- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Integrated Voltage and Power Flow Management Considering the Cost of Opera in Active Distribution Networks
- Xu, Tao (Key Laboratory of Smart Grid of Ministry of Education, Tianjin University) ;
- Guo, Lingxu (Tianjin Electric Power Co.) ;
- Wei, Wei (Key Laboratory of Smart Grid of Ministry of Education, Tianjin University) ;
- Wang, Xiaoxue (Key Laboratory of Smart Grid of Ministry of Education, Tianjin University) ;
- Wang, Chengshan (Key Laboratory of Smart Grid of Ministry of Education, Tianjin University) ;
- Lin, Jun (Hainan Electric Power Research Institute) ;
- Li, Tianchu (Hainan Electric Power Research Institute)
- Received : 2015.04.23
- Accepted : 2015.09.23
- Published : 2016.03.01
The increasing penetration of distributed energy resources on the distribution networks have brought a number of technical impacts where voltage and thermal variations have been identified as the dominant effects. Active network management in distribution networks aims to integrate distributed energy resources with flexible network management so that distributed energy resources are organized to make better use of existing capacity and infrastructure. This paper propose active solutions which aims to solve the voltage and thermal issues in a distributed manner utilizing a collaborative approach. The proposed algorithms have been fully tested on a distribution network with distributed generation units.
Active distribution networkk;Voltage control;Power flow management;Distributed energy resource;Multiple agent system
- Tao Xu and Phil Taylor, “Voltage control techniques for electrical distribution networks including distributed generation”, in Proceedings of 17th IFAC world congress, Seoul, Korea, July 2008.
- Sam Jupe and Phil Taylor, “Strategies for the control of multiple Distributed Generation”, in Proceedings of 20th International Conference and Exhibition on Electricity Distribution (CIRED), Prague, Czech Republic, June 2009.
- Panagis N. Vovos, Aristides E. Kirprakis, Robin Wallace, “Centralised and distributed voltage control: impact on distributed generation penetration”, IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 476-482, Jan 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2006.888982
- Gram Ault, Jim McDonaid, “Fundamental research challenges for active management of distribution networks with high levels of renewable generation”, in Proceedings of Universities Power Engineering Conference, Manchester, UK, March 2004.
- Dave Roberts, “Network management systems for active distribution networks: a feasibility study”, DTI Distributed Generation Programme, 2004.
- Phuong Nguyen and Will Kling, “Distributed state estimation for multi-agent based active distribution networks”, in Proceedings of IEEE PES General Meeting, Minneapolis, USA, July 2010.
- Scottish and Southern Energy, The Orkney smart grid, http://www.ssepd.co.uk/OrkneySmartGrid/KnowledgeSharing/Events/OrkneyEventMaterial/, January 2015.
- Mark Collins, Richard Silversides and Tim Green, “Control and coordination of a distribution network via decentralised decision making”, in Proceedings of IEEE PES General Meeting, Minneapolis, USA, 2013.
- Phil Taylor, Tao Xu, Neal Wade, Milan Prodanovic, Richard Silversides, Tim Green, Euan Davidson, and Stephen McArthur, “Distributed voltage control in AuRA-NMS”, in Proceedings of IEEE PES General Meeting, Minneapolis, USA, July 2010.
- Phuong Nguyen and Will Kling, “Coordination of voltage regulation in active networks”, in Proceedings of IEEE PES Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition, Chicago, USA, Apr 2008.
- Ali Ahmadi and Tim Green, “Optimal power flow for autonomous regional active network management system”, in Proceedings of IEEE PES General Meeting, Minneapolis, USA, 2009.
- Sam Jupe and Phil Taylor, “Distributed generation output control for network power flow management”, IET Renewable Power Generation, vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 371-386, June 2009. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-rpg.2008.0029
- Neal. Wade, Phil Taylor, Peter Lang, “Evaluating the benefits of an electrical energy storage system in a future smart grid”, Energy Policy, vol. 38, No. 11, pp. 7180-7188, June 2011.
- Tao Xu, Neal Wade, Euan Davidson, Phil Taylor, Stephen McArthur, “Case-Based Reasoning for Coordinated Voltage Control on Distribution Networks”, Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 81, No. 12, pp. 2088-2098, Dec 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2011.08.005
- Mike Dolan, Euan Davidson, “Reducing distributed generator curtailment through active power flow management”, IEEE Trans. On smart grid, vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 149-157, Jan 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSG.2013.2267617
- Edward Tsing, “Foundation of Constraint Satisfaction”. USA: Academic Press, 1993, p. 1-10.
- Krzysztof Apt, “Principles of Constraint Programming”, UK: Cambridge Univ. Press, 2003, p. 34-40.
- IPSA+ power website, http://www.ipsa-power.com/, January 2015.