- Volume 11 Issue 1
This paper presents a method that can improve the performance of permanent magnet synchronous motor current control by minimizing the measured current phase delay caused by the Low Pass Filter(LPF) used to cut off the noises that flowed in when feedback currents are measured. Although existing methods that change the Cutoff Frequency of the LPF can minimize phase delays during high speed rotations, their noise cutoff effects are much lower and this may lead to the decline of control performance. Therefore, in this study, an algorithm that can compensate current phase delays through relatively simple calculations from the synchronous motor d-q axis coordinate transformation matrix and the inverse transformation matrix is proposed and the validity of the proposed method is verified by comparing the waveform of the calculated current with the waveform of actual currents through simulations and experiments.
PMSM;Current sensing;Motor;VCF;Phase delay
- M. H. Shin, D. S. Hyen, S. B. Cho and S. Y. Choe, "An improved stator flux estimation for speed sensorless stator flux orientation control of induction motors", IEEE PESC, pp. 1581-1586, 1998.
- K. Y. Nam, W. T. Lee, C. Lee, and J-Pyo Hong, “Reducing torque of DC motor by varying input voltage”, IEEE Trans. Mag. vol. 42, pp. 1307-1311, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2006.871937
- L. Zhang and W. L. Qu, “Commutation torque ripple restraint in BLDC motor over whole speed range”, in Proc. IEEE ICEMS, pp. 1501–1507. 2005.
- Y. Liu, Z. Q. Zhu, and D. Howe, “Direct torque control of brushless DC drives with reduced torque ripple,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 599-608, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2005.844853
- Y. Liu, Z. Q. Zhu, and D. Howe, “Instantaneous torque estimation in sensorless direct torque controlled brushless DC motors,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 1275-1283, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2006.880854
- Z. Q. Zhu, Y. Liu, and D. Howe, “Steady-state dynamic performance of a direct torque controlled PM brushless DC drive accounting for influence of PWM chopping and cogging torque”, in Proc. IEE Int. Conf. Power Electron., Mach. and Drives, Dublin, pp. 556–560, 2006.
- Tae-Sung Kim, Sung-Chan Ahn, and Dong-Seok Hyun, “A new current control algorithm for torque ripple reduction of BLDC motors,” IECON '01, The 27th Annual Conf. of the IEEE, vol. 2, pp. 1521-1526, 2001.
- Joong-Ho Song and Ick Choy, “Commutation torque ripple reduction in brushless DC motor drives using a single DC current sensor”, IEEE Trans. of Power Electronics, vol. 19, pp. 312-319, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2003.823177
- K. Chung, Y. Zhu, I. Lee, K. Lee and Y. Cho, “Simulation of the Reduction of Force Ripples of the Permanent Magnet Linear Synchronous Motor,” Journal of E.E.T. vol. 2, pp. 208-215, 2007.
- J. Holtz and L. Springob, “Identification and compensation of torque ripple in high-precision permanent magnet motor drives,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 309–320, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.491355
- T. M. Jahns and W. L. Soong, “Pulsating torque minimization techniques for permanent magnet AC motor drives — a review,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 321–330, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.491356
- B. Kang, C. Kim, H. Mok and G. Cheo, “Analysis of Torque Ripple in BLDC Motor with Commutation Time,” Proceedings of ISIE 2001, pp. 1044-1048, 2001.
- T. Kim, S. Ahn and D. Hyun, “A New Current Control Algorithm for Torque Ripple Reduction of BLDC Motors,” Proceedings of IECON ’01, pp. 1521-1526, 2001.
- K. Lee, J. Park, H. Yeo and J. Yoo, “Current Control Algorithm to Reduce Torque Ripple in Brushless DC Motors,” Proceedings of ICPE’ 98, pp. 380-385, 1998.
- Y. Liu, Z. Q. Zhu and D. Howe, “Commutation-Torque-Ripple Minimization in Direct-Torque-Controlled PM Brushless DC Drives,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat., vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 1012–1021, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2007.900474
- H. Lu, L. Zhang and W. Qu, “A New Torque Control Method for Torque Ripple Minimization of BLDC Motors With Un-Ideal Back EMF,” IEEE Trans. Power Electronics, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 950-958, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2007.915667