- Volume 52 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Fishing capacity and bycatch on spring net pot for conger eel by entrance size
스프링그물통발의 입구 크기에 따른 붕장어 어획성능과 혼획
- Received : 2015.02.04
- Accepted : 2015.02.26
- Published : 2016.02.28
This study was conducted to analyze fishing capacity and bycatch by mesh size and entrance size of spring net pot conducted by water tank and field experiment. The water tank experiments were conducted by using traps with mesh size of 22 mm and entrance size of 120 mm and 140 mm, respectively in the water tank of NIFS. The field experiment was conducted using 5 kinds of spring net pot with mesh sizes of 20 mm, 22 mm, 35 mm and entrance size of 120 mm, 130 mm, 140 mm, 360 mm by coastal trap fishery vessel operating around the area of Geoje island. In the result of water tank experiments, the catch of conger eel was 1.5 times higher when using trap with entrance size of 140 mm than that of 120 mm. In the field experiment, when using same mesh size, the larger the entrance size, the higher amount of conger eel catch, bycatch and number of bycatch species. When using the same entrance size, the larger the mesh size, the lower amount of conger eel catch and number of bycatch species, whereas the amount of bycatch showed increasing trend.
Fishing Capacity;Entrance size of Trap;Eel Trap;Bycatch
- Cha BJ, Cho SK and Lee GH. 2010. A study on the bycatches by mesh size of spring-net-pot in Geo-je & Tong-young waters of Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 46(3), 204-213. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.3.204) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.3.204
- Jang CS, Park BS and Lee MK. 1992. Relationship between the body dimension of sea eel, Astroconger myriaster and the mesh size of fishing gears II. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 28(4), 380-384.
- Jang CS. 1987. Relationship between the body dimension of sea eel, Astroconger myriaster and the mesh size of fishing gears. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 23(4), 184-188.
- Jeong EC. 2000. Size selectivity of tubular pot and trap with the extended SELECT model. Department of Fisheries Physics, Graduate School, Pukyong National University, 4-63.
- Kim DA and Ko KS. 1990. Fishing mechanism of pots and their modification 3. Behavior of conger eel, Astroconger myriaster, to net pots. Kor J Fish Aquatic Sci 23(3), 238-244.
- Kim SH, Park CD, Park SW and Shin JK. 2010. The effect of the entrance size on the catch of trap for conger eel. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 46(3), 195-203. (DOI: 10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.3.195) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.3.195
- Kim WS, Lee JH, Kwon BG, Yoo JB, Kim BY, Kim BS, Lee HO and Cho YB. 2006. Study on the bycatch prevention device of spring frame net trap for conger eel, Conger Myriaster. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 42(1), 1-10. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2006.42.1.001) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2006.42.1.001
- Ko KS and Kwon BK. 1987. Improvement of sea eel pots. Kor J Fish Aquatic Sci 20(2), 95-105.
- Lee JH, Kwon BG, Lee CW, Kim HS, Jeong SB, Cho YB, Yoo JB, Kim SH and Kim BY. 2005. Improvement of gill net and trap net fishing for the resource mangement in the southern sea of Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 41(1), 27-34. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2005.46.1.027) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2005.41.1.027
Grant : 어선어업의 경쟁력 강화를 위한 연안어선 성능개량 연구
Supported by : 국립수산과학원