- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the effect of Hierarchical culture of Construction Industry to the Empowerment and Organizational Effectiveness
위계문화가 임파워먼트 및 조직유효성에 미치는 영향에 관한 실증연구 -건설산업 중심으로-
- Kuark, Sang-Tai (Dept. of Techno Management of Graduate School, Hoseo University) ;
- Yang, Dong-Woo (Dept. of Techno Management of Graduate School, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2016.01.08
- Accepted : 2016.03.20
- Published : 2016.03.28
The purpose of this study is to identify Hierarchical Culture of construction enterprises, Empowerment, and Organizational Effectiveness through empirical research. To perform this study, we carried out a survey targeting executives of construction companies in Seoul, metropolitan area, and non-metropolitan area. For analyzing, SPSS Statistical Techniques, Reliability analysis, Factor analysis, Multiple Regression analysis were used. The results of the study are as follows. First, the Hierarchy of the Culture affects significantly positive (+) on Organizational Effectiveness. Second, Hierarchical Culture affects the significantly positive (+) to the Empowerment. Third, Hierarchies and Cultural Empowerment was found to significantly affect the positive (+) on Organizational Effectiveness. Based on the conclusions, Hierarchical Culture of the domestic construction industry has a significant impact on Self-determination and the goal of consciousness among employees. In addition, this is helpful in Job Performance and Organizational Commitment.
Hierarchical Cultural;Empowerment;Organization Effectiveness;Organizational Commitment;Job Performance;Self-determination
- Dong-Eun Yang, "Charismatic Leader's Actions Impact on Employee's Acceptance and Performance - Self-esteem and the Situation Verify effectiveness of Controlling", Cheon Nam National University, 2003.
- Chan-Sun Kim, "The Relationship between Security Organization's Organizational Culture, Organizational Empowerment, and Attachment", Graduate School of Seoul Venture, 2014.
- Won-Hyun Soh, "Communication Styles of Group Leaders Impact on Dramatized and Information Sampling Biases - Review of Vertical Hierarchies Culture of South Korea", Academy of Korean Studies, 2010.
- Jae-Deok Lee & Heo-Eun Jeong, "Multilevel Analysis of Factors Influencing Teacher's Job Satisfaction", The Korean Society for the Study of Education, 2008.
- I. O. Choi, J. H. Park & J. K. Sun, "Study on the Relationship between Organiational Culture and Innovation Behaviors of Organizational Members", Kyung Sung Univerity, 2011.
- Y. K. Yoo, "Charismatic Leadership Study on the Effect of Organizational Effectiveness", Seoul Venture Graduate, 2014.
- S. H. Ha, "The Type of Impact on Organizational Culture and Organizational Effectiveness Empowerment-Oriented Construction Industry", Hoseo Venture Graduate, 2009.
- Geum-Su Kim, "The Influence of Organizational Culture on Empowerment", Korea Business Management Institute, Vol16, 2002.
- Yong-Pil Kim, "A Study on the Influence of Leadership Style Hotel Companies on the Empowerment of Employees and the Organizational Effectiveness", Anyang University, 2008.
- Suk-Rae Jung, "The Impact of Organizational Culture to the Organizational Commitment and the Annual Salary", Hoseo University, 2003.
- Mak-Rae Kim, "Organizational Culture and Organizational Commitment", Kwang Woon University, 2010.
- C. W. Chow, G. L. Harrison & J. L. Mckinnon, & A. Wu, Organizational Culture and OrganizationalCommitment", Kwang Woon University, p347-360.
- E. H. Schein, "Organizational Psychology", Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 1980.
- T. W. Malone, "The Future of Work: How the New Order of Business Will Shape Your Organization, Your Management Style, and Your Life", Boston, Mass.: Harvard Business School, 2004.
- Kwang Soo Kim, "The Influence of Organizational Culture and Empowerment of Hotel Companies on Organizational Effectiveness and Quality of Service", Kyunggi University, 2003.
- Julia C. Naranjo-Valencia, Daniel Jimenez-Jimenez & Raquel Sanz Valle, "Innovation or Imitation? The Role of Organizational Culture", Management Decision, Vol. 49 Iss: 1, pp.55-72, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1108/00251741111094437
- E.E. Schein, "Coming to New Awareness of Organizational Culture", Sloan Management Review, Winter, 1984.
- Jung-Joo Lee, "Analyzing the Impact of Organizational Culture on Organizational Effectiveness in the Local public Enterprises: The Metropolitan Subway Corporation Case, Korean Association for Local Government Studies, 2006.
- Choon-Yoon Ahn, "A Study on the Impacts of Organizational Culture ane Organizational Environment on the Effectiveness of Performance Management in Local Public Enterprise : Focused on the 10 Public Facilities Management Corporation in Seoul Metropolitan City", KonKuk University, 2008.
- Jae-Min Jung, "Organizational Culture of the Competing Value Model Research on Newspaper Industry: Difference between Editorial and Non-Editorial Workers", The Korean Society for Journalism & Communication Studies, 2009.
- Baron. Reuben M. and A.Kenny(1986),"The Moderator-Mediator Variable Distinction in Social Psychological Research: Conceptual, Stategic, and Staistical Concideration, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 51(6), pp.1173-1182 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2063
- Yo-sup Noh, "Factors Affecting on Organizational Commitment of Airline Flight of Crew in Convergency Society: Focus to Safety, Working Condition and Organizational Justice ", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 55-64, 2015.
- Hyeon Young Kim, Myung-Seong Yim, "A Study on the Effect of Convergence Career Management Systems on Job Engagement and Career Commitment", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 23-31, 2015.