- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Electron Transport Coefficients in Binary Mixtures of TEOS Gas with Kr, Xe, He and Ne Gases for Using in Plasma Assisted Thin-film Deposition
- Tuan, Do Anh (Faculty of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Hung Yen University of Technology and Education)
- Received : 2015.06.24
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2016.03.01
The electron transport coefficients in not only pure atoms and molecules but also in the binary gas mixtures are necessary, especially on understanding quantitatively plasma phenomena and ionized gases. Electron transport coefficients (electron drift velocity, density-normalized longitudinal diffusion coefficient, and density-normalized effective ionization coefficient) in binary mixtures of TEOS gas with buffer gases such as Kr, Xe, He, and Ne gases, therefore, was analyzed and calculated by a two-term approximation of the Boltzmann equation in the E/N range (ratio of the electric field E to the neutral number density N) of 0.1 - 1000 Td (1 Td = 10−17 V.cm2). These binary gas mixtures can be considered to use as the silicon sources in many industrial applications depending on mixture ratio and particular application of gas, especially on plasma assisted thin-film deposition.
TEOS;thin-film;Electron transport coefficient;Plasma assisted thin-film deposition;Boltzmann equation
- G. Tochitani, M. Shimozuma and H. Tagashira, “Deposition of Silicon Oxide Films from TEOS by Low Frequency Plasma Chemical Vapor Deposition”, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A, vol. 11, 400 (1993).
- K. Sano, H. Tamamaki, M. Nomura, S. Wickramanayaka, Y. Nakanishi and Y. Hatanaka, "Deposition of High Quality SiO2 Films Using Teos by ECR Plasma", MRS Proceedings, vol. 396, 1995.
- J. Janča, A. Tálský and V. Zvoníček, “Kinetics of O2 + TEOS Gas-Phase Chemical Reactions in a Remote RF Plasma Reactor with Electron Spin Resonance”, Plasma Chemistry and Plasma Processing, vol. 16, no. 2, 187-194, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01570177
- D. A. Tuan and B. H. Jeon, “Electron Collision Cross Sections for the Tetraethoxysilane Molecule and Electron Transport Coefficients in Tetraethoxysilane-O2 and Tetraethoxysilane-Ar Mixtures”, Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 81, no. 6, pp. 064301-1-8, Jun. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1143/JPSJ.81.064301
- D. A. Tuan and P. N. Thang, “Electron Transport Coefficients in TEOS-N2 Mixture for using in Plasma Assisted Thin-film Deposition”, Journal of Science and Technology (in Thai Nguyen University), 137 (07): 121-125
- P. X. Hien, B. H. Jeon, and D. A. Tuan, “Electron Collision Cross Sections for the BF3 Molecule and Electron Transport Coefficients in BF3-Ar and BF3-SiH4 Mixtures“, Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 034301-1–8, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.7566/JPSJ.82.034301
- P. X. Hien, D. A. Tuan, and B. H. Jeon, “Electron Collision Cross Sections for the TMS Molecule and Electron Transport Coefficients in TMS-Ar andTMS-O2 Mixtures,” Journal of the Korean Physical Society, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 62-72, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.3938/jkps.61.62
- D. A. Tuan, “Calculations of Electron Transport Coefficients in Cl2-Ar, Cl2-Xe, and Cl2-O2 Mixtures”, Journal of the Korean Physical Society, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 23-29, Jan. 2014. https://doi.org/10.3938/jkps.64.23
- D. A. Tuan, “Analysis of Insulating Characteristics of Cl2-He Mixture Gases in Gas Discharges”, J. Electr. Eng. Technol., vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 1735-1738 (Jun. 2015).
- M. Hayashi, “Luminous Layers in the Prebreakdown Region of Low Pressure Noble Gases,” J. Phys. D, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 1411-1418 (Aug. 1982). https://doi.org/10.1088/0022-3727/15/8/012
- 11T. Hashimoto and Y. Nakamura, Papers of Gas Discharge Technical Committee, vol. ED-90-61 (Japan: IEE), 1990, as quoted in M. Suzuki, T. Taniguchi, N. Yoshimura, and H. Tagashira, "Momentum Transfer Cross Section of Xenon Deducted from Electron Drift Velocity Data," J. Phys. D, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 50-56 (Jan. 1992).
- H. Tagashira, Y. Sakai and S. Sakamoto, “The Development of Electron Avalanches in Argon at High E/N Values. II. Boltzmann Equation Analysis”, J. Phys. D, vol.10, 1051 (1977). https://doi.org/10.1088/0022-3727/10/7/011
- D. A. Tuan, “Determination of Electron Collision Cross Sections for F2, Cl2 Molecules, and Electron Transport Coefficients in Mixture Gases as Pro-spective Substitutes for the SF6 Gas in Industrial Applications”, PhD Dissertation, Dongguk Univ., Korea, 2012.
- L. G. H. Huxley and R. W. Crompton, “The Diffusion and Drift of Electrons in Gases”, (New York: John Wiley & Sons) (1974) Chaps. 6 and 13.
- B. H. Jeon, “Determination of Electron Collision Cross-sections for the C3F8 Molecule by Using an Electron Swarm Study”, J. Korean Phys. Soc. 49 (2006) 2321.
- L. G. Christophorou and S. R. Hunter, Electron-Molecule Interations and Their Applications, vol. 2, ed L G Christophorou (Florida: Academic Press) pp. 318-412 (1984).
- W. L. Morgan, C. Winstead and V. McKoy, “Electron Collision Cross Sections for Tetraethoxysilane”, Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 1663-1667, Aug. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1491024
- J. Holtgrave, K. Riehl, D. Abner, and P. D. Haaland, “Ion Chemistry in Tetraethylorthosilicate (C2H5O)4Si”, Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 215, no. 6, pp. 548-553, Dec. 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0009-2614(93)89353-J