- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Knowledge Map Service based on Ontology of Nation R&D Information
국가R&D정보에 대한 온톨로지 기반 지식맵 서비스
- Kim, Sun-Tae (Science Data Research Center, KISTI) ;
- Lee, Won-Goo (Dept. of Computer Information, Chungnam State University)
- Received : 2016.01.24
- Accepted : 2016.03.20
- Published : 2016.03.28
Knowledge map is widely used to represent knowledge in many domains. This paper presents a method of integrating the national R&D data and assists of users to navigate the integrated data via using a knowledge map service. The knowledge map service is built by using a lightweight ontology modeling method. The national R&D data is integrated with the research project as its center, i.e., the other R&D data such as research papers, patent, and project reports are connected with the research project as its outputs. The lightweight ontology is used to represent the simple relationships between the integrated data such as project-outputs relationships, document-author relationships, and document-topic relationships. Knowledge map enables us to infer the further relationships such as co-author and co-topic relationships. To extract the relationships between the integrated data, a RDB-to-Triples transformer is implemented. Lastly, we show an experiment on R&D data integration using the lightweight ontology, triples generation, and visualization and navigation of the knowledge map.
- L. Rao, G. Mansingh and K. M. Osei-Bryson, "Building ontology based knowledge maps to assist business process re-engineering," Decision Support Systems, vol. 52, no. 3, pp 577-589, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2011.10.014
- R. Krishnan, A. Hussain and P. C. Sherimon, "Retrieval of semantic concepts based on analysis of texts for automatic construction of ontology," In Neural Information Processing, pp 524-532, 2012.
- J. Morbach, A. Wiesner and W. Marquardt, "OntoCAPE-A (re) usable ontology for computer-aided process engineering," Computers & Chemical Engineering, vol. 33, no. 10, 1546-1556, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compchemeng.2009.01.019
- L. Businska, I. Supulniece and M. Kirikova, "On data, information, and knowledge representation in business process models," In Information Systems Development, Springer New York, pp 613-627, 2013.
- R. Klavans and K. W. Boyack, "Toward a consensus map of science," Journal of the American Society for information science and technology, vol. 60, no. 3, pp 455-476, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1002/asi.20991
- L. Leydesdorff and I. Rafols, "A global map of science based on the ISI subject categories," Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, vol. 60, no. 2, 348-362, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1002/asi.20967
- M. alhaji Musa, M. S. Othman, and W. M. Al-Rahimi, "Ontology driven knowledge map for enhancing business process reengineering," 2013.
- A. Maaref, and M. N. Ahmad, "Designing Successful Strategy for Business Process Outsourcing Based on Ontological Knowledge Map," Journal of Poverty, Investment and Development, vol. 1, pp 76-83, 2013.
- J. Lehmann, R. Isele, M. Jakob, A. Jentzsch, D. Kontokostas, P. N. Mendes and C. Bizer, "DBpedia - A large-scale, multilingual knowledge base extracted from Wikipedia," Semantic Web, 2014
- B. J. Stucky, J. Deck, T. Conlin, L. Ziemba, N. Cellinese and R. Guralnick, "The BiSciCol Triplifier: bringing biodiversity data to the Semantic Web," BMC bioinformatics, vol. 15, no. 1, 257, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2105-15-257
- T. Tudorache, C. Nyulas, N.F. Noy and M. A. Musen, "WebProtege: A collaborative ontology editor and knowledge acquisition tool for the web," Semantic web, vol. 4, no. 1, pp 89-99, 2013. https://doi.org/10.3233/SW-2012-0057
- A. M. A. T. Moustafa, F. Giunchiglia and V. Maltese, "A Collaborative Platform for multilingual Ontology Development," 2014.
- M. Strohmaier, S. Walk, J. Pöschko, D. Lamprecht, T. Tudorache, C. Nyulas and N. F. Noy, "How ontologies are made: Studying the hidden social dynamics behind collaborative ontology engineering projects," Web Semantics: Science, Services and Agents on the World Wide Web, vol. 20, pp 18-34, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.websem.2013.04.001
- H. A. Santoso, S. C. Haw and Z. T. Abdul-Mehdi, "Ontology extraction from relational database: Concept hierarchy as background knowledge," Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 24, no. 3, pp 457-464, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.knosys.2010.11.003
- J. F. Sequeda, M. Arenas and D. P. Miranker, "On directly mapping relational databases to RDF and OWL," In Proceedings of the 21st international conference on World Wide Web, ACM, pp 649-658, 2012.
- S.J. Kim, I.S. Kim, J.H. Jeon, "Index for Efficient Ontology Retrieval and Inference", Society for E-Business Studies Journal, vol. 18, no. 2, pp.153-173, 2013 https://doi.org/10.7838/jsebs.2013.18.2.153
- J.W. Kim, M.S. Bae, "Effective Indexing for Evolving Data Collection by Using Ontology", Korea Multimedia Society Journal, vol. 17, no. 2, pp.240-247, 2014 https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2014.17.2.240
- Jae-Yong Lee, "Software Development Process Improvement Training and Collaboration Capabilities Optimized to the Psychological Type of ICT Engineer", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 105-111, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.105
- Hyun-Sook Chung, Jeong-Min Kim, "Design of Semantic Models for Teaching and Learning based on Convergence of Ontology Technology", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 127-134, 2015.