- Volume 11 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Decision Making on Bus Splitting Locations Using a Modified Fault Current Constrained Optimal Power Flow (FCC-OPF)
- Song, Hwachang (Dept. of Electrical and Information Engr., Seoul National University of Science & Technology) ;
- Vovos, Panagis N. (Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engr., University of Patras) ;
- Cho, Kang-Wook (Korea Power Exchange (KPX)) ;
- Kim, Tae-Sun (Korea Power Exchange (KPX))
- 투고 : 2015.02.02
- 심사 : 2015.10.09
- 발행 : 2016.01.01
This paper presents a method of decision on where bus splitting is needed to reduce fault current level of power systems and to satisfy the fault current constraints. The method employs a modified fault current constrained optimal power flow (FCC-OPF) with X variables for the candidate locations of splitting and for decision making on whether to split or not, it adopts soft-discretization by augmenting inversed U-shaped penalty terms. Also, this paper discusses the procedure on the adequate selection of bus splitting locations based on the results of the modified FCC-OPF, to reduce the total number of the actions taken.
- P. Kundur, Power System Stability and Control, McGraw-Hill, 1994.
- NERC, Available Transfer Capability Definitions and Determination, NERC Brochure, 1996.
- T. Van Cutsem and C. Vournas, Voltage Stability of Electric Power Systems, Springer, 1998.
- V. Ajjarapu, Computational Techniques for Voltage Stability Assessment and Control, Springer, 2006.
- H. Song, S. Kim, B. Lee, S. H. Kwon, and V. Ajjarapu, “Determination of interface flow margin using the modified continuation power flow in voltage stability analysis,” IEE Proceedings-Generation Transmission and Distribution, vol. 148, Mar. 2001, pp. 128-132. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-gtd:20010194
- B. Lee, H. Song, S.-H. Kwon, G. Jang, J.-H. Kim and V. jjarapu, “A study on determination of interface flow limits in the KEPCO system using modified continuation power flow (MCPF),” IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, vol. 17, Aug. 2002, pp. 107-125.
- N. Tleis, Power Systems Modelling and Fault Analysis: Theory and Practice, Newnes, 2008.
- G. Andersson, Modelling and Analysis of Electric Power Systems, ETH Zurich, 2008.
- P. Vovos and G. Harrison, “Optimal Power Flow as a Tool for Fault Level Constrained Network Capacity Analysis,” IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, vol. 20, May 2005, pp. 734-741. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2005.846070
- P. Vovos and J. Bialek, “Direct Incorporation of Fault Level Constraints in Optimal Power Flow as a Tool for Network Capacity Analysis,” IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, vol. 20, Nov. 2005, pp. 2125-2134. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2005.856975
- H. Song, P. Vovos, T.-S. Kim, K.-W. Cho, “Decision Making of Bus Splitting for Reduction of Fault Current Level Using a Novel Network Reconfiguration Algorithm with Rerun Optimizer,” Proc. of 2014 CIGRÉ Session, Paris, France, 2014.
- H. Song, M. Y. Del Castillo, Jr, P. Vovos, T.-S. Kim, K.-W. Cho, “Varying Load Voltage Magnitude Impacts on Fault Level Constrained Optimal Power Flow,” International Journal of Research in Engineering and Science, vol. 2, no. 2, 2014, pp. 39-43.
- P. Vovos, H. Song, K.-W. Cho, and T.-S. Kim, “A Network Reconfiguration Algorithm for the Reduction of Expected Fault Currents within Limits,” Proc. of IEEE PES GM 2013, Vancouver, 2013.
- A. Khazali, M. Kalantar, “Optimal Power Flow Considering Fault Current Level Constraints and Fault Current Limiters,” Int. J. of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, vol. 59, July 2014, pp. 204-213. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2014.02.012
- G.-H. Moon, Y.-M. Wi, K. Lee, and S.-K. Joo, “Fault Current Constrained Decentralized Optimal Power Flow Incorporating Superconducting Fault Current Limits (SFCL),” IEEE Trans. Applied Superconductivity, vol. 21, June 2011, pp. 2157-5160. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2010.2092398
- P. M. Anderson, Analysis of Faulted Power Systems, Wiley, 1995.
- J. Sherman and W. J. Morrison, “Adjustment of an Inverse Matrix Corresponding to Changes in the Elements of a Given Column or a Give Row of the Original Matrix,” Ann. Math. Statist., vol. 20, pp. 621, 1949.
- R. D. Zimmerman, C.E. Murillo-Sanchez, and R.J. Thomas, “MATPOWER: Steady State Operations, Planning, and Analysis Tools for Power Systems Research and Education,” IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, vol. 26 Feb. 2011, pp. 12-19. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2010.2051168
- Knitro Documentation Release 8.0, Ziena Optimization LLC, 2011.
- Power Technologies International, PSS/E 31.0 Users Guide, Siemens, 2007.
- Hybrid Multistarting GA-Tabu Search Method for the Placement of BtB Converters for Korean Metropolitan Ring Grid vol.2016, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/1546753
- Determining Countermeasures against Fault Currents Using a Decomposition Method Based on Fuzzy Fault Level Constrained Optimal Power Flow vol.9, pp.2, 2019, https://doi.org/10.3390/app9020274