- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The relationships among smartphone use, mental health and physical health - Focusing on smartphone users' attitudes
스마트폰 사용과 정신건강 및 신체건강 간의 관계 -스마트폰 사용자의 태도를 중심으로
- Kang, Hye-Ja (Dept. of Psychology, Jeonbuk National University)
- 강혜자 (전북대학교 심리학과)
- Received : 2016.02.16
- Accepted : 2016.03.20
- Published : 2016.03.28
This study was conducted to examine the relationships among smartphone use, mental health and physical health by focusing smartphone users' attitudes. For this purpose, 129 college students were asked to complete the questionnaires which contained measures of smartphone use, mental health and physical health. The results of data analysis showed that the positive correlations among smartphone use scores, physical and mental symptoms were significant. The importance of adaptive using smartphone for health was emphasized. Finally, limitations and suggestions of this study were discussed.
Smartphone;Smartphone addiction;Mental health;Physical health;Intention to decrease using smartphone
Supported by : 전북대학교
- DOI: http://etnews.com/20160223000229.
- Y. M. Park, "A study on adults' smartphone addiction and mental health", Sanji University master's degree in claim, 2011.
- H. S. Choi, H. K. Lee, & J. C. Ha, "The influence of smartphone addiction on mental health, campus life and personal relations - Focusing on K university students. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society", Vol. 23, No. 5, pp. 1005-1015.
- M. Jeon. "Effects of communication apprehension and depressive vulnerability on college students' smartphone overuse", Jeonju University master's degree in claim, 2011.
- B. Y. Kim. "The correlations among highschool students' internet game addiction, smartphone addiction, the lack of sleep and stress", Sahmyook University master's degree in claim, 2012.
- H. O. Jo, "Differences in middle school students' self-esteem, impulsiveness and perceived stress according to level of smartphone addiction,", Keimyung University master's degree in claim, 2012.
- S. H. Jang, & K. D. Cho, "Effects of depression scale, interaction anxiety and sdjustment on cellular phone addiction of teenagers. JKCA", No. 285, pp. 285-293, 2010.
- E. H. Son, "Research on awareness and prevention of smartphone addiction.", Chungang University master's degree in claim, 2012.
- KISA, "Research on the wireless internet using." 2012.
- J. S. Park, The variables in influencing on smartphone addiction in adolescents and college students.", Dankook University master's degree in claim, 2012.
- Y. J. Lee, "Smartphone dependency type's impacts on addiction degrees and daily life." Chonnam University master's degree in claim, 2013.
- S. J. Lee, "Exploration and verification of risk factors on smartphone addiction focused on personal and use motivation." Gyeongsang University master's degree in claim, 2013.
- K. H. Hwang, Y. S. Yoo. O. H. Cho, "Smartphone overuse and upper extremity pain, anxiety, depression and interpersonal relationships anomg college students." JKCA, pp. 365-375.
- H. S. Hwang, S. H. Sohn, Y. J. Choi, "Exploring factors affecting smartphone addiction -characteristics of users and functional attributes. Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication studies." Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 277-313.
- H. J. Han. " The effects of smartphone addiction on mental health and physical health in college students." Catholic University of Daegu master's degree in claim, 2015.
- Sang-Min, Jun, "Longitudinal Relationship between Addictive Use of Mobile Phones and Learning Activities for Elementary School Students : Multiple and Complex Group Analysis across Gender", Journal of digital Convergence , Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 267-279, 2015.
- Kyung-A Jung, Bong-Whan Kim, "The Differences of the Ego-Resilience and Disagreement in Parents' Rearing Attitude according to the Levels of the Smartphone Addiction of Adolescents", Journal of digital Convergence , Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 299-308, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.299
- Hyo-Jung Kim, Jong-Youn Rha, "Is Smartphone Smart for Everybody? A Study of Smartphone User Typology", Journal of digital Convergence , Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 37-47, 2015.
- Myung-Seong Yim, "Smart Paradox: An Effect of Mobile Instant Messengers", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 7-13, 2012.
- Seung-Ock Jang, Ho-Sun Jeon, "A Study on the Condition of Prevention System and Convergence Policy for Smart Media Addiction", Journal of digital Convergence , Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 33-41, 2015.
- A Convergence Study the Effect of College Students' Parent-Son/Daughter Communication on Addiction to Smartphones : Focused on the Mediated Effect of Stress Level, Self-Control and Self-Efficacy vol.7, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.163
- A Study on the Relation between Adolescent's Emotional Problems, Smart phone Dependency and School Life Adjustment -from a perspective of choice theory- vol.7, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.5.263