- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Convergent Study on the Design and Technology for the Production of Turn Signals for Personal Mobility Devices Using Gyroscope Sensors
퍼스널 모빌리티 제품용 자이로스코프 센서를 이용한 방향지시등 제작을 위한 디자인과 기술에 관한 융복합 연구
- Kang, Hee-Ra (Dept. of Visual Communication Design, INHA University)
- 강희라 (인하대학교 시각정보디자인전공)
- Received : 2016.01.28
- Accepted : 2016.03.20
- Published : 2016.03.28
As the five-day workweek has been implemented in Korea many people are focusing their attention on hobbies, leisure activities or camping to enjoy the weekend. Recently many workers are purchasing personal mobility devices for commute, due to the launch of cheap personal mobility devices by Xiaomi. Under such circumstances, this study aimed to develop turn signals by using gyroscope sensors for safe use of personal mobility devices or for leisure activities. This study focused on previous cases of turn signal production for the safety during leisure activities or for personal mobility devices and analyzed their cases and identified problems. This study further presented an alternative design to overcome such problems and to develop turn signals for the safety of users. This is ring shape and included LED and then it expresses user's direction for backside. This study is one of the solution for safety of personal mobility product user.
Turn Signal;Personal Mobility Product;Leisure Sports;Gyroscope Sensor;MCU;Digital Convergence
- Thomas Sanford, MD1; Charles E. McCulloch, PhD2; Rachael A. Callcut3; Peter R. Carroll, MD, MPH1; Benjamin N. Breyer, MD, MAS1, "Bicycle Trauma Injuries and Hospital Admissions in the United States". JAMA Vol 314, No.9. September 1, 2015.
- Tom lgoe, "Making Things Talk 2nd Edition", O'REILLY. 2011.
- Marshall McLuhan, "Understanging Media", ComuunicationBook, Inc. 2008.
- Marshall McLuhan, "The Medium is the Message", Gingko Press, Inc. 2001.
- Victor Papanek, "Desing for the Real World", Mijinsa, Inc. 2009.
- Itzhak Bentov, "A Brief tour of higher consciousness", Inner World, Co. 2000.
- Serge Moscovici, "Social Influence and Social Change", Puriwa Ipari Publishing, Co. 2010.
- Kim Yung Yong, "Interactive Meda and Playing", ComuunicationBook, Inc. 2007.
- Adrian McEwen.Hakim Cassimally, "Designing the internet of things", John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2013.
- Connecting Lab, "IoT", Window of Future, Inc. 2014.
- Tom lgoe, "Making Things Talk", O'REILLY. 2007.
- John-David Warren.Josh Adams.Harald Molle, "Arduino Robotics", Apress 2011.
- Seong-Hoon Lee, "Actual Cases and Analysis of IT Convergence for Green IT", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 147-152, 2015.
- Gab-Sang Ryu, "Development of Educational Model for ICT-based Convergence Expert", the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 75-80, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.075
- Richard Buchanan, "Design Research and the New Learning", Design Issue:Volume17. 2001.