- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Preliminary Result of Uncertainty on Variation of Flowering Date of Kiwifruit: Case Study of Kiwifruit Growing Area of Jeonlanam-do
기후변화에 따른 국내 키위 품종 '해금'의 개화시기 변동과 전망에 대한 불확실성: 전남 키위 주산지역을 중심으로
- Kim, Kwang-Hyung (Climate Change Research Department, APEC Climate Center) ;
- Jeong, Yeo Min (Climate Change Research Department, APEC Climate Center) ;
- Cho, Youn-Sup (Fruit Research Institute, Jeollanam-do Agricultural Research & Extension Services) ;
- Chung, Uran (Climate Change Research Department, APEC Climate Center)
- Received : 2016.03.09
- Accepted : 2016.03.26
- Published : 2016.03.30
It is highly anticipated that warming temperature resulting from global climate change will affect the phenological pattern of kiwifruit, which has been commercially grown in Korea since the early 1980s. Here, we present the potential impacts of climate change on the variations of flowering day of a gold kiwifruit cultivar, Haegeum, in the Jeonnam Province, Korea. By running six global climate models (GCM), the results from this study emphasize the uncertainty in climate change scenarios. To predict the flowering day of kiwifruit, we obtained three parameters of the 'Chill-day' model for the simulation of Haegeum:
Grant : 아태기후정보서비스및연구개발
Supported by : (재)APEC기후센터
- Belrose Inc., 2013: World Kiwifruit Review. 2013 edition. Pullman, WA Belrose Inc., USA.
- Cesaraccio, C., D. Spano, R. L. Snyder, and P. Duce, 2004: Chilling and forcing model to predict bud-burst of crop and forest species. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 126, 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agrformet.2004.03.002
- Chuine, I., 2000: A unified model for budburst of trees. Journal of Theoretical Biology 207, 337-47. https://doi.org/10.1006/jtbi.2000.2178
- Chung, U., and J. I. Yun, 2004: Solar irradiance - corrected spatial interpolation of hourly air temperature in complex terrain. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 126, 129-139. doi: 10.1016/j.agrformet.2004.06.006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agrformet.2004.06.006
- Chung, U., H. H. Seo, K. H. Hwang, B. S. Hwang, J. Choi, J. T. Lee, and J. I. Yun, 2006: Minimum temperature mapping over complex terrain by estimating cold air accumulation potential. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 137, 15-24. doi: 10.1016/j.agrformet.2005.12.011 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agrformet.2005.12.011
- Han, J. H., S. H. Lee, J. J. Choi, S. B. Jung, and H. I. Jang, 2008: Estimation of dormancy breaking time by development rate model in 'Niitaka' pear (Pyrus pirifolia Nakai). Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 10, 58-64. https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2008.10.2.058
- Jung, J. E., U. Chung, J. I. Yung, and D. K. Choi, 2004: The Observed change in interannual variations of January minimum temperature between 1951-1980 and 1971-2000 in South Korea. Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 6, 235-241.
- Jung, J. E, H. C. Seo, U. Chung, and J. I. Yun, 2006: Spring phenology of grapevine cultivar under the changing climate in Korea during 1921-2000. Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 8, 116-124.
- Kim, J. H., 2010: Freeze risk assessment for 'Changhowon Hwangdo' peach trees using a dormancy clock model during winter season. Kyung Hee University, 65pp.
- Kim, S. O, J. H. Kim, U. Chung, S. H. Kim, G. H. Park, and J. I. Yun, 2009a: Quantification of temperature effects on flowering date determination in Niitaka Pear. Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 11, 61-71. https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2009.11.2.061
- Kim, S. O., U. Chung, S. H. Kim, I. M. Choi, and J. I. Yun, 2009b: The suitable region and site for 'Fuji' apple under the projected climate in South Korea. Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 11, 162-173. https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2009.11.4.162
- Kim, S. O., and J. I. Yun, 2011: A quantification method for the cold pool effect on nocturnal temperature in a closed catchment. Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 13, 176-184. doi: 10.5532/KJAFM.2011.13.4.176 https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2011.13.4.176
- Kwon, E. Y., G. C. Song, and J. I. Yun, 2005: Prediction of dormancy release and bud burst in Korean grapevine cultivars using daily temperature data. Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 7, 185-191.
- Kwon, E., Y., E. Jung, U. Chung, J. I. Yun, and H. S. Park, 2008: Using thermal time to simulate dormancy depth and bud-burst of vineyards in Korea for the twentieth century. Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology 47, 1792-1801. doi: 10.1175%2F2007JAMC1777.1 https://doi.org/10.1175/2007JAMC1777.1
- Kwon, Y. S., S. O. Kim, H. H. Seo, K. H. Moon, and J. I. Yun, 2012: Geographical shift in blooming date of kiwifruits in Jeju Island by global warming. Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 14, 179-188. doi:10.5532/KJAFM.2012.14.4.179. https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2012.14.4.179
- Martre, P., D. Wallach, S. Asseng, and F. Ewert, 2015: Multimodel ensembles of wheat growth. Many models are better than one. Global Change Biology 21, 911-925. https://doi.org/10.1111/gcb.12768
- Murphy, J. M., D. M. Sexton, D. N. Barnett, G. S. Jones, M. J. Webb, M. Collins, and D. A. Stainforth, 2004: Quantification of modelling uncertainties in a large ensemble of climate change simulations. Nature 430, 768-772. doi:10.1038/nature02771. https://doi.org/10.1038/nature02771
- Nalder, I. A., and R. W. Wein, 1998: Spatial interpolation of climatic normals: test of a new method in the Canadian boreal forest. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 92, 211-225. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-1923(98)00102-6
- Salinger, M. J., G. J. Kenny, and M. J. Morley-bunker, 1993: Climate and kiwifruit cv. Hayward. 1. Influences on development and growth. New Zealand Journal of Crop and Horticultural Science 21, 235-245. https://doi.org/10.1080/01140671.1993.9513775
- Semenov, M. A., and P. Stratonovitch, 2010: Use of multi-model ensembles from global climate models for assessment of climate change impacts. Climate Research 41, 1-12. https://doi.org/10.3354/cr00836
- Seo, H. H. 2003: Site selection criteria for the production of high quality apples based on agriclimatology in Korea. Kyung Hee University, 130pp.
- Shin, M. Y., J. I. Yun, and A. S. Suh, 1999: Estimation of daily maximum/minimum temperature distribution over the Korean Peninsula by using spatial statistical technique. Journal of the Korean Society of Remote Sensing 15, 9-20.
- Yun, S. K., K. H. Chung, I. K. Yoon, E. Y. Nam, J. H. Han, D. J. Yu, and H. J. Lee, 2012: Developmental rate equations for predicting blooming date of 'Yumyeong' (Prunus persica) peach trees. Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 14, 189-195. doi:10.5532/KJAFM.2012.14.4.189 https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2012.14.4.189
- Yun, J. I., J. Y. Choi, Y. K. Yoon, and U. Chung, 2000: A spatial interpolation model for daily minimum temperature over mountainous regions. Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 2, 173-182.
- Yun, J. I., J. Y. Choi, and J. H. Ahn, 2001: Seasonal trend of elevation effect on daily air temperature in Korea. Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 3, 96-104.
- Zapata, D., M. Salazar, B. Chaves, M. Keller, and G. Hoogenboom, 2015: Estimation of the base temperature and growth phase duration in terms of thermal time for four grapevine cultivars. International Journal of Biometeorology 59, 1771-1781. doi:10.1007/s00484-015-0985-y. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00484-015-0985-y
- 김성철, 성기철, 좌재호, 임찬규, 전승종, 김천환, 최인명, 2013: 거인에 맞서는 용기 세계적인 기업과 우리 참다래. 농촌진흥청. 20pp.
- 조재필, 2013: 불확실성을 고려한 농업용 저수지의 기후변화 영향 평가. APEC 기후센터, 36pp.
- First Report of Actinidia virus A and B Infecting Actinidia chinensis in South Korea vol.101, pp.8, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1094/PDIS-03-17-0379-PDN