injection System. Spring conference proceeding, KSAE, 638-643.
- Suh HK, Seo SH, Park SW, Chun MS and Lee CS. 2003. Atomization characteristics of high-pressure diesel spray with pilot injection. Fall conference proceeding, KSAE, 378-384.
- Wakuri Y, Fujii M, Amitani T and Tsuneya R. 1960. Studies on the Penetration of Fuel Spray in a Diesel Engine. Bulletin of JSME 3(9), 123-130. https://doi.org/10.1299/jsme1958.3.123
- Won YH and Kim WT. 2004. Visualization of Breakup and Atomization Processes in Non-evaporating Diesel Sprays. KSAE 12(1), 25-31.
- Yeh CN, Kosaka H, Kamimoto T. 1993. Fluorescence/Scattering Image Technique for Particle Sizing in Unsteady Diesel Spray. Transactions of JSME (B 499), 4008-4013.