- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the influence of Self-Efficacy to Goal Setting in the age of Convergence - Focusing on the Self-regulatory depletion and non-depletion group
융·복합 시대의 자기효능감이 목표설정이론에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구 - 자아조절자원의 고갈과 비고갈 집단을 중심으로 -
- Song, Chan-Sub (Dept. of Business Graduate School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Lee, Sun-Kyu (Business School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Kim, Yuen-Kyu (Dept. of Business Graduate School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Kang, Eun-Gu (Dept. of Business Graduate School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2016.01.26
- Accepted : 2016.03.20
- Published : 2016.03.28
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of self-efficacy that impacts on personal goal setting.. In addition, in the process of going to achieve the goal, this study was to evaluate the role of self-regulation resources. Specifically, this paper is divided into two groups of self-regulation resources, to analyze the relationship between self-efficacy and goal-setting theory. To achieve this goal, by manipulating the self-adjusting resources to target college students divided into two groups, this measured the performance of the self-efficacy and goal setting. In the test, the a mediated effect of goal setting between self-efficacy and performance was meaningful, and evidence of enhancing the self-regulatory resource by self-efficacy was found. As a result, this paper provides guideline that manages the performance by using the self-efficacy and self-regulatory resource.
Goal setting theory;Self-efficacy;Self-regulatory resource;Self-depletion;Self control;Convergence Age
- Baer, J. S., Holt, C. S., & Lichtenstein, E.. Self-efficacy and smoking reexamined: construct validity and clinical utility. Journal of consulting and clinical psychology, Vol. 54, No.6, pp. 846,.1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-006X.54.6.846
- Bandura, A., & Locke, E. A. Negative self-efficacy and goal effects revisited. Journal of applied psychology, Vol. 88 No. 1, pp. 87. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.88.1.87
- Bandura, A.. Self-efficacy: toward a unifying theory of behavioral change. Psychological review, Vol. 84 No.2, pp.191. 1977. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- Baumeister, R. F.. Yielding to temptation: Selfcontrol failure, impulsive purchasing, and consumer behavior. Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 28 No.4, pp. 670-676. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1086/338209
- Bell, B. S., & Kozlowski, S. W.. A typology of virtual teams implications for effective leadership. Group & Organization Management, Vol. 27 No.1, pp. 14-49. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1177/1059601102027001003
- Boutton, T. W., & Yamasaki, S. I. (1996). Stable carbon isotope ratios of soil organic matter and their use as indicators of vegetation and climate change. Mass spectrometry of soils., pp. 47-82.
- Chen, G., Gully, S. M., & Eden, D.. Validation of a new general self-efficacy scale. Organizational research methods, Vol. 4 No.1, pp 62-83. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1177/109442810141004
- Dweck, C. S., yi Hong, Y., & yue Chiu, C.. Implicit theories individual differences in the likelihood and meaning of dispositional inference. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, Vol. 19 No.5, pp. 644-656. 1993. https://doi.org/10.1177/0146167293195015
- Fisher, S. L., & Ford, J. K.. Differential effects of learner effort and goal orientation on two learning outcomes. Personnel Psychology, Vol. 51 No.2, pp. 397. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.1998.tb00731.x
- Hagger, M. S., Wood, C., Stiff, C., & Chatzisarantis, N. L.. Ego depletion and the strength model of self-control: a meta-analysis. Psychological bulletin, Vol. 136 No.4, pp. 495. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0019486
- Hsieh, P. H., Sullivan, J. R., Sass, D. A., & Guerra, N. S.. Undergraduate engineering students' beliefs, coping strategies, and academic performance: An evaluation of theoretical models. The Journal of Experimental Education, Vol. 80 No.2, pp. 196-218. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1080/00220973.2011.596853
- Katzell, R. A., & Thompson, D. E.. Work motivation: Theory and practice. American psychologist, Vol. 45 No..2, pp.144, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.45.2.144
- Lee, F. K., Sheldon, K. M., & Turban, D. B.. Personality and the goal-striving process: The influence of achievement goal patterns, goal level, and mental focus on performance and enjoyment. Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 88 No.2, pp. 256. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.88.2.256
- Locke, E. A., & Latham, G. P.. Building a practically useful theory of goal setting and task motivation: A 35-year odyssey. American psychologist, Vol. 57 No.9, pp. 705. 2002 https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.57.9.705
- Miner, J. B.. The expanded horizon for achieving entrepreneurial success. Organizational Dynamics, Vol. 25 No.3, pp. 54-67. 1998.
- Muraven, M., & Baumeister, R. F.. Self-regulation and depletion of limited resources: Does self-control resemble a muscle?. Psy chological bulletin, Vol. 126 No.2, pp. 247. 2000 https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.126.2.247
- Riggs, M. L., & Knight, P. A.. The impact of perceived group success-failure on motivational beliefs and attitudes: a causal model. Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 79 No.5, pp. 755. 1994 https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.79.5.755
- Pintrich, P. R., & De Groot, E. V.. Motivational and self-regulated learning components of classroom academic performance. Journal of educational psychology, Vol. 82 No.1, pp. 33. 1990. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06220.127.116.11
- VandeWalle, D., Brown, S. P., Cron, W. L., & Slocum Jr, J. W.. The influence of goal orientation and self-regulation tactics on sales performance: A longitudinal field test. Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 84 No. 2, pp. 249. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.84.2.249
- Vohs, Kathleen. D., Roy F. Baumeister, and Natalie, J. Ciarocco, "Self-Regulation and Self-Presentation: Regulatory Resource Depletion Impairs Impression Management and Effortful Self-Presentation Depletes Regulatory Resources," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 88, pp. 632-657, 2005 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1682
- Welsh, D. T., & Ordonez, L. D.. Conscience without cognition: The effects of subconscious priming on ethical behavior. Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 57 No.3, pp.723-742. 2014. https://doi.org/10.5465/amj.2011.1009
- Sunghyun Yun, Keunho Lee, Heuiseok Lim, Daeryong Kim, Jung-hoon Kim, "The Method of Digital Copyright Authentication for Contents of Collective Intelligence", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 185-193, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.185
- Ji won Lee, Kyung-hee Kang, "Study about the relationship between self-esteem, depression and stress of students according to school system", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 69-74, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.4.069
- Winne, P. H., Self-regulated learning viewed from models of information processing. In B. J. Zimmerman & D. H. Schunk (Eds.), Self-regulated learning and academic achievement: Theoretical perspectives (2nd ed., pp. 153-189).
- Bandura, A.. Social foundations of thought and action: A social cognitive theory. Prentice-Hall, Inc. 1986.
- Bell, B. S., & Kozlowski, S. W. A typology of virtual teams implications for effective leadership. Group & Organization Management, Vol 27 No 1, pp. 14-49. 2002 https://doi.org/10.1177/1059601102027001003