- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Study on the Impact of Collaboration on Business Performance in the Public Sector
공공부문에서의 협업이 업무성과에 미치는 영향에 대한 연구
- Lee, Hyang-Soo (Dept. of Public Administration, Konkuk University) ;
- Lee, Seong-Hoon (Dept. of Economics, Korea University)
- Received : 2016.01.19
- Accepted : 2016.03.20
- Published : 2016.03.28
Internal and external environment changes surrounding our society are pressing our government to solve a lot of difficult problems. These problems are more likely to be solved by a number of ministries and agencies, rather than a single ministry or agency. Thus collaboration is a necessary strategy to increase government's problem-solving skills. This study examines determinants of successful collaboration by analysing cases of local governments that solved uneasy problems covering many ministries after persistent efforts which have been controversial issues in our society. First, theoretical approach for collaboration and its matrix is examined. Second, interviews of government officers are analyzed to study collaboration cases. Finally, Strategic points of view are discussed to promote collaboration within government sectors. The results show that common goal sharing, incentives and supporting systems play important roles in inducing collaboration.
Collaboration;Matrix of Collaboration;Local Government;Shared Goals;Collaboration Support System
Supported by : 건국대학교
- J. W. Kim, "Collaboration Strategy for Smart Government", IT Policy Series 15, National Information Agency, 2011.
- H. S. Kim, "A Study on the Cooperation for the activation-type curriculum development site close", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.11 No.10, pp.59-69, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.59
- J. H. Kang, "A Study on the Curriculum of the IndustryUniversity Cooperation", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.9 No.3 pp.261-271, 2011.
- J. M. Do & J. D. Kim, "A Study on Critical Success Factors for Enterprise Security Collaboration", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12 No.10, pp.235-242, 2014.
- 3.0 Government Committee & Sairam, "Study of Collaborative Map for the public sector to promote collaboration", 3.0 Government Committee, 2014.
- M. McGuire, "Collaborative Public Management: Assessing What We Know and How We Know It". Public Administration Review. Special Issue. 66: 33-43, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-6210.2006.00664.x
- J. S. Jin, "A study on the success factor of public sector administrative convergence", Korea Personnel Administration Science Review, Vol.12 No. 1, pp. 117-146, 2013.
- D. Wu, & K. Passerini, "Uncovering Knowledge-Based Time Management Practices: Implications for Project Management". International Journal of Managing Projects in Business, Vol. 6 No. 2, 2013.
- J. Y. Lee, "A Study on the User Authentication and the Protection of Data in the Collaborative Cloud Storage", Journal of Digital Convergence, v.12 no.9, pp.153-158, 2014 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.9.153
- A. T. Himmelman, "Collaboration for a change: Definitions, decision-making roles, and collaboration process guide". Minneapolis: Himmelman Consulting, 2002.
- T. B. Lawrence, C. Hardy & N. Phillips, "Institutional Effects of Interorganizational Collaboration: The Emergence of Proto-Institutionsm", The Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 45, No. 1 pp. 281-290, 2002. https://doi.org/10.2307/3069297
- E. Elgar, "Technological Collaboration and Innovation", in M. Dodgson and R. Rothwell (eds.), The Handbook of Industrial Innovation. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 1994.
- DOI: http://www.aiim.org/What-is-Collaboration
- H. Tellioglu, "Collaboration Life Cycle", Multidisciplinary Design Group, Published in: Collaborative Technologies and Systems, 2008. CTS 2008. International Symposium on Date of Conference: 19-23 May 2008.
- Y. K. Kim, "Study on the Drivers and Constraints of Administrative Cooperation", Spring Conference Proceedings of the Korea Association of Public Administration, pp. 1-34, 2013.
- M. S. Lee, "Theory and Practice of Aadministrative Cooperation", Creative Economy Seminar for Collaborative Administration, 35-58. 2013.
- H. S. Lee, "Leadership and Knowledge Management", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12 No.10, pp35-43, 2014.
- Jae-Yong Lee, "Software Development Process Improvement Training and Collaboration Capabilities Optimized to the Psychological Type of ICT Engineer", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 105-111, 2015.
- Jung-Hoon Kim, Keun-Ho Lee, "Measures to Improve the Work Process Through the Convergence of Social Welfare based on IT", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 33-38, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.4.033