- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Meteorological Information Analysis Algorithm based on Weight for Outdoor Activity Decision-Making
야외활동 의사결정을 위한 가중치 기반 기상정보 분석 알고리즘
- Lee, Moo-Hun (Weather Information Service Engine Institute, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies) ;
- Kim, Min-Gyu (Weather Information Service Engine Institute, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies)
- Received : 2015.12.08
- Accepted : 2016.03.20
- Published : 2016.03.28
Recently, the outdoor activities were increased in accordance with economic growth and improved quality of life. In addition, weather and outdoor activities are closely related. Currently, Outdoor Activities decisions are determined by the Korea Meteorological Administrator's forecasts and subjective experience. Therefore, we need the analysis method that can provide a basis for the decision on outdoor activities based on meteorological information. In this paper, we propose an algorithm that can analyze meteorological information to support decision-making outdoor activities. And the algorithm is based on the data mining. In addition, we have constructed a baseball game schedule with automatic weather system's observation data in the training data. We verified the improved performance of the proposed algorithm.
Meteorological Information;Data Mining;Classification Algorithm;Decision Support System;AWS(Automatic Weather System)
Supported by : 기상청
- Seong-Hoon Lee, "Actual Cases and Analysis of IT Convergence for Green IT", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 147-152, 2015.
- Young-Suk Chung, Rack-Koo Park, Jin-Mook Kim, "Study on predictive modeling of incidence of traffic accidents caused by weather conditions", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 9-15, 2014.
- Byeongyong Hyeon, Yonghee Lee, Kisung Seo, "Evolutionary Nonlinear Regression Based Compensation Technique for Short-range Prediction of Wind Speed using Automatic Weather Station", The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 64, No. 1, pp. 107-112, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2015.64.1.107
- Seul-Gi Lee, Sung-Gwan Jung, Woo-sung Lee, Kyung-hun Park, "A Predictive Model for Urban Temperature using the Artificial Neural Network", Journal of the Korea Planning Association, Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 129-142, 2011.
- Boosik Kang, Bongki Lee, "Prediction Probability of Precipitation Using Artificial Neural Network and Mesoscale Numerical Weather Prediction", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 28, No. 5B, pp. 485-493, 2008.
- T. Hall, H. E. Brooks, C. A. Doswell, "Rrecipitation forcasting using a neural network", Weather and Forecasting, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 338-345, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0434(1999)014<0338:PFUANN>2.0.CO;2
- K. C. Luk, J. E. Ball, A. Sharma, "An application of artificial neural networks for rainfall forecasting", Mathematical and Computer Modelling, Vol. 33, No. 6, pp. 638-693, 2001.
- J. N. K. Liu and R. S. T. Lee, "Rainfall forecasting from multiple point sources using neural networks", In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol. 3, pp. 429-434, 1999.
- Michael Mayo, "Random convolution ensembles", Advances in Multimedia Information Processing - PCM 2007, 8th Pacific Rim Conference on Multimedia, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4810, pp. 216-225. Springer, 2007.
- RJ Durrant, A Kaban, "Random projections as regularizers: learning a linear discriminant from fewer observations than dimensions", Machine Learning, Vol. 99, No. 2, pp. 257-286, 2014.
- Sally Jo Cunningham, Eibe Frank, "Market basket analysis of library circulation data", Proc 6th International Conference on Neural Information Processing, Vol. 2, pp. 825-830, 1999.
- Ian H. Witten, Eibe Frank, Len Trigg, Mark Hall, Geoffrey Holmes, and Sally Jo Cunningham, "Weka: Practical machine learning tools and techniques with Java implementations", Proceedings of the ICONIP/ANZIIS/ANNES'99 Workshop on Emerging Knowledge Engineering and Connectionist-Based Information Systems, pp. 192-196, 1999.
- Ross Quinlan, "C4.5 Programs for Machine Learning", Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Mateo, CA, 1993.
- Jan N van Rijn, Geoffrey Holmes, Bernhard Pahringer, and Joaquin Vanschoren, "Algorithm selection on data streams", Proc 17th International Conference on Discovery Science, pp. 325-336, Springer, 2014.
- William W. Cohen, "Fast Effective Rule Induction", International Conference on Machine Learning, pp. 115-123. 1995.
- Indre Zliobaite, Albert Bifet, Bernhard Pfahringer, and Geoff Holmes, "Active learning with drifting streaming data", IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 27-39, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNNLS.2012.2236570
- N. Bhatia, "Survey of Nearest Neighbor Techniques", International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, Vol. 8, No. 2, 2010.
- D. Aha, D. Kibler, "Instance-based learning algorithms". Machine Learning. pp. 37-66, 1991.
- Deza, M.; Deza, E. "Encyclopedia of Distances", Springer-Verlag, pp.94, 2009.
- David M. J. Tax, Robert Duin, and Dick De Ridder, "Classification, Parameter Estimation and State Estimation: An Engineering Approach Using MATLAB", John Wiley and Sons. pp. 440, 2004.
- S.S. Keerthi, S.K. Shevade, C. Bhattacharyya, K.R. K. Murthy, "Improvements to Platt's SMO Algorithm for SVM Classifier Design", Neural Computation. Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 637-649. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1162/089976601300014493
- George H. John, Pat Langley, "Estimating Continuous Distributions in Bayesian Classifiers", Eleventh Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence, San Mateo, pp. 338-345, 1995.