- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Business Model of Fintech - Focus on the Business model canvas -
핀테크의 비즈니스 모델에 관한 연구 - 비즈니스 모델 캔버스를 중심으로-
- Ryu, Jeong-Min (JM Partners Inc.) ;
- Seo, Yong-Mo (Dept. of Business Administration, ChungNam National University) ;
- Cho, Han-Jin (Dept. of Smart Mobile, Far East University)
- Received : 2016.01.23
- Accepted : 2016.03.20
- Published : 2016.03.28
The purpose of this study is to deduce a successful business model of fintech and suggest the business model component in fintech on domestics. Business model has suggested on a strategic levels but it is to a value of corporation. From literature research, we find a conceptual character and its component of business model. The results show that we understand the business model of fintech. We suggest business model of component for a successful entry of market. These results suggest business model canvas by Alexander Osterwalder. This business model consist of 9 blocks - customer segmentation, value proposition, customer relationship, key resource, key activity, key partnership, revenue stream, and cost structure. These components need an analytic approach for a successful entry and settlement of market. Also, we analyze and suggest a fintech business model and directivity of its components.
Business Model;Business Model Canvas;Traditional Fintech;Emergent Fintech;kakaopay
- Han-Soo, Kang, Condition of Successful Business Model, SERI management note, 2011.06.23. (No. 108), 2011.
- Timmers, P. Business Model for Electronic Market, Electronic Markets, 8(2), pp. 3-8, 1998.
- Julta, D., Bodoric, P., wang, Y, Developing internet e-commerce benchmarks, Information System, 24(6), pp. 475-493, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0306-4379(99)00028-9
- Bambury, P. A Toxonomy of internet commerce, Firstmonday, issue 3, 1998.
- Rappa, M, Business Model on the web, 1999.
- National IT Industry Promotion Agency, Internet Contents Business Model Discovery, 2000.
- Amit, R. & Zott, C, Value Creation in e-business, Strategic Management Journal, 22(6-7), pp. 493-520, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.187
- Kenneth C. london, Carol Guercio Traver, E-commerce (Business, Technology, Society), 2002.
- Johnson, M. W, Christeinsen, C. M. & Kagemann, H. Reinventing Your Business Model, Harvard Business Review, 86(12), pp. 50-59, 2008.
- Lark Sang Kim, "Convergence of Information Technology and Corporate Strategy", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 17-26, 2015.
- KB Financial holdings Management Institute, Trends and Forecast of fintech in domestic, KB Knowledge vitamin, No. 60, pp. 7, 2014.
- Chun-Sung, Lim,, Techno Business Design, Chungram, 2011.
- Morris, M., M. Schindehutte and J. Allen, The entrepreneur's Business model : toward a unified perspective, Journal of business research, 58(6), pp.726-735, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2003.11.001
- Shafer, M., J. Smith and C. Linder, The power of business models, Business Horizons, 48(3), pp. 199-207, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2004.10.014
- Chesbrough, H. and K. Schwartz, Innovating Business Models with Co-development Partnerships, Research Technology Management, 50(1), pp. 55-59, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1080/08956308.2007.11657419
- Johnson, M., C. Christensen and H. Kagermann, Reinventing Your Business Model, Harvard Business Review, 56(12), pp. 50-59, 2008.
- Alexander Osterwalder, et. al., Clarifying business models : origins, present, and future of the concept, Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 15, pp. 1-38, 2005.
- Dae-Hoon, Kim, Implication on Rising Fintech Trend and IT and Financial Industry, Issue Report, The Federation of Korean information Industries
- Il-ryong Moon, Se-Man Oh, Design and embody of the weak point analyzer for mobile application, Journal of Multimedia Information System, 314(10), pp.1335-1347, 2011.
- Hyojik Lee, Onechul Na, Soyoung Sung, Hangbae Chang, "A Design on Security Governance Framework for Industry Convergence Environment", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 33-40, 2015.
- http://news.mk.co.kr, International Fintech application, Fintech, 2015.