- Volume 17 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
An Exploratory Study on the Factors Affecting the Success and Utilization of Reestablished Knowledge Management Systems in a Customer Center: Case of K Life Insurance
고객센터 지식관리시스템 재구축 성공과 활용에 영향을 미치는 요인에 관한 탐색적 연구: K 보험사 사례를 중심으로
- Published : 2016.09.30
Knowledge, as a source of firm's competitive edges, has been drawing attention, while numerous enterprises are investing huge amount of assets to foster the right environments for executing knowledge management (KM). As a practical way of such KM, knowledge management systems (KMS) support the creation, diffusion, and utilization of knowledge, which are the tools for practicing such management style. Recently, the customer centers which make the closest contact with the customers are being concerned about the establishment of KMS. Considering the characteristics of real-time problem solving in customer centers during the consultation with the customers, the importance of KMS is paramount to the centers. This study analyzes major factors influencing the success and utilization of the customer center KMS's reestablishment, as an exploratory case study of the reestablishment of KMS in the customer center of K insurance company. First, the characteristic differences between the customer center's KMS and the traditional KMS are discussed, and the triangulation technique is applied to secure objectivity of this case study's findings. Major results of the case study state that, for the success of KMS and improvement of utilization, the followings should be considered preferentially: excellent system quality (accessibility, user convenience, easy searching, speed/menus); high information quality (accuracy, usefulness, timeliness, task-relevance, diversity, degree of specification); appropriate operation strategy and process for the utilization of system (education, training opportunity, appropriate personnel, speed and procedure of approval, compensation/evaluation); and change management via the support from the CEO's level (concern and participation of CEO, will to propel the project, investment, advertisement, etc.). This study provides practical suggestions with respect to factors which should be more carefully dealt with, since still many customer centers have hard time establishing and operating KMS due to lack of previous studies.
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 전남대학교
- 강병철, & 김영배. (1999). 지식경영 사례 및 혁신모형: 연구개발에 대한 지식경영: 사례연구. 지식경영 학술심포지움, 2(단일호), 435-454.
- 고준, & 전성일. (2005). 온라인 공간에서의 문제해결: 전문가 지식 네트워크에 관한 사례연구, 지식경영연구, 6(2), 149-167.
- 김상수, & 김용우. (2000). 지식경영의 성공요인에 관한 실증적 연구. 경영학연구, 29(4), 585-616.
- 김재전, 조건, 조성도, 고준, 이상준, & 이길형. (2009). 중소기업의 정보시스템 도입과 실행과정에 대한 사례연구: 화천기공을 중심으로. 지식경영연구, 10(4), 185-207.
- 신선진, 공희경, & 고준. (2008). 지식관리시스템에서의 지식공유에 대한 영향요인과 성과간의 구조적 관계에 관한 연구. 지식경영연구, 9(2), 87-107.
- 연명흠, 한아름, & 천정은. (2009). 대학 그룹웨어의 UI 디자인 가이드라인 개발. Journal of Integrated Design Research, 8(2), 83-97.
- 유영만, & C&C, S. K. (1999). 지식경영과 지식관리시스템. 서울: KPI Publishing Co.
- 유일, 고준, 김재전, & 박성종. (2006). 지식경영시스템의 사용자 성과에 영향을 미치는 요인: 실행공동체 특성요인을 중심으로, 지식경영연구, 7(1), 31-47.
- 이충근, 이수용, & 이군희. (2013). Business Analytics 를 이용한 기업 지식관리시스템 구축사례 연구. 지식경영연구, 14(4), 137-149.
- 장영철, 이건창, & 강인원. (2008). 코레일 지식경영 활성화 사례. 지식경영연구, 9(4), 157-178.
- 장정주, & 고일상. (2007). 업무-KMS 적합이 KMS 성과에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구. 정보시스템연구, 16(1), 179-200.
- 정성윤, 김영진, 김태학, & 옥현. (2013). AHP를 이용한 건설인허가전자처리시스템 리뉴얼 핵심성공요인 분석. 한국정보과학회 2013 한국컴퓨터종합학술대회 논문집, 3-5.
- Anton, J. (2000). The past, present and future of customer access centers. International Journal of Service Industry Management, 11(2), 120-130. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564230010323534
- Anderson, A. (1995). The APQC 1996 The K nowle dge Ma nagement A ssessment Tool. Arthur Anderson and the American Productivity & Quality Center.
- Alavi, M. (1994). Computer-mediated collaborative learning: An empirical evaluation. MIS Quarterly, 159-174.
- Alavi, M., & Leidner, D. E. (2001). Review: Knowledge management and knowledge management systems : Conceptual foundations and research issues. MIS Quarterly, 107-136.
- Bailey, J. E., & Pearson, S. W. (1983). Development of a tool for measuring and analyzing computer user satisfaction. Management Science, 29(5), 530-545. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.29.5.530
- Belardo, S., Karwan, K. R., & Wallace, W. A. (1982, December). DSS component design through field experimentation: an application to emergency management. In Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Information Systems (Vol. 93).
- Bolisani, E., & Scarso, E. (1999). Information technology management: a knowledgebased perspective. Technovation, 19(4), 209-217. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0166-4972(98)00109-6
- Christodoulou, S. P., & Papatheodorou, T. S. (2005). Web Engineering Resources Portal (WEP): A Reference Model and Guide. Web Engineering, 31.
- Davenport, T. H., & Prusak, L. (1997). Information ecology : Mastering the information and knowledge environment. Oxford University Press.
- Davenport, T. H., De Long, D. W., & Beers, M. C. (1998). Successful knowledge management projects. MITS loan Management Review, 39(2), 43-57.
- Davenport, T. H., & Prusak, L. (1998). Working knowledge: How organizations manage what they know. Harvard Business Press.
- DeLone, W. H., & McLean, E. R. (1992). Information systems success: The quest for the dependent variable. Information Systems Research, 3(1), 60-95. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.3.1.60
- DeLone, W. H., & McLean, E. R. (2003). The DeLone and McLean model of information systems success: a ten-year update. Journal of Management Information Systems, 19(4), 9-30. https://doi.org/10.1080/07421222.2003.11045748
- Doll, W. J., & Torkzadeh, G. (1998). Developing a multidimensional measure of system-use in an organizational context. Information & Management, 33(4), 171-185. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(98)00028-7
- Drucker, Peter F.(1993), Post-Capitalist Society, New York, NY: Harper Press.
- Glazer, R. (1998). Measuring the knower: Towards a theory of knowledge equity. California Management Review, 40(3), 175-194. https://doi.org/10.2307/41165949
- Gold, A. H., & Arvind Malhotra, A. H. S. (2001). Knowledge management: An organizational capabilities perspective. Journal of Management Information Systems, 18(1), 185-214. https://doi.org/10.1080/07421222.2001.11045669
- Ives, B., Olson, M. H., & Baroudi, J. J. (1983). The measurement of user information satisfaction. Communications of the ACM, 26(10), 785-793. https://doi.org/10.1145/358413.358430
- Kim, Y., Krishnan, R., & Argote, L. (2012). The learning curve of IT knowledge workers in a computing call center, Information Systems Research, 23(3), 887-902. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.1110.0401
- King, W. R., & Epstein, B. J. (1983). Assessing information system value: An experimental study. Decision Sciences, 14(1), 34-45. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5915.1983.tb00167.x
- Lederer, A. L., Maupin, D. J., Sena, M. P., & Zhuang, Y. (2000). The technology acceptance model and the World Wide Web. Decision Support Systems, 29(3), 269-282. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-9236(00)00076-2
- Mahmood, M. A., & Medewitz, J. N. (1985). Impact of design methods on decision support systems success: an empirical assessment. Information & Management, 9(3), 137-151. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-7206(85)90010-2
- Mowery, D. C., Oxley, J. E., & Silverman, B. S. (1996). Strategic alliances and interfirm knowledge transfer. Strategic Management Journal, 17(S2), 77-91. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250171108
- O'dell, C., & Grayson, C. J. (1998). If only we knew what we know: Identification and transfer of internal best practices. California Management Review, 40(3), 154-174. https://doi.org/10.2307/41165948
- Pant, S., & Ravichandran, T. (2001). A framework for information systems planning for e-business. Logistics Information Management, 14(1/2), 85-99. https://doi.org/10.1108/09576050110362474
- Roth, G., Kleiner, A., James,, John,, & AW. (1998). Developing organizational memory through learning histories (pp. 123-144). Butterworth-Heinemann, Wobum, CA, USA.
- Sanchez, R., & Mahoney, J. T. (1996). Modularity, flexibility, and knowledge management in product and organization design. Strategic Management Journal, 17(S2), 63-76. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250171107
- Schein, E. H. (1996). Culture : The missing concept in organization studies. Administrative Science Quarterly, 41(2), 229-240. https://doi.org/10.2307/2393715
- Seddon, P. B. (1997). A respecification and extension of the DeLone and McLean model of IS success. Information Systems Research, 8(3), 240-253. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.8.3.240
- Srinivasan, A. (1985). Alternative measures of system effectiveness: associations and implications. MIS Quarterly, 9(3), 243-253. https://doi.org/10.2307/248951
- Standing, C. (2002). Methodologies for developing Web applications. Information and Software Technology, 44(3), 151-159. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0950-5849(02)00002-2
- Zack, M. H. (1999). Developing a knowledge strategy. California Management Review, 41(3), 125-145. https://doi.org/10.2307/41166000