- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Convergence between Manufacturing and ICT: The Exploring Strategies for Manufacturing version 3.0 in Korea
제조업과 정보통신기술의 융합: 스마트 팩토리 4.0에 기반한 한국 제조업 3.0 성공 전략
- Yim, Myung-Seong (Dept. of Business Administration, Sahmyook University)
- 임명성 (삼육대학교 경영학과)
- Received : 2016.01.10
- Accepted : 2016.03.20
- Published : 2016.03.28
The aim of this study is to suggest the strategic implications for manufacturing 3.0 in Korea by reviewing an innovation approaches of German that is a source of manufacturing innovation in Europe. Today, growth potential of korean economy has been weakened by the rise of emerging economies. Furthermore, technological advantage of emerging economies has been strengthened. In this situation, Korea needs to make efforts to enhance global competitiveness. The growth of developing countries provides a new opportunities for Korea for export demand. However, this situation can be recognized as threats for Korea because Korea has to compete with those countries to expand market share. In this regard, reviewing the approaches of manufacturing innovation in German is important because German keeps remaining a high levels of competitiveness in spite of a rise of emerging economies and European recession. To do this, this research can give hints to advance the industrial policy improvements.
Smart Factory;Smart Platform;Industry 4.0;Manufacturing 3.0;ICT Convergence
- Monthly Software-Centered Society, "Trends in Demand Industry", August 2014.
- A-Ju News, "Why Is That Industry 4.0", (September 11, 2014).
- Deloitte, 2013 The Global Manufacturing Competitiveness Index, 2012.
- Sciencetimes, "The Manufacturing Revolution to 'Industry 4.0'", (June 2, 2014).
- W. S. Lee, J. H. Hwang, D. W. Lee, S. H. Park, and W. J. Park, "Industrial Automation as a New Trend", KDB Daewoo Securities Research Center, (December 3, 2014).
- Y. D. Kang, T, H. Oh, C. W. Lee, H. J. Lee, and J. Kim, "Policies for Industrial Competitiveness Improvement in Europe and Their Implications", Korea Institute for International Economic Policy, Research Report, #14-22, 2014.
- S. Y. Ryu, "Why the Manufacturing World Nations between Germany and Japan have Mixed Emotions", LG Business Insight, (March 26, 2014).
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Ideas, Innovation, Prosperity: High-Tech Strategy 2020 for Germany, Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) Innovation Policy Framework Division, 2010.
- Money Today, "'Industrie 4.0', New Manufacturing Innovation Strategy in Germany", (June 4, 2015).
- J. H. Im, "A New Start in Industry 4.0", Monthly Instrumentation Technology, July 2015, pp. 174-179.
- W. K. Ha, "New Perspective of the 4th Industrial Revolution and Approaches of Neighboring Nations", Weekly Technology Trend, Vol. 1710, August 2015, pp. 1-12.
- Seoul Economy, "Industrial Digitalization Became the General Trend", (September 1, 2014).
- POSCO Research Institute, "A New Start for Industry 4.0", POSRI Report, 2015.
- Brettel, M., Friederichsen, N., Keller, M., and Rosenberg, M. (2014), "How Virtualization, Decentralization and Network Building Change the Manufacturing Landscape: An Industry 4.0 Perspective," International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Mechatronic and Manufacturing Engineering, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 37-44.
- DongA.com, "Maheunihi, Industry 4.0 Can Change the Current Global Economy", (November 10, 2015).
- H. G. Park, and Y. H. Kim, "Industry 4.0: Blueprint for Future Manufacturing in German", POSRI Report, 2014.
- Myung-Seong Yim, "Development of Measures of Information Security Policy Effectiveness To Maximize the Convergence Security", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 27-32, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.4.027
- Myung-Seong Yim, "Smart Paradox: An Effect of Mobile Instant Messengers", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 7-13, 2012.
- Informal Language Learning Through Mobile Instant Messaging Among University Students in Korea vol.11, pp.2, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4018/IJMBL.2019040103