- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effects of Convergence Factors of Life Habits and Skin Dryness
생활습관의 복합적 요인이 피부 건조함에 미치는 영향
- Kwon, Hye-Jin (Dep. of Chemical Engineering, Soongsil University) ;
- Park, Jang-Soon (Dep. of Beauty Art, Songwon University)
- Received : 2016.02.01
- Accepted : 2016.03.20
- Published : 2016.03.28
This study attempted to solve daily inconveniences and propose a direction for healthy skin care after investigating eating habits, preferred food and shower frequency and analyzing the relationship between these living habits and perceived skin dryness among adult men in their 30-40s who are suffering from pruritus due to dry skin. Most respondents revealed a high level of inconvenience in their daily lives because of dry skin. According to analysis of the correlation between these life habits and skin dryness, they had an effect on skin dryness in most categories of eating habits, preferred food and shower frequency. In particular, as the amount of smoking or preference for sweet food increased, skin dryness became more serious. Therefore, it appears it would be important to control the intake of preferred food and have healthy eating habits in that eating habits and smoking are correlated with skin health, and skin health is an indicator of physical health.
Skin Dryness;Eating habits;Food preferences;Shower habits;Living habits;Pruritus
- M. H. Ha, E. H. Suh, "A Comparative Study on the Facial Health Condition of the Skin Care Clients in Pusan, Masan and Chinju Applied Jounal of The Korean Society of cosmetology", Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 457-470, 2000.
- M. Y. Yang, K. H. Suh, "The Relationship between Sleep Pattern, Eating Habit, and the Perceived Skin Health among Female Adults Applied Jounal of Korean Society For Health Education And Promotion", Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 11-12, 2009.
- Statistics Korea : http://kostat.go.kr/portal/korea/index.action
- National Health Insurance Service : http://www.nhis.or.kr/retrieveHomeMain.xx
- Mi-Ryeong Kim, "Cognition and attitude on the skin health and change after application of skin care in middle-aged men. Ph..D. dissertation" pp. 4-16, Inje Univ. 2012.
- Jeong-Hwa An, "A Study on the Effects of Skin Care in Female on Self-Esteem", Master of Hansung Univ. 2011.
- Min-Hee Kim, "A study on the pattern of men's cosmetic use and related factors", Master of Dongduk Univ. 2012.
- Dong-Won Kim, "Wheelchair tennis has ever fusion of classroom participation of the physically disabled basic psychological needs and exercise emotional and exercise commitment Applied Journal of the Korea Convergence Society", Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 15-23, 2015.
- Soon-Gi Back, "Effects of Using Prop for Convergence Pilates Met Exercise on the Immunoglobulin in Middle-aged Women Applied Journal of the Korea Convergence Society", Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 329-336, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.329
- Yea-Lim Cho, "A Study on the Facial Skin Conditions of Fluid Intakes and Life Styles of Adults" Master of Gachon Univ. 2012.
- J, B. Smith, N. A. Fenske, " Cutaneous manifestations and consequences of smoking Applied Jounal of JAAD", Vol 34, No. 5, pp. 717-732, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0190-9622(96)90003-1
- Hyun-Sil Lee, " A Study on Men's Purchasing Pattern of Cosmetics", Master of Sookmyung Women's Univ. 2010.
- Mi-Lim Lee, "The Effect on Bath-Therapy for Health Promotion by Physiological Index and Health Behavior of User. Ph.D. dissertation", pp. 4-16, Kosin Univ. 2007.
- S. I. Choi, N. R. Im, H. S. Bae, "Food Intake, Blood Lipid Concentration by Skin Types of Women in 20s Applied Jounal of Aesthetic Society", Vol. 9, pp. 35-42. 2011.
- Do-Hee Lee, "The Effect of (Chunneyonho) Opunita Humifusa extract on the Atopy skin condition", Master of Seokyeong Univ. 2011.
- Ji-Hye Lim, "A study on female students' satisfactory level of outlook on self-esteem and school adjustment", Master of Myongj Univ. 2011.
- Kyung-Hee Baek, "The effects of the mineral oil on the skin under cast for the relief of skin dryness and pruritus", Master of Keimyung Univ. 2003.
- Mi-Suk Sin, "A study on the results of the improvement of acne symptoms when oriental medicine is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders versus standard acne treatment", Master of Chung-Ang Univ. 2009.
- Ju-Youn Kim, "Research on dietary habits and blood composition of female college students and the effect of foot reflexology on relieving premenstrual syndrome. Ph..D. dissertation" pp. 4-16, Sungsin Women's Univ. 2006.
- Seo-Yeon Park, "Comparison of the Improvement in Keratosis Pilaris of Seaweeds Peeling and Glycolic Acid Peeling", Master of Chung-Ang Univ. 2014.
- Joung-Hwa Yoo, "Effect of Curcumin and Spicule on the Improvement of the Keratosis Pilaris", Master of Konkuk Univ. 2013.
- Hea-Won Shin, "The Effects of Retinol on the Keratosis pilaris" Master of Konkuk Univ. 2009.
- Ji-Young Kang "The influence of young women's dietary habit upon skin health", Master of Sungsin Women's Univ. 2013.
- Bong-seon Park, "A Study on the Relationship between Women's Lifestyle and Facial Skin Health Condition Ph..D. dissertation" pp. 6-13, Keimyung Univ. 2012.
- M. R. Park, K. S. Lee, J. H. Jang, "Effects of dietary habits and body composition on skin type Applied Jounal of The Korean Society of cosmetology", Vol. 7, No. 1, pp.193-201, 2001.
- H. Hachisuka, T. Ohara, K. Ikeda, "New type asymmetric membranes having almost defect free hyper-thin skin layer and sponge like porous matrix. Applied Jounal of The Membrance Science", Vol. 116, pp.120-125, 1996.
- A. R. Sohn, S. D. Ko, "Drinking Behavior and Factors that Affect Problem Drinking among Korean Female High-School Students Applied Jounal of Korean Alcohol Science", Vol. 12, No. 2, pp.155-162, 2011.
- M. G. Choi, M. S. Chang, "Research Paper : A Comparison of Lifestyle, Health, Facial Skin Care & Conditions According to Smoking Habits Applied Jounal of Korean Society of cosmetology", Vol. 18, No. 5, pp.1166-1181, 2012.
- Su-Kyung Hong, Min-Kyung Kim, "Female college students' interests in make-up according to recognition types of them", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 525-533, 2015.
- Wan-Goo Cho, "Application of Nanoemulsions upon Type of Cosmetic Oils for Convergence Type of Cosmetics", Journal of digital Convergence , Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 369-375, 2015.
- Wan-Goo Cho, "Application of Stable o/w Nanoemulsions with Skin Depigmenting Agent for Integration Type of Cosmetics", Journal of digital Convergence , Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 417-423, 2015.
- Jie-Ha Lee, Ji-Hang Lee, "Convergence Study on Health Risk Behavior among Korean College Students: Seoul vs. Non-Seoul Area", Journal of digital Convergence , Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 345-356, 2015.
- Hyun-Sook Kang, Mi-Hwa Jang, "The relationships among Dietary Behaviors, Life styles and Perceived Physical Health Status of Female Middle Students", Journal of digital Convergence , Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 287-296, 2015.
- Pum-Ho, Kim Sung-Bum, Ju, Jong-Ho, Choo, "The body image of women participants in the convergence Walking impact on the psychological dimension happiness from the interdisciplinary perspective", Journal of digital Convergence , Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 317-325, 2015.
- Hye-Kyun Kim, "A Study on the Convergence Marketing of Pursuing Value and Beauty Service in Accordance with Men's Acceptance of Information about Beauty Care", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 569-578, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.10.569