- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Equilibrium Design of Radial Magnetic Force for Reduction of Vibration in IPM type BLDC Motor
- Lee, Gyeong-Deuk (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University) ;
- Kim, Gyu-Tak (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chanwon National University)
- Received : 2015.01.07
- Accepted : 2015.10.17
- Published : 2016.03.01
In this paper, influence of vibration on cogging torque and Radial Magnetic Force(RMF) imbalance was investigated in the IPM type BLDC motor. Design of cogging torque reduction and the RMF equilibrium was proceed applied to Design of Experiment(DOE). Vibration test results, the RMF imbalance was confirmed that a significant impact of vibration.
BLDC Motor;Vibration reduction;Cogging torque;Radial magnetic force;Natural frequency
- Gyu-Hong Kang, Young-Dae Song, Gyu-Tak Kim and Jin-Hur, “A Novel Cogging Torque Reduction Method for Interior Type Permanent Magnet Motor”, IEEE Transaction on. Industry Applications, vol. 45, No. 1, pp. 161-167, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2008.2009662
- J. P. Hong et al., “Analysis of radial force as a source of vibration in an induction motor with skewed slots,” IEEE Transaction on. Magnetics, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 1650-1653, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.582587
- Jin-Hur, Byeong-Woo Kim, “Rotor Shape Design of an Interior PM Type BLDC Motor for Improving Mechanical Vibration and EMI Characteristics”, Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 592-596, 2010, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2010.5.4.592
- R. S. Colby, F. M. Mottier and T. J. E. Miller, “Vibration modes and acoustic noise in a four-phase switched reluctance motor,” IEEE Transaction on. Industry Applications, Vol. 32, No. 6, pp. 1357-1363, 1996 https://doi.org/10.1109/28.556639
- Jin Hur, Jin-Wook Reu, Byeong-woo Kim, Gyu-Hong Kang, “Vibration Reduction of IPM-Type BLDC Motor Using Negative Third Harmonic Elimination Method of Air-Gap Flux Density,” IEEE Transactions on. Industry Applications, Vol. 47, No, 3, pp. 1300-1309, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2011.2128850
- Won-Ho Kim, “A Stress Analysis Method for the Rotor Design of an IPMSM Considering Radial Force”, Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 882-887, 2014 https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.3.882
- M.-F. Hsieh, D. G. Dorrell, Y.-H. Yeh, and S. Ekram, “Cogging torque reduction in axial flux machines for small wind turbines,” in Proc. 35th IEEE Annu. Conf. Ind. Elect. (IECON), pp. 4435-4439, 2009.
- Xiuhe Wang, Yubo Yang, Dajin Fu “Study of cogging torque in surface mounted permanent magnet motors with energy method,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, Vol. 267, No. 1, pp. 80-85, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-8853(03)00324-X
- D. G. Dorrell, W. T. Thomson and Steven Roach, “Analysis of air gap flux, current, and vibration signals as a function of the combination of static and dynamic airgap eccentricity in 3phase induction motor”, IEEE Transaction on. Industry Applications, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 24-34, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.567073
- Logan, Daryl L., “A First Course in the Finite Element Method”, Thomson Learning, 2007.
- Jacek F. Gieras, Chong Wang, Joseph Cho Lai, “Noise of Poly phase Electrical Motors”, Taylor & Francis Group, 2006.
- Optimal design of motor shape and magnetisation direction to obtain vibration reduction and average torque improvement in IPM BLDC motor vol.11, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa.2016.0618
- A Robust Multimodal Optimization Algorithm Based on a Sub-Division Surrogate Model and an Improved Sampling Method vol.54, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2017.2755073