- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of Milk Protein Intake and Band Exercise on Active Fitness and Metabolism Risk Factor of Elderly Women Through Convergence
융복합을 활용한 유단백 섭취와 탄성밴드운동이 고령여성의 활동체력 및 대사성 위험인자에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Sang-Yeob (Dept. of Physical Education, Sung Kyul University)
- 김상엽 (성결대학교 체육교육학과)
- Received : 2016.01.25
- Accepted : 2016.03.20
- Published : 2016.03.28
The purpose of this study is to examine the effect of milk protein intake and band exercise on active fitness and metabolism risk factor of elderly women for 8 weeks. The two groups were classified into one group(TG) with milk protein intake and band exercise both, and the other group(CG) that was controled. The group of TG was applied doing milk protein intake 3 times for a day, and doing band exercise 4 times for 60 minutes a week. The intensity of the exercise was RPE<17. Each measurement variable was measured before and after 8 weeks to investigate the effect. This study got the result with this step. First, TG has shown small interaction with active fitness. Second, TG has shown small interaction with metabolism risk factor. Therefore, this study gives us the positive result of the effect of milk protein intake and band exercise on active fitness and metabolism risk factor of elderly women for 8 weeks. However, it has limitation to verify effect of milk protein intake and band exercise.
Convergence;Milk protein;Band exercise;Active fitness;Metabolism risk factor;Elderly women
- Morley, J. E., Haren, M. T., Rolland, Y., Kim, M. J., Frailty, "Medical Clinics of North America", Vol. 90, No. 5, pp. 837-847, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mcna.2006.05.019
- World Health Organization, "Global atlas on cardiovascular disease prevention and control", 2011.
- Statistics Korea, "Annual report on the cause of death statistics", 2011.
- S. M. Lee, "The criteria index for physical fitness of daily living in Korea elderly women living in the rural community", Korea Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 44, No. 5, pp. 871-881, 2005.
- Visser, M., Bouter, L. M., McQuillan, G. M., Wener, M. H. & Harris, T. B, "Low-grade systemic inflammation in overweight children. Pediatrics", Vol. 107, No. 1, pp. 13, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.107.1.e13
- D. M. Lee, "Effect of Taekwondo training on left ventricular function and cardiovascular disease risk factor in hypertensive elderly women", Graduate of School, Dong-A University, 2012.
- S. Y. Kim, "Analysis of health status and habits and dietary intake of Korean by dyslipidemia in adult using 2001 Korean national health and nutrition examination survey data", Graduate School Dankook University, 2007.
- Bemben, D. A., Fetters, N. L., Bemben, M. G., Nabavi, N., Koh, E. T, "Musculo-skeletal responses to high and low intensity resistance training in early postmenopausal women", Med Sci Sports Exe, Vol. 32, pp. 1949-1957, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005768-200011000-00020
- Treuth, M. S., Ryan, A. S., Pratley, R. E., Rubin, M. A., Miller, J. P., Nicklas, B. J., Sorkin, J., Harman, S. M., Goldberg, A. P., & Hurley, B. F, "Effects of strength training on total and regional body composition in older men", Journal of Applied Physiology, Vol. 77, NO.2 pp. 614-620, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1152/jappl.19126.96.36.1994
- Morris, J. N., Everitt, M. G., Porrard, R, "Vigorous exercise in leisure time framingham study", Ann Inter, Vol. 85, 4pp. 47-459, 1990.
- Boreham, C., Twisk, J., & Savage, M, "Association between physical fitness and activity patterns during adolescence and cardiovascular risk factors in young adulthood", Int. J. Sports Med, Suppl, Vol. 1, pp. 22-26, 2002.
- Piao, Jing Zhu, "Development of diet for osteoporosis and anti-obesity by supplementation of medicinal herbs with milk proteins", Graduate School Chonbuk National University, 2010.
- M. H. Lee, "Milk power", Good present, 2004.
- H. S. Jang, "Effects of the physical activity education program on the fall-related physical fitness in the old women", Graduate school of industry and engineering Seoul National University of Science and Technology, 2011.
- Scott, J. S., Ann, M. S. & Susan, E. C, "Ambulatory physical activity profiles of older adults", Journal Aging Phys. Act, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 46-56, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1123/japa.17.1.46
- Cobin, C. B., Lindsey, R., & Welk, G. J, "Concepts of fitness and wellness: A comprehensive lifestyle approach(3rd)", St. Louis: McGraw Hill Higher Education, 2001.
- Leaf, D. A., & Reuben, D. B, "Lifestyle interventions for promoting physical activity: a kilocalorie expenditure-based home feasibility study", Am. Jour. Med Sci, Vol. 312, No. 2, pp. 68-75, 1996.
- Hiroshi, N., Yasuo, K., Mieko, S., Naoki, N., Mamoru, N., Masaharu, O., Hideo, M., Takafumi, H., & Yutaka, Y, "Relationship between daily steps and physical fitness in community-dwelling eldery. Japan Science, Vol. 57, pp. 151-162. 2008.
- Esmark B., Andersen J. L., Olsen S., Richter E. A., Mizuno M., Kjaer M., "Timing of post exercise protein intake is important for muscle hypertrophy with resistance training in elderly humans", Journal of Physiology, Vol. 1, pp. 301-311, 2001.
- Evans W. J, "Protein Nutrition. Exercise and Aging", Journal of the American College of Nutrition, Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 601-609, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1080/07315724.2004.10719430
- Kerksick C. M., Leutholtz B, "Nutrient administration and resistance training", Journal of the American College of Nutrition, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 50-67, 2005.
- Willoughby, D. S., Stout, J. R., & Wilborn, C. D, "Effects of resistance training and protein plus amino acid supplementation on muscle anabolism, mass and strength", Amino Acids, Vol. 32, pp. 467-477. 2006.
- Taylor, A. H., Cable, N. T., Faulkner, G., Hillsdon, M., Narici, M. & Van Der Bij, A. K, "Physical activity and older adults: a review of health benefits and effectiveness of interventions", Journal of Sports Sciences, Vol. 22, No. 8, pp. 713-725, 2004.
- James, R., & Phelps, M. D, "Physical activity and health maintenance exactly what is known", Western Journal of Medicine, Vol. 146, No. 2, pp. 200-206, 1987.
- Drurstine, J. L., Grandjean, P. W., Davis, P. G., Ferguson, M. A., Anderson, N. L., & Duboss, K. D, "Blood lipid and lipoprotein adaptation to exercise: a quantitative analysis", Sports Medicine, Vol. 31, No. 15, pp. 1033-1062, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-200131150-00002
- C. S. Kim, "The effects of combined exercise on body composition, blood lipid, atherogenic index and health fitness in elderly aged women", Graduate school Chonnam National University, 2011.
- Y. J. Hwang, "Dietary Supplements use by Korean elderly: nutritional status and usage patterns", Graduate School Ewha Womans University, 2005.
- Hye-Jung Choi, Soon-Gi Back, "A Study on Depressive disposition by Convergence approach of Leisure History and Family situation in Elderly Women", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 295-302, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.295
- Jin-Kyoung Park, "Convergence factors among their physical state, function and activities influencing on the cognition of elderly residents in a community", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 153-162, 2015.