- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Relationship between Instructor's Attractiveness Perceived by Pilates Participants, Pilates Flow and Passion
필라테스 참가자들이 인식하는 지도자의 매력성과 필라테스 몰입 및 열정의 관계
- Roh, Su-Yeon (Gachon University)
- 노수연 (가천대학교)
- Received : 2016.01.25
- Accepted : 2016.03.20
- Published : 2016.03.28
This study examines how instructor's attractiveness perceived by pilates participants affects participants' flow and passion. The subjects for this study were 214 participants who participated in pilates in Seoul. The reliability and validity test of the questionnaire were conducted by using SPSS & AMOS Window 18.0 program; the results of descriptive analysis, factor analysis, correlation analysis, structural equation model are as follows; First, the instructors' attractiveness affects pilates participants' flow. Second, the instructors' attractiveness has influence on the participants' passion. Third, pilates participants' flow affects their passion. Lastly there is a causal relationship between instructors' attractiveness, flow and passion of pilates participants.
- Soon-Gi Back, "Effects of Using Prop for Convergence Pilates Met Exercise on the Immunoglobulin in Middle-aged Women", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 329-336, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.329
- Kyung Hee Ko, Jae Hyung Sung, "Sport philosophy: Balance between body and spirit through pilates." Philosophy of Movement, Vol. 17, No. 2, 2009.
- E. M. Joseph, C. Simona, "Pilates and the powerhouse. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies." Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 122-130 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1360-8592(03)00058-5
- J. H. Pilates, W. J. Miller, "Return to life through contrology." Boston: Christopher Publishing House, 2012.
- So-young Yim, "The effect of pilates on physical fitness and body composition in elementary school students." Graduate School of Chosun University, 2008.
- Su Yeon Roh, "The influence of attraction of pilates instructors on exercise passion and adherence of pilates participants." The Korean Journal of Sports Sciences, Vol. 24 No. 2, pp. 279-290, 2015.
- Hyun-a Choi, "The influence of instructor's attractiveness in sport centers on basic psychological needs of participants." Graduate School of Korea University, 2013.
- M, J, Baker, G. A. Churchil, Jr., "The impact of physically attractive model on advertising evaluation." Journal of Marketing Research, 14(November), 1997.
- Jeong-hwan Park, "The effects of sports leaders' attractiveness on professional identity, service quality satisfaction and buying behavior." Graduate school of Keimyung University, 2009.
- Myeong-soo Jung, Soo-kyeong Na, "The relationship between professional recognition and service quality of sports instructor' attractiveness." The Korean Journal of Sports Sciences, Vol. 20 No. 6, pp. 841-854, 2011.
- M. Csikszentmihalyi, "Beyond boredom and anxiety." San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1975.
- Ju-yeon Lee, "A study on the influence of women golfer's participation in pilates on flow and exercise performance ability." Dance Research Journal of Korea, Vol. 13, No. 2 pp. 1-8, 2013.
- Hyeonok Oh, "Effects of exercise capacity on exercise flow and exercise addiction in pilates and yoga participants." The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 49, No. 6, pp. 139-148 2010.
- R J. Vallerand, C M. Blanchard, G A. Mageau, R. Koestner, C, F. Ratelle, M. Leonard, M. Gagne, J. Marsolais, "Les passion de l'ame: On obsessive and harmonious passion." Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 85, No. 4, pp. 756-767, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.526
- R J. Vallerand, "On passion for life activities: The dualistic model of passion." Advances in Experimental Social Psychology, Vol. 42, pp. 97-193, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0065-2601(10)42003-1
- A. S. Tan, "Mass Communication. Theories and Research." New york: John wiley sons. Inc., 1985.
- T. K. Scanlan, "Social Psychological aspects of competition for male youth sports participations: Predictors of enjoyment." Journal of sport psychology, Vol. 8, pp. 25-35, 1993.
- Yong Gak Jung, "Validity verification of sport commitment behavior scale." Korean Journal of Sport Psychology, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 1-22, 2004.
- Jin Yoo, Kon Nym Chung, "Analysis of the dualistic passion model in dance." Korean Journal of Sport Psychology, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 163-175, 2008.
- R. B. Kline, "Principles and practice of structural equation modeling." New York: Guilford Press, 2005.
- Gye-Su Kim, "Structure Equation model." Seoul: Suk Jeong Publication. 2003.
- Mi-na Hong, "The effect of communication styles and nonverbal communication factors on a service provider's evaluation: Analysis of the moderating effect of service types." Graduate School of Kyeonggi University, 2007.
- Woo-ryeong Kim, "Communication research methods." Nanam Publication, 2007.
- T. N. Bauer, S. G. Green, "Development of leader-member exchange: A longitudinal test." Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 39, pp.1538-1567, 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/257068
- D, Antonioni, H. Park, "The effects of personality similarity on peer ratings of contextual work behaviors." Personnel Psychology, Vol. 54, pp.331-360, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.2001.tb00095.x
- E. M. Engle, R. G. Lord, "Implicit Theories, self-sachems, and leader-member exchange." Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 40, pp.988-1010, 1997. https://doi.org/10.2307/256956
- Chang Hoon Seong, Tae Hyung Kim, Seung Joon Yoo, Ma Ri Choi, Sang Hyuk Park, "The relationship between coach-athlete fit and psychological needs satisfaction." Korean Society of Sport Psychology, Vol. 22 No. 2, pp. 187-200, 2011.
- A. B. Bakker, "Flow among music teachers and their students: The crossover of peak experience." Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol. 66, pp. 22-44, 2005.
- Kunmi Lee, "The effects of the attraction of dance educators perceived by dance major students at universities on their dance flow and passion," Journal of Korean Physical Education Association for Girls and Women, Vol. 29 No. 1, pp. 29-44, 2015.
- Hong Sik Cho, "A study on structural relations between the teaching enthusiasm of physical education teachers and the subject interest and learning flow of students." Korean Journal of Sport Pedagogy, Vol. 20 No. 2, pp. 116-134, 2013.
- Min Kyung Back, "The relationships among the perceived motivational climates, achievement goal orientation and the dance passion of the dance majoring college students." Journal of Korean Dance, Vol. 29, No. 2. pp. 165-182, 2011. https://doi.org/10.15726/jkd.2011.29.2.008
- Sang-Yoon Park, Jin-Kee Park, "The relationships between exercise passion, exercise flow and intention to exercise adherence of silver generation females." The Korean Journal of Sports Sciences, Vol. 22 No. 6, pp. 163-175, 2013.
- Jeoung-Hak Lee, Chul-ho Bum, Wook-ki Kim, "The relationship of exercise passion, exercise flow and psychological happiness of golf participants." The Korean Journal of Sports Sciences, Vol. 24 No. 3 pp. 491-501, 2015.
- Wook Han Kim, Bong Yi, "A structural relation among the participation motive, exercise passion, exercise commitment and exercise adherence of people participating into the golf." The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 54 No. 2, pp. 137-148, 2015.
- Dong-Won Kim, "Wheelchair tennis has ever fusion of classroom participation of the physically disabled basic psychological needs and exercise emotional and exercise commitment", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 15-23, 2015.
- Je eun Shim, "Verification of self-identity, passion, organization flow and subjected well-being on private security workers with SEM." Graduate School of Kyonggi University, 2012.
- A Study on the Influence of Flow on Online Community Satisfaction: Focusing on the Mediating Role of Social Capital vol.14, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.171
- The Influence of Professionalism of Pilates Instructors on Attractiveness of Instructors and Adherence of Pilates Participants vol.14, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.507