- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Convergent Influence of Positive Emotion, Negative Emotion and Job Seeking Stress on Depression among College Women of Health Affiliated Educations
보건계열 여대생의 긍정정서, 부정정서 및 취업스트레스가 우울에 미치는 융복합적 영향 분석
- Bae, Sang-Yun (Dept. of Health Administration, Vision University of Jeonju) ;
- Kim, Seung-Hee (Dept. of Health Administration, Vision University of Jeonju)
- Received : 2015.11.05
- Accepted : 2016.03.20
- Published : 2016.03.28
This study investigates convergent influence on depression and its association with positive emotion, negative emotion and job seeking stress among some college women of health affiliated educations. The survey was administered to 419 college women in Honam area from March 9th to April 30th, 2015. The structured self-administered questionaries were used. The depression was negatively correlated with positive emotion and it was positively correlated with negative emotion and job seeking stress. The results of hierarchical multiple regression analysis show the following. The depression of respondents turned out to be significantly higher in following groups: a group in which self esteem is lower, a group in which subjective happiness is lower, a group in which hopelessness is higher, a group in which type A behavior pattern is higher, a group in which personality stress is higher. Their explanatory power was 47.1%. With the analysis of covariance structure, we could confirm relationship among the four factors such as positive emotion, negative emotion, job seeking stress and depression. In conclusion, the results of the study indicate that the efforts, to increase positive emotion, and to decrease negative emotion and job seeking stress, are required to reduce the depression level of the college women of health affiliated educations.
Convergent influence;Positive emotion;Negative emotion;Job seeking stress;CES-D;SEM
- A. T. Beck, The Psychology of depression. Contemporary theory and research NY: John Wiley and Sons. 1974.
- Korea Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, National health nutritional surveys, 2013
- Y. R. Park, E. H. Jang, Impact of stress on depression among university students:Testing for moderating effect of social support. Korean J Adult Nurs, Vol. 25, No. 5, pp. 549-558, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2013.25.5.549
- Y. K. Choi, J. H. Park, Evaluation of relationship between depression and anxiety, self esteem, BMI, blood types, blood pressure of university students. Kor. J. Oriental Preventive Medical Society, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 91-102, 2013.
- S. Y. Bae, Y. C. Cho, Analysis of the influence of hopelessness, psychosocial stress and depression on suicide ideation among middle school students using the structural equation model. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 15, No. 6 pp. 3685-3695, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.6.3685
- S. J. Yu, M. R. Song, E. M. Kim, Factors influencing depression among nursing students. J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Educ, Vol. 20 No. 1, pp. 71-80, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.1.71
- S. H. Kim, S. Y. Bae, Factors related to occupational stress among hospital administrative staff, Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 12. No. 10, pp. 433-443, 2014.
- S. Y. Bae, S. H. Kim, Analysis of the Influence of Human Nature Factors, Mental Health Factors and Fatigue on Occupational Stress among Hospital Administrative Staff Using a Structural Equation Model, Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 13. No. 3, pp. 221-229, 2015.
- S. K. Cha, E. M. Lee, Comparison of stress, depression and suicidal ideation between nursing students and students of other majors. J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Educ, Vol. 20 No.4 , pp. 650-658, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.4.650
- S. H. Choi, H. Y. Lee, Influence on college students' depression of anxiety, unemployment stress, and self-esteem - moderating effect of resilience -. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 14 No. 10, pp. 619-627, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.10.619
- S. H. Kim, S. Y. Bae, Analysis of Convergent Factors Related to Depression among Some College Women of Health Affiliated Educations, Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 13. No. 10, pp. 367-375, 2015.
- H. C. Cho, A study on the stress involved in preparing for employment on college student's happiness: The moderating effects of social support. Studies on Korean Youth, Vol. 24. No. 1. pp. 157-184, 2013.
- S. H. Choi, H. Y. Lee, Affecting factors in unemployment stress among college students -Focused on physical symptoms, depression, anxiety and self-esteem-. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp. 808-816, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.12.808
- H. J. Kim, Y. R. Kang, The Relationship between job seeking stress and career maturity of dance majoring students. Korean J of Dance Education, Vol. 8, No 2, pp 57-84, 2008.
- E. K. Byun, S. H. Park, Effects of major satisfaction and employment stress on depression in college students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 323-330, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.1.323
- M. Rosenberg, Society and the adolescent self-image. Princeton University Press, Princeton, N.J. pp. 46-68, 1965.
- B. J. Jon, Self-esteem: A test of its measurability. Yonsei Journal, Vol. 11, pp. 107-129. 1974.
- S. Lyubomirsky, H. S. Lepper, A measure of subjective happiness: Preliminary reliability and construct validation. Social Indicators Research, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 137-155, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1006824100041
- J. H. Kim, The relationship between life satisfaction/life satisfaction expectancy and stress/well-being: An application of motivational states theory. The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 325-345, 2007. https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2007.12.2.003
- A. T. Beck, A. Weissman, D. Lester, L. Trexler, The measurement of pessimism: The hopelessness scale. J Consult Clin Psychol, Vol. 42, No. 6, pp. 861-865, 1974. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0037562
- M. S. Shin, K. B. Park, K. J. Oh, Z. S. Kim, A study of suicidal ideation among high school students: The structural relation among depression, hopelessness, and suicidal ideation. The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 1-19, 1990.
- S. G. Haynes, S. Levine, N. Scotch, M. Feinleib, W. Kannel, The relationship of psychosocial factors to coronary heart disease in the framingham study. Am J Epidemiol, Vol. 107, No. 5, pp. 362-383, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a112556
- S. J. Chang, A study on the distribution and risk factors for psychosocial distress, and the development work site stress reduction program. Ministry of Health & Welfare. Seoul. 2001.
- M. M. Weissman, B. Z. Locke, Comparison of a self-report symptom rating scale(CES-D) with standardized depression rating scales in psychiatric populations. Am J Epidemiol, Vol. 102, pp. 430-431, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a112183
- M. J. Kwon, "Convergence Study on the Relation between Cognition, Depression and Aggression in the Elderly", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 171-176, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.171
- S. U. Yoon, Youn-Suk Kwon, Relationship between test anxiety and self-esteem in partial health related department convergence College students, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 91-98, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.091
- Association of sleep time, stress, and depression with the oral health status of Korean adolescents vol.40, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2016.40.3.178