- Volume 11 Issue 1
In this paper, new electric railway feeding system which has active transformer is modeled for evaluating the steady state analysis using PSCAD/EMTDC. Equivalent models including power supply, feeder, train and transformers are proposed for simplifying the model of the feeding system in high speed electric railway. In case study, simulation results applied to proposed model are compared with the conventional and new systems through the catenary voltage, three-phase voltage of PCC (Point of Common Coupling) and the efficiency of regenerative braking energy.
Active transformer;SCOTT Transformer;Regenerative braking energy;Equivalent model;PSCAD/EMTDC Simulation
- M. Fujun, L. An, X. Xianyong, X. Huagen, W. Chuanping, and W. Wen, “A Simplified Power Conditioner Based on Half-Bridge Converter for High-Speed Railway System,” Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 60, pp. 728-738, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2012.2206358
- H. L. Ginn and C. Guangda, “Flexible Active Compensator Control for Variable Compensation Objectives,” Power Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 23, pp. 2931-2941, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.2005385
- J. Ma, M. Wu, and S. Yang, “The application of SVC for the power quality control of electric railways,” in Sustainable Power Generation and Supply, 2009. SUPERGEN '09. International Conference on, 2009, pp. 1-4.
- T. Pee-Chin, R. E. Morrison, and D. G. Holmes, “Voltage form factor control and reactive power compensation in a 25-kV electrified railway system using a shunt active filter based on voltage detection,” Industry Applications, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 39, pp. 575-581, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2003.809455
- T. Pee-Chin, L. Poh Chiang, and D. G. Holmes, “A robust multilevel hybrid compensation system for 25-kV electrified railway applications,” Power Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 19, pp. 1043-1052, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2004.830038
- G. Raimondo, P. Ladoux, A. Lowinsky, H. Caron, and P. Marino, “Reactive power compensation in railways based on AC boost choppers,” Electrical Systems in Transportation, IET, vol. 2, pp. 169-177, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-est.2011.0057
- B. Singh, P. Jayaprakash, and D. P. Kothari, “A T-Connected Transformer and Three-leg VSC Based DSTATCOM for Power Quality Improvement,” Power Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 23, pp. 2710-2718, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.2004273
- Z. Zhiwen, W. Bin, K. Jinsong, and L. Longfu, “A Multi-Purpose Balanced Transformer for Railway Traction Applications,” Power Delivery, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 24, pp. 711-718, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2008.2008491
- M. Chaves, E. Margato, J. F. Silva, and S. F. Pinto, “New approach in back-to-back m-level diodeclamped multilevel converter modelling and direct current bus voltages balancing,” Power Electronics, IET, vol. 3, pp. 578-589, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel.2009.0074
- R. C. Portillo, M. M. Prats, J. I. Leon, J. A. Sanchez, J. M. Carrasco, E. Galvan, et al., “Modeling Strategy for Back-to-Back Three-Level Converters Applied to High-Power Wind Turbines,” Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 53, pp. 1483-1491, 2006.
- R. Jeevajothi and D. Devaraj, “A New Approach for Constant DC Link Voltage in a Direct Drive Variable Speed Wind Energy Conversion System,” Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 10, pp. 529-538, 3 2015. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.2.529
- S. Tossaporn and N. Issarachai, “Power System Oscillations Damping by Robust Decentralized DFIG Wind Turbines,” Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 10, pp. 487-495, 3 2015. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.2.487
- D. Minh-Chau, P. Minwon, K. Gyeong-Hun, and Y. In-Keun, “An Effective Control Scheme of a Back-to-Back Converter with Shunt-Connected HTS SMES for Frequency Regulation of an Islanded Microgrid,” Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 9, pp. 1119-1124, 5 2014. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.3.1119
- J. Seungmin, L. Hansang, K. Kisuk, J. Hosung, K. Hyungchul, and J. Gilsoo, “A Study on Peak Power Reduction using Regenerative Energy in Railway Systems through DC Subsystem Interconnection,” Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 8, pp. 1070-1077, 9 2013. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.5.1070
- L. Shaofeng, P. Weston, S. Hillmansen, H. B. Gooi, and C. Roberts, “Increasing the Regenerative Braking Energy for Railway Vehicles,” Intelligent Transportation Systems, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 15, pp. 2506-2515, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2014.2319233
- S. Xubin, C. Hu, H. Xiaowei, Z. Mengyang, and D. Hairong, “Regenerative braking energy utilization by multi train cooperation,” in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC), 2014 IEEE 17th International Conference on, 2014, pp. 139-144.
- L. Seung-Hyuk, O. K. Jin, and J. Hyun-Soo, “Analysis of catenary voltage of an AT-fed AC HSR system,” Vehicular Technology, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 53, pp. 1856-1862, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2004.836932
- U. N. Gnanarathna, A. M. Gole, and R. P. Jayasinghe, “Efficient Modeling of Modular Multilevel HVDC Converters (MMC) on Electromagnetic Transient Simulation Programs,” Power Delivery, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 26, pp. 316-324, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2010.2060737
- X. Jianzhong, Z. Chengyong, L. Wenjing, and G. Chunyi, “Accelerated Model of Modular Multilevel Converters in PSCAD/EMTDC,” Power Delivery, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 28, pp. 129-136, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2012.2201511