- Volume 11 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Stability and Robust H∞ Control for Time-Delayed Systems with Parameter Uncertainties and Stochastic Disturbances
- Kim, Ki-Hoon (School of Electrical Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Park, Myeong-Jin (School of Electrical Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kwon, Oh-Min (School of Electrical Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Moon (School of Electronics Engineering, Daegu University) ;
- Cha, Eun-Jong (Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Medicine, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2014.02.10
- Accepted : 2015.09.01
- Published : 2016.01.01
This paper investigates the problem of stability analysis and robust H∞ controller for time-delayed systems with parameter uncertainties and stochastic disturbances. It is assumed parameter uncertainties are norm bounded and mean and variance for disturbances of them are known. Firstly, by constructing a newly augmented Lyapunov-Krasovskii functional, a stability criterion for nominal systems with time-varying delays is derived in terms of linear matrix inequalities (LMIs). Secondly, based on the result of stability analysis, a new controller design method is proposed for the nominal form of the systems. Finally, the proposed method is extended to the problem of robust H∞ controller design for a time-delayed system with parameter uncertainties and stochastic disturbances. To show the validity and effectiveness of the presented criteria, three examples are included.
Stochastic disturbances;Parameter uncertainties;Time-varying delays;Lyapunov method
- Y. He, Q.G. Wang, L. Xie, C. Lin, “Further improvement of free-weighting matrices technique for systems with time-varying delay,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 52, pp. 293-299, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.2006.887907
- P.G. Park, J. Wan Ko, “Stability and robust stability for systems with a time-varying delay,” Automatica, vol. 43, pp. 1855-1858, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2007.02.022
- W. Qian, H.R. Karimi, “New delay-dependent stability conditions for time-varying delay systems,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 40, pp. 1435-1439, 2013.
- W. Qian, S. Cong, T. Li, S. Fei, “Improved stability conditions for systems with interval time-varying delay,” International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, vol. 10, pp. 1146-1152, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12555-012-0609-9
- O.M. Kwon, M.J. Park, J.H. Park, S.M. Lee, E.J. Cha, “New delay-partitioning approaches to stability criteria for uncertain neutral systems with time-varying delays,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 349, pp. 2799-2823, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfranklin.2012.08.013
- J.H. Kim, “Note on stability of linear systems with time-varying delay,” Automatica, vol. 47, pp. 2118-2121, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2011.05.023
- M.J. Park, O.M. Kwon, J.H. Park, S.M. Lee, “A new augmented Lyapunov-Krasovskii functional approach for stability of linear systems with time-varying delays” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, pp.7197-7209, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2011.02.006
- P.G. Park, J.W. Ko, C. Jeong, “Reciprocally convex approach to stability of systems with time-varying delays,” Automatica, vol. 47, pp. 235-238, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2010.10.014
- A. Seuret, F. Gouaisbaut, “Wirtinger-based integral inequality: Application to time-delay systems,” Automatica, vol. 49, pp. 2860-2866, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2013.05.030
- K. Gu, “An integral inequality in the stability problem of time-delay systems,” in Proc. the 39th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 2805-2810, 2000.
- J. Liu, J. Zhang, “Note on stability of discrete-time time-varying delay systems,” IET Control Theory Appl., vol. 6, pp. 335-339, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-cta.2011.0147
- X.L. Zhu, G.H. Yang, T. Li, C. Lin, L. Guo, “LMI stability criterion with less variables for time-delay systems,” International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, vol. 7, pp. 530-535, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12555-009-0404-4
- S.H. Kim, P. Park, and C.K. Jeong, “Robust $H_\infty$ stabilisation of networks control systems with packet analyser,” IET Contr. Theory Appl., vol.4, no. 9, pp. 1828-1837, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-cta.2009.0346
- E. Fridman, U. Shaked, “An improved stabilization method for linear time-delay systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 47, pp. 1931-1937, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.2002.804462
- X.M. Zhang, M. Wu, J.H. She, Y. He, “Delay-dependent stabilization of linear systems with time-varying state and input delays,” Automatica, vol. 41, pp. 1405-1412, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2005.03.009
- J. Sun, G.P. Liu, J. Chen , “Delay-dependent stability and stabilization of neutral time-delay systems,” International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 19, pp. 1364-1375, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1002/rnc.1384
- O. M. Kwon, J. H. Park, “Delay-range-dependent stabilization of uncertain dynamic systems with interval time-varying delays,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 208, pp. 58-68, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2008.11.010
- O.M. Kwon, M.J. Park, J.H. Park, S.M. Lee, E.J. Cha, “Stability and stabilization for discrete-time systems with time-varying delays via augmented Lyapunov-Krasovskii functional,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 350, pp. 521-540, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfranklin.2012.12.013
- M.J. Park, O.M. Kwon, J.H. Park, S.M. Lee, K.H. Kim, “Randomly occurring leader-following consensus criterion for multi-agent systems with communication delay” in Proc. Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS), 2012 12th International Conference on, pp. 883-886, 2012.
- W. Qian, S. Cong, Y. Sun, S. Fei, “Novel robust stability criteria for uncertain systems with time-varying delay,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, pp. 866-872, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2009.06.022
- M. Wu, Y. He, J.H. She, G.P. Liu, “Delay-dependent criteria for robust stability of time-varying delay systems,” Automatica, vol. 40, pp. 1435-1439, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2004.03.004
- S. Xu, J. Lam, Y. Zou, “Further results on delay-dependent robust stability conditions of uncertain neutral systems,” International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 15, pp. 233-246, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1002/rnc.983
- Y. He, M. Wu, J.H. She, G.P. Liu, “Delay-dependent robust stability criteria for uncertain neutral systems with mixed delays,” Systems and Control Letters, vol. 51, pp. 57-65, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-6911(03)00207-X
- T. Li, L. Guo, Y. Zhang, “Delay-range-dependent robust stability and stabilization for uncertain systems with time-varying delay,” International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 18, pp. 1372-1387, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/rnc.1280
- E. Fridman, U. Shaked, “Delay-dependent stability and H∞ control: constant and time-varying delays,” International Journal of Control, vol. 76, pp. 48-60, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/0020717021000049151
- H. Gao, C. Wang, “Comments and further results on “A descriptor system approach to H∞ control of linear time-delay systems”,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 48, pp. 520-525, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.2003.809154
- H. Yan, H. Zhang, M.Q.H. Meng, “Delay-range-dependent robust H∞ control for uncertain systems with interval time-varying delays,” Neurocomputing, vol. 73, pp. 1235-1243, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neucom.2010.01.004
- C.E. De Souza, X. Li, “Delay-dependent robust H∞ control of uncertain linear state-delayed systems,” Automatica, vol. 35, pp. 1313-1321, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0005-1098(99)00025-4
- J. Yao, Z.H. Guan, G. Chen, D.W.C. Ho, “Stability, robust stabilization and H∞ control of singular-impulsive systems via switching control,” Systems and Control Letters, vol. 55, pp. 879-886, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sysconle.2006.05.002
- G. Zames, “Feedback and optimal sensitivity: Model reference transformations, multiplicative semi norms, and approximate inverses,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 26, pp. 301-320, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.1981.1102603
- H. Gao, J. Wu, P. Shi, “Robust sampled-data H∞ control with stochastic sampling,” Automatica, vol. 45, pp. 1729-1736, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2009.03.004
- Z. Wang, D.W.C. Ho, Y. Liu, X. Liu, “Robust H∞ control for a class of nonlinear discrete time-delay stochastic systems with missing measurements,” Automatica, vol. 45, pp. 684-691, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2008.10.025
- Z. Wang, Y. Wang, Y. Liu, “Global synchronization for discrete-time stochastic complex networks with randomly occurred nonlinearities and mixed time delays,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 21, pp. 11-25, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNN.2009.2033599
- J. Hu, Z. Wang, H. Gao, L.K. Stergioulas, “Robust sliding mode control for discrete stochastic systems with mixed time delays, randomly occurring uncertainties, and randomly occurring nonlinearities,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 29, pp. 3008-3015, 2012.
- S. Boyd, El Ghaoui, E. Feron, V. Balakrishnan, Linear Matrix Inequalities in System and Control Theory, Studies in Applied Mathematics: Philadelphia, SIAM, 1994.
- M.C. de Oliveira, R.E. Skelton, Stability tests for Constrained Linear systems: Berlin, Springer-Verlag, 2001.
- Y. Wang, L. Xie, C.E. de Souza, “Robust control of a class of uncertain nonlinear systems,” Systems and Control Letters, vol. 19, pp. 139-149, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6911(92)90097-C
- Influence Analysis of a Higher-Order CSI Effect on AMD Systems and Its Time-Varying Delay Compensation Using a Guaranteed Cost Control Algorithm vol.7, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/app7040313
- Observer-based resilient finite-time control of blood gases model during extra-corporeal circulation vol.12, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-syb.2017.0083