- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The convergence of IP and financial sectors: Analysis of the national competitiveness by using Diamond model approach
지식재산과 금융의 융합: 다이아몬드 모델을 이용한 경쟁력 비교
- Byun, Jeong-Wook (Intellectual discovery) ;
- Lee, Seong-Sang (Dept. of Techno-Marketing, Mokwon University) ;
- Kim, Sung-Soo (Dept. of Techno-Marketing, Mokwon University)
- Received : 2015.12.10
- Accepted : 2016.03.20
- Published : 2016.03.28
This study compares and analyzes the national competitiveness in IP finance using the diamond model. The main findings of our analysis are as follows. First, assuming Korea's competitiveness in IP finance to be 1, USA with 1.63 has the highest competitiveness of all countries compared, and Israel is 1.49 followed by Japan with 1.37. Second, Korea and other countries compared show large differences in the areas of demand conditions, strategic structure, and competition. Third, Korea is inferior compared to other countries considered in terms of the factors including the protection of investors and IPR, and government policies. Since most of the factors in which Korea shows inferiority can be managed by public policies, to strengthen the competitiveness of IP finance, the government's active support to build industrial foundation are required.
Intellectual property;Finance;Convergence;Diamond model;Competitiveness
- DOI: http://www.kofia.or.kr/npboard/m_18/
- S. S. Lee, "A Study on IP Finance Revitalization: Focusing on the case of United States and Israel, The Journal of Intellectual Property", Vol.8, No.3, pp.149-169, 2013.
- M. J. Lee & K. I. Khoe, "Development Method of Digital Content Finance-Focused on by Technical Value Evaluation", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol.6, No.6, pp.111-117, 2015.
- M. E. Porter, "The Competitiveness Advantage of Nations", The Free Pres, New York, 1990.
- W. S. Shim, "Analysis of National Tourism Competitiveness using the Porter's Diamond Model", The Journal of Tourism Sciences, Vol.31, No.4, pp.11-32, 2007.
- OECD Innovation Strategy (March 2009:12).
- S. H. Lee & D. W. Lee, "FinTech-Conversions of Finance Industry based on ICT", Journal of Korea Convergence Society, Vol.6, No.3, pp.97-102, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.3.097
- D. S, ChO & H. C. Moon, "IPS national competitiveness research 2012", Seoul, 2012.
- J. Y. Park, H. K. Kim, H. & D. W. Ko, "A Comparison on the National Tourism Industry Competitiveness of Korea and Japan by using Dual Double Diamond Model", The Journal of Tourism Sciences, Vol.34, No.9, pp.51-71, 2010.
- S. W. Kang, J. S. Shim & Y. D. Kwon, "A comparative study of health industry competitiveness among 7 OECD countries: Porter's Diamond Model Approach", The Korean Journal of Health Economics and Policy, Vol.12, No.1, pp.1-32, 2006.
- M. J. Kim, D. R. Kwak,Y. J. Cho & Y. R. Lee, "Analysis of International Competitiveness of Apparel Industry in Korea and China based on the Generalized Double Diamond Model", Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, Vol.30, No.9/10, pp.1354-1365, 2006.
- H. J. Kim, E. H. Kim & S. J. Lim, "A Comparative Study of National Competitiveness in Air Transport Industry using Diamond Model", Journal of the Aviation Management Society of Korea, Vol.11, No.2, pp.43-65, 2013.
- W. S. Shim, "A Study on Developing the Determinant Model for the Regional Tourism Competitiveness", Ph.D. dissertation, Hanyang University, 2003.
- WIPO, "World Intellectual Property Indicators", 2015
- IMD, "World Competitiveness Yearbook", 2013.
- WEF, "The Global Competitiveness Report", 2015-2016.
- E. Y. Park & D. G. Kwag, "The Study on the Market Competitiveness Reinforcement for Convergence Industry", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol.6, No.5, pp. 99-106, 2015.
- S. W. Yang & J. S. Jung, "The Case Study on Elon Musk and Tesla Motors: Based on the Analyses of Competitive Advantages Using Diamond Model", Korean Management Consulting Review, Vol.15, No.2, pp.197-209, 2015.