- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Structural Relationships Between College Student's Altruistic Behavior and Related Variables in the Times of Convergence
융복합 시대의 대학생의 이타행동과 관련변인들의 구조적 관계 분석
- Chang, Yong-Hee (Dept. of Education, ChungBuk National Univ.) ;
- Lee, Jae-Shin (Dept. of Education, ChungBuk National Univ.)
- Received : 2016.01.14
- Accepted : 2016.03.20
- Published : 2016.03.28
The purpose of this study was to examine the mediating effect of moral elevation and self control on the relationship between moral identity, character strengths, family strengths, and altruistic behavior in the times of convergence. The collected data were analyzed by SEM. The results of this study were as follows: First, moral self has indirect effect on altruistic behavior through moral elevation and self control in turn, and character strengths, have indirect effect on altruistic behavior through moral elevation and self control and moral elevation, self control in turn, and family strengths have indirect effect on altruistic behavior through self control. Second, it was found that there was a significant gender difference in the structural weights of character strengths and moral elevation.
moral identity;character strengths;family strengths;moral elevation;self control;altruistic behavior;gender difference
- Chung Aang Daily News: Edgar, M, Individuals can't leave the community, p.15, 2001.
- J. R. Ko, "The relationship analysis of young children's community consciousness, emotional intelligence, prosocial behavior". Early Childhood Education & Care, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 97-125, 2014.
- Myers, D. G, "The funds, friends, and faith of happy people. American Psychologist". Vol. 55, No. 1, pp. 56-67, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.55.1.56
- Rimland, B. B, "The altruism paradox. Psychological Reports", Vol. 51, No. 2, pp. 521-522, 1982. https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.1922.214.171.1241
- Pipher, M, "Saving the saves of adolescent Authentic". Seoul: MunHakDongne, 1999.
- McAdams, D.P.,Hart, Maruna, S, The anatomy of generativity. In D.P. McAdams, E. de St. Aubin(Eds.), Generativity and adult development: "How and why we care for the next generation". Washington, DC: APA Press, 1998.
- M. J. Song, "Developmental Psychology". Seoul: Hakgisa, 1995.
- Batson, C.D, "Altruism and Prosocial behavior. Handbook of social psychology", No.1, pp.282-316, 1998.
- Shaffer, D. R, "Social and personality development. Australia": Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, 2000.
- K. A. Min, "Relationship with empathy, guilt, gratitude, moral judgment and altruistic behavior". MA. dissertation, Hannam University. 2014.
- J. Y. Lee, "Children's differences in altruistic behavior, affect toward Handicap and contact-willingness according to integrated education experience and level of knowledge about Handicap". MA. dissertation, Kemyung University. 2003.
- M. Y. Joo. "Effects of CEP on care and disability acceptance attitude and altruistic behavior for the elementary school students". MA. dissertation, Pusan University. 2014.
- Blasi, Moral Identity: Its role in moral functioning, W. Kurtines & J. Gewirtz(eds.), "Morality, moral behavior and moral development", New York, Wiley, 1984.
- Berkowitz, The science of character education, W. Damon, "Bringing in a new era in character education", Stanford, Hoover Press. 2002.
- Seligman, M.EP, "Authentic happiness": New York: Free Press. 2002
- Peterson, C., & Seligman, M. E. P, "Character strengths and virtues": A handbook and classification. Oxford University Press/Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. 2004.
- Y. J. Rim, "Influence of character strengths and a strengths-based positive psychotherapy on happiness". Ph. D dissertation, Seoul university. 2010.
- S. W. Lee, "Effects of Positive Attitude of Laughter Recreation Convergence Education on Psychological Happiness", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 37-49, 2015.
- Stinnett, N., & DeFrain. J, "The healthy family: Is It possible?" In M.J.Fine(Ed.), The second handbook on parent education, 53-74. London: Academic Press. 1989.
- Fabes, R.A, Eisenberg, N. & Miller, P.A. "Masternal correlations. Developmental Psychology", 26, pp. 639-348, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1037/0012-16126.96.36.1999
- M. S. Oh, "A study on the Effects of Parenting Attitudes on School Adjustment in Middle School Students," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 197-203, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.197
- Schnall, S., Roper, J., & Fessler, M. T. "Elevation leads to altruistic behavior". Psychological science, Vol. No.21, 3, pp. 315-320, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1177/0956797609359882
- H. S. Shin, "The relationships among elementary school student's character strengths, subjective happiness and school adjustment". MA. dissertation, Kemyung University. 2011.
- M. O. Seo, "The pathways to moral behavior in an undergraduates: Based on the Rest's Four component model". Korean journal of education research, Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 25-51, 2007.
- Rest, F. C, Morality. In J,H, Flavell,, E. M. Markman(Eds.), Handbook of child psychology: "Cognitive development". Vol 3. NY: John Willy & Sons, 1983
- J. H. Kim, "The Mediating Effects of Self-control and health promotion life style in a relationship between the stress of college life adaptation", MA. dissertation, Ewha women's University. 2012.
- H. S. Jang, "Female Psychology". Seoul: Pakyoungsa, 2002.
- Eisenberg, N, "Altruistic emotion, cognition and behavior". Hillsdale. NJ: Erlbaum. 1986.
- H. J. Won, "Study on the moral self and the moral action choice". MA. dissertation, Seoul University. 1999.
- S. M. Kewon, "Positive Psychology", Seoul: Hakjisa, 2009.
- Y. J. Yoo, "A study on the development of family welfare program for strengthening family life-special reference to family", Korean Home Management Association, 1991
- J. H. Choi, "The effects of the Music Therapy on impulsiveness and self-control of children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder", MA. dissertation, Daegu University of Edu, 2005.
- Davidson, J, "Engagement with beauty: Appreciating natural, altruistic, and moral beauty". Journal of Psychology. Vol. 142, No.3, pp.303-329, 2008. https://doi.org/10.3200/JRLP.142.3.303-332
- M.A. Kim, "Effect of moral emotion on helping behavior and subjective wellbeing: as mediating helping behavior, MA. dissertation", Youngnam University. 2010
- H. S. Jung, "study on the self-control and the delinquency opportunity of the delinquency adolescents and the normal adolescents", MA. dissertation, Seoul Women's University. 1995
- H. Y. Park, "Perceived maternal discipline style and self-control of their adolescent children", MA. dissertation, Jeonnam University. 2004
- Bal-Tal, D., Raviv, A, "Consistency of helping behavior measures". child Development, 50, pp. 1235-1238, 1979 https://doi.org/10.2307/1129357
- S. J. Lee, "The effects of loving-kindness and compassion meditation: altruism and well-being", Ph. D, Aju University. 2014
- Schwartz, S. H, "Normative influences on altruism". In L. Berkowitz(Ed.), Advances in experimental social psychology, 10, New York: Academic Press, 2000.
- Eisenberg, N, "Emotion, regulation, and moral development". Annual Review of Psychology, 51, pp. 665-697, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.psych.51.1.665
- Roberts, W., & Strayer, J., "Empathy, Emotional Expressiveness, and Prosocial Behavior". child development, Vol. 67, No. 2, pp. 449-470, 1995.
- Tangney, J. P., "High self-control predicts good adjustment, less pathology, better grades, and interpersonal success". Journal of personality, Vol. 72, No. 2, pp. 271-324, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.0022-3506.2004.00263.x
- S. H. Hong, "The relationship among peer support, family strength and self-control in high", Korean Home Economics education association, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 79-91, 2013.
- K. H. Lee, "The structural relationships among attachment, emotional intelligence, career decision making self-efficacy, and career decision making university students", Ph. D. Dankuk University. 2008
- The Effect of Internet Usage, Fandom Activities and Sense of Community on Adolescents' Mental Health in the Digital Era vol.14, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.349