- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Comparative Analysis for Competitiveness of Success Factors of the Platform Business
플랫폼비즈니스 성공요소의 경쟁력 비교 분석에 관한 연구
- Chang, Chung-Hoon (Dept. of Economic & Industrial News, JTBC) ;
- Lee, Kwang-Hyung (Moon Soul Graduate School of Future Strategy, KAIST) ;
- Noh, Kyoo-Sung (Dept. of Business Administration, Sunmoon University)
- Received : 2016.01.24
- Accepted : 2016.03.20
- Published : 2016.03.28
The importance of platform businesses in the global market is growing, but in Korea, platform businesses with a global competitive edge are rare. This study compared the competitiveness of the local and international platform businesses by analyzing the six success factors of platform businesses. It surveyed 104 professionals in ICT regarding the competitiveness of SNS services (Kakao Talk, Facebook), mobile payment systems (Samsung Pay, Apply Pay), digital content (Naver, YouTube), online shopping (G Market, Amazon) and education (K-MOOC, MOOC). In sum, the local platform business sector, compared to its U.S. counterpart, is lagging behind in creativity, value creation, cost reduction, networking effects and the ability to build, change and develop new ecosystems.
Platform business;Global Competitiveness;Success Factor;Online Network
- Marco Lansiti. The Keystone Advantage: What the New Dynamics of Business Ecosystems Mean for Strategy, Innovation, Sustainability, Harvard Business School Press, 2004.
- ByeongSam Cheo & other, Platform, Change Management, Samsung Economic Research Institute, 2014.
- M. E. Porter. "The competitive advantage of nations", Harvard business review, March-April, 1990.
- HanSeok Ryu, A platform business, Hahnbitbusiness, 2012.
- Michael A. Cusumano and Annabelle Gawer. "The Elements of Platform Leadership", MIT Sloan Magazine, Spring 2002.
- Schmidt R. "Managing Delphi Surveys Using Non-parametric Statistical Techniques," Decision Sciences, Vol.28, No.3, 1997.
- KyooSung Noh, What is a platform, Communication books, 2014.
- ByeongSam Choi, Emergence and Implications of the business platform, Samsung Economic Research Institute, 2011.
- HeeSeog Jung, The Evolution of Korean Social Network Service focusing on the Case of Kakao Talk, Journal of Digital Convergence v.10, n.10, 147-154, 2012.
- SungHyun Yun, The Voice Template based User Authentication Scheme Suitable for Mobile Commerce Platform, The Journal of digital policy & management v.10 no.5, pp.215-222, 2012.
- Yunhee Chang, A Study on the Marketing Performance Using Social Media-Comparison between Portal Advertisement, Blog, and SNS Channel Characteristics and Performanc, The Journal of digital policy & management v.10, no.8, pp.119-133, 2012.
- YongUn Sim & other, Smart media and Ecosystems 2.0 Management, Communication Books, 2014.
- Lark Sang Kim, "Convergence of Information Technology and Corporate Strategy", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 17-26, 2015.
- JangWoo Lee, "the direction and tasks of the Korean accompany growth policies", the study SME 33 No. 4 , pp.77-93, 2012.
- WonJung Jung, " Internet of Things (IoT) method for the activation and institutional improvement research" , Law and Policy Research 14 No. 4, pp.1835-1867, 2014.
- SeungHan Kim, " Internet of Things (IoT) Study on the Improvement of the legal system to activate, Korea Society of Management Information Systems Conference, pp. 545-555, 2014.
- SangYoung Shon, Platform Ecosystem Issues and Policy Assignment, KISDI, 2010.
- GwangCheol Yi, "Global strategic direction and policy challenges in the domestic media companies", e-Business Research, Vol. 11 No. 2, pp. 229-250, 2010.
- Eun-Young Park, Dong-Gi Kwag, "The Study on the Market Competitiveness Reinforcement for Convergence Industry", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 99-106, 2015.