- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
An AP Selection Criteria for Enhanced Indoor Positioning using IEEE 802.11 RSSI Measurements and AP Configuration Information
- Hwang, Jun Gyu (Graduate School of Electronics Engineering, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Lee, Kwang Eog (Agency for Defence Development Daejeon) ;
- Park, Joon Goo (Graduate School of Electronics Engineering, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2015.10.08
- Accepted : 2015.11.26
- Published : 2016.03.01
The demand for LBS (Location Based Services) is increasing in the development of communication and mobile technologies. Positioning technology is a core technology for LBS, because LBS is based on a position of each device or user. But positioning technology especially for indoor environments is getting a lot of attention. Indoor positioning errors usually occur seriously in indoor environments where APs (Access Points) are set in a very concentrated and complex arrangement. In order to reduce indoor positioning errors, we adopt DOP (Dilution of Precision) which reflects an APs configuration information. In this paper, we propose an enhanced indoor positioning method using IEEE 802.11 RSSI measurements and AP configuration information.
Indoor positioning;RSSI;Dilution of precision (DOP)
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 경북대학교
- I. Getting. “The Global Positioning System,” IEEE Spectrum. 30(12): 36-47. December 1993.
- Liu, Hui, et al. “Survey of wireless indoor positioning techniques and systems.” Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C: Applications and Reviews, IEEE Transactions on 37.6 (2007): 1067-1080. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCC.2007.905750
- A. D. Angelis, J. O. Nilsson, I. Skog, P. Handel and P. Carbone, “Indoor Positioning By Ultra Wide Band Radio Aided Inertial Navigation,” XIX IMEKO World Congress Fundamental and Applied Metrology, pp. 574-579, September 6-11, 2009, Lisbon, Portugal.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi, Jun. 2013.
- IEEE standard for Information Technology, Telecommunications and Information Exchange between System, Local and Metropolitan Area Network. Part II: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications, IEEE standard 802.11,1999.
- E. D. Kaplan, C. J. Hegarty, "Understanding GPS principles and applications," second edition
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilution_of_precision_(GPS), Jun. 2013.
- S. Park, D. Park, A. S. Kim, J. Park, S. Kim, C. Lim, and J. G. Park, “A study on enhanced indoor localization method through IEEE 802.11 signal strength measurements,” KSII ICONI pp. 761-765, December 2010.
- Hyun-Hun Cho, Rak-Hee Lee, Joon-Goo Park, “Adaptive Parameter Estimation Method for Wireless Localization Using RSSI Measurements,” Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 883-887, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2011.6.6.883
- Hasani, M, “Hybrid WLAN-RFID Indoor Localization Solution Utilizing Textile Tag,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, pp. 1358-1361, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2015.2406951
- A signal selection method for heterogeneous positioning sources vol.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1051/itmconf/20160702005