- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effects of Neurofeedback training on Life Stress and Depression in Female college students
뉴로피드백 훈련이 일부 여대생들의 생활 스트레스와 우울에 미치는 영향에 대한 융복합 연구
- Kim, Ji-Hoon (Dept. of Occupational Therapy, Gimcheon University) ;
- Park, Eui-Jung (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Youngnam Foreign Language College) ;
- Oh, Na-rae (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Youngnam Foreign Language College)
- Received : 2015.11.26
- Accepted : 2016.03.20
- Published : 2016.03.28
This Convergence study aimed to investigate the effects of changing brainwave neurofeedback training on life stress and depression in female college students. Twenty-six of the subjects were selected into the experimental group and the control group respectively intervention for 8 weeks, the following results were obtained. First, experimental group and control group presented statistical significant difference before and after intervention on life stress, and life stress in experimental group was statistical significantly decreased than control group. Second, experimental group and control group presented statistical significant difference before and after intervention on depression, and depression in experimental group was statistically significantly decreased than control group. The results obtained from this study expect us that applying the neurofeedback training for the decrease of life stress and depression, has a positive effect.
Convergence;College students;Neurofeedback training;Life stress;Depression
- So-Young Kim, "The effects of self-concept on daily stress for college students. Applied Andragogy", Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 47-67, 2014.
- Sook-Jeong Lee, Ye Jong Lee, "Research on the actual condition of career decision-making self-efficacy . career decision level and career preparation behavior on Department of Dental Hygiene, K university, Applied Journal of the Korea Convergence Society", Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 27-32, 2012.
- Kon-Hee Kim, "Correlation of stress-coping, humor sense, and adaptation to college of baccalaureate nursing students. Applied Journal of the Korea Contents Association", Vol. 14, No, 3, pp. 301-313, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.03.301
- Hyun-Suk Lee, Seung-Hee Kim, "Factors affecting job finding stress of university students majoring public health administration. Applied The Korean Journal of Health Service Management", Vol. 5, No, 3. pp. 89-100. 2011. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2011.5.3.089
- Yeoung-Suk, Song, "Stressful life events and quality of life in nursing students. Applied Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education", Vol. 18, No, 1, pp. 71-80, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.1.071
- Yun-Jeong Kim, "Type of coping with stress of nursung students, Applied Journal of the Korea Convergence Society", Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 29-39, 2014.
- Hyo-Jin, Choi, Eun-Joo Lee, "Mediation effects of self-efficacy between academic stress and college adjustment in first year nursing students. Applied Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing", Vol. 19, No, 2, pp. 261-268. 2012. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.2.261
- Myoung-Hee Kum, Young-Mee Kang, Hye-Kyung Kim, Hyun-Sook Jung, Mi-Yeoun Han, "Study on brain function enhancement and the effects of stress reduction through neuro-feedback training on nursing students of Busan. Applied The Korean Journal of Health Service Management", Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 111-119, 2012.
- L, Magnussen, M. J. Amundson, "Undergraduate nursing student experience. Applied Nursing and Health Science", Vol. 5, No. 4, 261-267, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1442-2018.2003.00158.x
- Dae-Sik, Ko, So-Yeon, Ryu, Dae-In, Jung, Mee-Jung, Kim, "Differences between depression and life stress in exercise behavior change stage of some female college students. Applied The Journal of Digital Policy & Management", Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 395-404, 2013.
- B. L. Hankin, L. Y. Abramson, T. E. Mofitt, P. A. Silva, R. McGee, & K. E. Angell, "Development of depression from preadolescent to young adulthood: emerging gender difference in a 10 year longitudinal study. Applied Journal of Abnormal Psychology", Vol. 107, No. 1, pp. 128-140, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-843X.107.1.128
- Su-Jeong Yu, Mi-Ryeong, Song, Eun-Man, Kim, "Factors influencing depression among nursing students. Applied Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education", Vol. 20, No.1, pp. 71-80, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.1.71
- Sung-Je Cho, Seong-Mo Yoo, Jun-Young Shim, "Effects of brain education and neuro-feedback training on thinking ability and multiple intelligence in young children. Applied The Korean Society For Eco Early Childhood", Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 67-94. 2012.
- Ki-Ja Bak, Seon-Gyu Yi, Pyung-Woon Park, "A research on the effect neurofeedback training before & after about emotional and attention deficit characteristics by timeseries linear analysis: for primary student. Applied Journal of Information Technology Application & Management", Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 45-61, 2007.
- Kyung-Jin Yoo, Seung-Il Song, Jong-Min Lee. "The effects of neurofeedback training on cognitive function and self-efficacy for traumatic brain injury pateints. Applied Journal of special education & rehabilitation science", Vol. 53, No, 4, pp. 317-337, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15870/jsers.2014.12.53.4.317
- Ji-Hoon Kim, So-Young Kim, "Effects of Neurofeedback training on Unilateral neglect and Depression in patients with stroke. Applied Journal of Digital Convergence", Vol. 13, No. 9. pp. 361-368, 2015.
- Hyuk-Jae Lee, Young-Bae Park, Young-Jae Park, Hwan-sup, Oh, "A review of neurofeedback studies. Applied The Journal Of Korea Institute of Oriental Medical Diagnostics", Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 13-29, 2007.
- Young-Sun Song, "The effect of neurofeedback training on developing creativity in nursing students. Applied The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education", Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 184-191, 2007.
- Young-Sun Song. "The effect of neurofeedback training on fatigue, stress, and immune reaction in nursing students. Applied The Journal of Korean Academy of nursing", Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 22-30, 2006.
- Hee-Wook Weon, Seon-Gyu Yi, Hyng-Gon Kang, "Effects of a neurofeedback program on brain function and stress in high school students. Applied Korean Academy of Child Health Nursing", Vol. 14, No. 13, pp. 315-324.
- Kyum-Koo Chon, Kyo-Heon Kim, Joon-Suk Yi, "Development of the revised life stress scale for college students. Applied The Korean journal of health psychology", Vol. 5, No, 2, pp. 316-335, 2000.
- Marai Kong, Yun-Ju, Kang, "A Study on the Influence of college life stresses on the mental health of college students - focus on the college of Pyongtaek city. Applied The Korean Journal of Rehabilitation Psychology", Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 1-22, 2012.
- Ji-Hoon Kim, "The effect on efficient time-use intervention on depression and quality of life in spinal cord injury- a case study. Applied Korean Society of Cognitive Rehabilitation", Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 59-74, 2014.
- Hong-Moo Hahn, Tae-Ho, Yum, Young-Woo Shin, Kyo-Hun Kim, Doh-Joon Yoon, Keun-Jae Chung, "A standardization study of beck depression inventory in korea. Applied Korean NeuroPsychiatric Association", Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 487-500. 1986.
- Cheong-Hui Jeong, Gil-Dong Hong, Jin Hwang, "Effects of concentration training with brainwave biofeedback on archery performance back on. Applied Korean Journal of Sport Psychology", Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 37-48, 2004.
- Sun-Hyun Kim, Hae-Sun Lee, Soon-Joo Choi, "The effects of clinical art therapy using computer graphics on adolescents' depression & self-esteem. Applied Korea Art Education Association", Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 181-215. 2011.
- Su-Jeong Yu, Mi-Ryeong Song, Eun-Man, Kim, "Factors influecing depression among nursing students. Applied The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education", Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 71-80, 2014.. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.1.71
- Hee-Wook Weon, Seon-Gyu Yi, Hyung-Gon Kang, "Effects of a neurofeedback program on brain function and stress in hign school students. Applied Child Health Nursing Reasearch", Vol. 14, No, 3, pp. 315-324, 2008.
- Henriques, J. B, Davidson, R. J, "Left frontal hypoactivation in depression. Applied Journal of abnormal and social Psychology", Vol. 100, pp.535-545, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-843X.100.4.535
- Shiaki, N., Shono, M., & Kitamura, T. "Effects of coping styles and stressful life events on depression, and anxiety in japanese students: a longitudinal study. Applied International Journal of Nursing Practice", Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 198-204. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-172X.2009.01745.x
- Rosenfeld, J. P., Baehr, E., Baehr, R., Gotlib, I., Ranganath, C, "Preliminary evidence that daily change in frontal alpha asymmetry correlate with change in affect in therapy session. Applied International Journal of Psychphysiology", Vol. 23, pp. 241-258, 1996.
- Baehr, E., Rosenfeld, J. P., Baehr, R, "The clinical use of un alpha asymmetry protocol in the neurofeedback treatment of depression: two case studies. Applied Journal of Neurotherapy", Vol. 4, pp. 11-18, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1300/J184v04n04_03
- Association of sleep time, stress, and depression with the oral health status of Korean adolescents vol.40, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2016.40.3.178